[support] rix's Docker Repository

rix

OK, It's requesting authentication when connecting to VNC, the VNC password is not set in the container. If I set it, to 123, its still rejected.

I've tried real VNC for windows desktop and the chrome app. Both are rejecting authentication.

3 minutes ago, jj_uk said:

OK, It's requesting authentication when connecting to VNC, the VNC password is not set in the container. If I set it, to 123, its still rejected.

I've tried real VNC for windows desktop and the chrome app. Both are rejecting authentication.

The VNC password in the container is not the VNC login password, the VNC login password is the "PASSWORD" container var.

Is this a mistake?

I'm getting this error when running docker exec -it GooglePhotosSync gphotos-sync /storage

I have the json file renamed in the appdata directory for gphotos

07-23 11:33:50 WARNING  gphotos-sync 2.14.0 2020-07-23 11:33:50.203629 
07-23 11:33:50 ERROR    
Process failed. 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/gphotos/Main.py", line 417, in main
    self.setup(args, db_path)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/gphotos/Main.py", line 263, in setup
    self.data_store = LocalData(db_path, args.flush_index)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/gphotos/LocalData.py", line 55, in __init__
    self.check_schema_version()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/gphotos/LocalData.py", line 80, in check_schema_version
    self.cur.execute(query)
sqlite3.OperationalError: no such table: Globals
07-23 11:33:50 WARNING  Done. 

• 2 weeks later...

WRT Ripper:

Could anyone point me in the right direction? I'm trying to dispose of a bunch of backup CD's by copying their contents to a share on my Unraid server... Ideally I would just causally swap them into the drive and have Ripper dump them into its output folder. I know this is possible by creating a DATArip.sh file.

I've gone ahead and done that (very badly I suspect, but it doesn't seem to work. (probably because I have no real idea what I'm doing)

#!/bin/bash

# Source /dev/sr0
# rsync is NOT PRESENT in the docker
# cd "$STORAGE_DATA"/"$DISKLABEL"
# output path is /out/Ripper/DATA/"$DISKLABEL"

cp -r '/dev/sr0/*' '/out/Ripper/DATA/"$DISKLABEL"'
  echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") : Done! Ejecting Disk"
  eject $DRIVE >> $LOGFILE 2>&1
  # permissions
  chown -R nobody:users "$STORAGE_DATA" && chmod -R g+rw "$STORAGE_DATA"
done

I can't seem to figure out how to test it... I assume the variables from the ripper.sh file are passed through when this is run. But trying to test it from the docker's console doesn't seem to do anything... (of course the docker is doing it's own thing as soon as I put a disk in.)

Any help or hint would be greatly appreciated.

I think my problems are as follows:

What is the path to the contents of the Data CD?

Has Ripper already created a folder using the CD Label when it runs the DATArip.sh?

What is the path to the folder that ripper creates with the name of the CD as the folder name? As in the path with the variable?

Arbadacarba

Edited by Arbadacarba

WRT Ripper:

I've had one problem show up a few times now.

I've used ripper to pull flac files off some indi cds that have no listings on the various servers. (when I say indi I mean very indi... locally produced church singers for my inlaws :) )

but if I'm not paying attention the second one overwrites the first... How difficult would it be to either add a check for unknown artists? Or even just through a time date stamp on every album folder?

Thanks

Arbadacarba

On 7/31/2020 at 7:41 PM, Arbadacarba said:

WRT Ripper:

I've had one problem show up a few times now.

I've used ripper to pull flac files off some indi cds that have no listings on the various servers. (when I say indi I mean very indi... locally produced church singers for my inlaws :) )

but if I'm not paying attention the second one overwrites the first... How difficult would it be to either add a check for unknown artists? Or even just through a time date stamp on every album folder?

Thanks

Arbadacarba

You should be able to easily fix this by adding a timestamp to the target path.

Try adding this to the STORAGE_CD variable in your ripper.sh:

$(date +%s)

Should be line 15 https://github.com/rix1337/docker-ripper/blob/64b17f6cacda1bdabe9a8d05f5b6476e2cb705d6/root/ripper/ripper.sh#L15

so it looks like

STORAGE_CD="/out/Ripper/CD/$(date +%s)"

This should produce different subfolders for each run

• Like 1
On 7/31/2020 at 7:37 PM, Arbadacarba said:

WRT Ripper:

Could anyone point me in the right direction? I'm trying to dispose of a bunch of backup CD's by copying their contents to a share on my Unraid server... Ideally I would just causally swap them into the drive and have Ripper dump them into its output folder. I know this is possible by creating a DATArip.sh file.

I've gone ahead and done that (very badly I suspect, but it doesn't seem to work. (probably because I have no real idea what I'm doing)

#!/bin/bash

# Source /dev/sr0
# rsync is NOT PRESENT in the docker
# cd "$STORAGE_DATA"/"$DISKLABEL"
# output path is /out/Ripper/DATA/"$DISKLABEL"

cp -r '/dev/sr0/*' '/out/Ripper/DATA/"$DISKLABEL"'
  echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") : Done! Ejecting Disk"
  eject $DRIVE >> $LOGFILE 2>&1
  # permissions
  chown -R nobody:users "$STORAGE_DATA" && chmod -R g+rw "$STORAGE_DATA"
done

I can't seem to figure out how to test it... I assume the variables from the ripper.sh file are passed through when this is run. But trying to test it from the docker's console doesn't seem to do anything... (of course the docker is doing it's own thing as soon as I put a disk in.)

Any help or hint would be greatly appreciated.

I think my problems are as follows:

What is the path to the contents of the Data CD?

Has Ripper already created a folder using the CD Label when it runs the DATArip.sh?

What is the path to the folder that ripper creates with the name of the CD as the folder name? As in the path with the variable?

Arbadacarba

Ripper is able to rip Data drives by itself, what are you trying to do with the above?

1 hour ago, rix said:

Ripper is able to rip Data drives by itself, what are you trying to do with the above?

I'm trying to avoid ISO files... Making the content accessible from programs that can't access ISO files and more easily searched.

I just want a folder with the name of the CD and the CD's contents (with subfolders) inside.

23 minutes ago, Arbadacarba said:

I'm trying to avoid ISO files... Making the content accessible from programs that can't access ISO files and more easily searched.

I just want a folder with the name of the CD and the CD's contents (with subfolders) inside.

Best of luck

35 minutes ago, rix said:

Best of luck

:) Any hints on the variables I'm looking for?

I feel like I'm missing something obvious with not being able to find the CD itself... The equivalent of D:\ in windows.

And am I right that Ripper creates a folder with the name of the Disk to put the ISO into? I'm just unfamiliar with the formatting and use of the variables.

Thanks again for the help with the Timestamps... That's exactly what I had in mind... (And I think gives me a hint about my second question here too.

Arbadacarba

Edited by Arbadacarba

I'm getting this error when running docker exec -it GooglePhotosSync gphotos-sync /storage

Process failed. 
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/gphotos/LocalData.py", line 55, in __init__
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/gphotos/LocalData.py", line 80, in check_schema_version
    self.cur.execute(query)

21 hours ago, Arbadacarba said:

:) Any hints on the variables I'm looking for?

I feel like I'm missing something obvious with not being able to find the CD itself... The equivalent of D:\ in windows.

And am I right that Ripper creates a folder with the name of the Disk to put the ISO into? I'm just unfamiliar with the formatting and use of the variables.

Thanks again for the help with the Timestamps... That's exactly what I had in mind... (And I think gives me a hint about my second question here too.

Arbadacarba

Ripping to ISO is a trivial task, mounting and directly copying over files is not - since that was never my goal, you will have to solve this yourself.

If you want to try something simple, why not extract the iso with something like https://www.tecmint.com/extract-files-from-iso-files-linux/

and then deleting the iso when the copying is done.

That should be fairly straightforward but you'll have to spend some time trying it out. I will unfortunately not invest more time into this.

12 hours ago, lelouch420 said:

Process failed. 
    self.cur.execute(query)

As far as I can tell the exception you are seeing is thrown by gphotos. Please open an issue at their github repo, since I will likely not be able to fix this.

Just to be sure, check again if you have followed the Readme to the letter:
https://hub.docker.com/repository/docker/rix1337/docker-gphotos-sync

1. Start the container with the "Run" part (not using -it)

2. Create and place the client_secret.json at /config

3. Run the "Syncing" command while the container is still running (this time using -it)

4. Follow the instructions to log into your account.

From now on "Syncing" should be callable through cron and work.

1 hour ago, rix said:

Ripping to ISO is a trivial task, mounting and directly copying over files is not - since that was never my goal, you will have to solve this yourself.

If you want to try something simple, why not extract the iso with something like https://www.tecmint.com/extract-files-from-iso-files-linux/

and then deleting the iso when the copying is done.

That should be fairly straightforward but you'll have to spend some time trying it out. I will unfortunately not invest more time into this.

OK, so it's not something obvious. Fair enough and thanks. I'll use Ripper to automate the ISO's and then strip them out. 

Still way easier than doing it by hand.

Arbadacarba

28 minutes ago, Arbadacarba said:

OK, so it's not something obvious. Fair enough and thanks. I'll use Ripper to automate the ISO's and then strip them out. 

Still way easier than doing it by hand.

Arbadacarba

Yeah, maybe someone savvy will be able to do it directly, but you can automate stripping the isos by modifying your ripper.sh

So at least the whole thing is automated.

What those commands are, you will have to find out yourself.

Edited by rix

Hello! I just installed the Ripper docker image for the purpose of ripping my CDs. Unfortunately, it feels like I've hit every roadblock since starting.

Initially, I was using the docker log and I saw that it simply said, "09.08.2020 23:13:36 : CD detected: Saving MP3 and FLAC"

After waiting and not seeing any files get processed, I decided to check the appdata log and found these errors.

1. This one claims that it can't find matching metadata for the disk: "No connection to internet? The error message is:
    cannot connect to cddb db:
    freedb.freedb.org:8880 [Invalid argument] at
    /usr/share/perl5/CDDB_get.pm line 310."
  2. This one simply won't let the disk be read at all: "

23:13:37: Ripping "01 Track 01"...
    cdparanoia III release 10.2 (September 11, 2008)

006: Could not read any data from drive

cdparanoia could not find a way to read audio from this drive.

Rip file 01 Track 01.rip not found.."

Any ideas as to what could cause this?

Thank you.

14 hours ago, NajChris11 said:

Hello! I just installed the Ripper docker image for the purpose of ripping my CDs. Unfortunately, it feels like I've hit every roadblock since starting.

Initially, I was using the docker log and I saw that it simply said, "09.08.2020 23:13:36 : CD detected: Saving MP3 and FLAC"

After waiting and not seeing any files get processed, I decided to check the appdata log and found these errors.

1. This one claims that it can't find matching metadata for the disk: "No connection to internet? The error message is:
    cannot connect to cddb db:
    freedb.freedb.org:8880 [Invalid argument] at
    /usr/share/perl5/CDDB_get.pm line 310."
  2. This one simply won't let the disk be read at all: "

23:13:37: Ripping "01 Track 01"...
    cdparanoia III release 10.2 (September 11, 2008)

006: Could not read any data from drive

cdparanoia could not find a way to read audio from this drive.

Rip file 01 Track 01.rip not found.."

Any ideas as to what could cause this?

Thank you.

Freedb is down. Fortunately a few days ago a beta of ripit was pushed that now uses gnudb for ripit.

This commit should resolve issue #1: https://github.com/rix1337/docker-ripper/commit/55c38cf841126595072cb40b817bf80b345cfd0d

Your second issue I have no idea how to fix. Sounds like a hardware issue if it is not caused by #1.

EDiT: Build with the new ripit version is up. Update and enjoy!

Edited by rix

The new Ripper update is borked for me, I get this error looping and the docker shuts down:

11.08.2020 15:02:03 : Unexpected makemkvcon output:
11.08.2020 15:02:03 : Too many errors, ejecting disk and aborting
makemkvcon: error while loading shared libraries: libmakemkv.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
*** /etc/my_init.d/ripper.sh failed with status 1

*** Killing all processes...

I tried reinstalling from scratch and get the same issue.

2 minutes ago, BlackHornet said:

The new Ripper update is borked for me, I get this error looping and the docker shuts down:

11.08.2020 15:02:03 : Unexpected makemkvcon output:
11.08.2020 15:02:03 : Too many errors, ejecting disk and aborting
makemkvcon: error while loading shared libraries: libmakemkv.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
*** /etc/my_init.d/ripper.sh failed with status 1

*** Killing all processes...

I tried reinstalling from scratch and get the same issue.

Yup, had to update to 0.15.2 which results in a builderror for libmakemkv.

Issue on github is open. I have currently no idea how to fix this.

https://github.com/rix1337/docker-ripper/issues/51

On 8/10/2020 at 9:37 AM, rix said:

Freedb is down. Fortunately a few days ago a beta of ripit was pushed that now uses gnudb for ripit.

This commit should resolve issue #1: https://github.com/rix1337/docker-ripper/commit/55c38cf841126595072cb40b817bf80b345cfd0d

Your second issue I have no idea how to fix. Sounds like a hardware issue if it is not caused by #1.

EDiT: Build with the new ripit version is up. Update and enjoy!

Latest update did the trick. Thanks!

Is there a way to have Ripper utilize an Nvidia GPU for DVD/BluRay encoding? 

Has anybody attempted NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES=all + NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES=GPUID ?

Or is this not the function of MakeMKV and would require the Nvidia enabled Handbrake to take advantage of the GPU? 

Thanks.

Edited by Szaraa
typo