*new to this* KVM Switch question, not KVM/QEMU

So i have been made aware of this software recently and had a question before i sink money into it for the sake of geeking out.

I understand this is a VM manager just like any other VM manager (ESXI ...ect) however it is also a bit more configurable (Linux who knew) However, is it possible to use this for two OS on the same box but have a KVM Switch (keyboard, Video, Mouse) where i can use the same mouse and key board on both OS but on like dual monitors..or three.

My idea is based on my job. I use Windows but it would be very beneficial to use Linux for some other tasks. As of right now i run a VM on an ESXI host and this isnt ideal due to not having access to it at all times or having to VPN just to reach it and then having to VPN from the linux box to a customer.

I have free range over my hardware so this will not be an issue.

The only solution I know of (if you want to connect a monitor, mouse and keyboard to the unraid box) is to have one video card for each VM and connect it to the KVM switch of your choice.

There is no solution to do the same without passing through a video card for each VM for unraid.

You do however have access through vnc to the VMs either through the webgui or a vnc client on another device. RDP is also a possibility. But then you need another computer or tablet/phone.

Unraid isn't a VM manager, but a NAS software with a basic (and easy to use) VM manager.

The only solution I know of (if you want to connect a monitor, mouse and keyboard to the unraid box) is to have one video card for each VM and connect it to the KVM switch of your choice.

There is no solution to do the same without passing through a video card for each VM for unraid.

You do however have access through vnc to the VMs either through the webgui or a vnc client on another device. RDP is also a possibility. But then you need another computer or tablet/phone.

Unraid isn't a VM manager, but a NAS software with a basic (and easy to use) VM manager.

So there is no plugin designed for just doing KVM. I guess i can use VNC though again not ideal

I guess you can connect two gpu's to a KVM switch, but the keyboard/mouse/devices part is a bit more tricky as we passthrough usb devices to a specific VM, a VM cannot share the same physical USB port as another as you're likely aware of.

Although.. if you get a KVM switch with USB and you get a secondary PCI USB controller, it should in theory work fine. Check out the linus techtips video, works fine there, as in theory is the exact same setup as he uses, except the extra monitor and keyboard/mouse. 

You could prolly get away with a VPN site-to-site connection from home -> work -> customer . Should be acceptable from your workplace/IT dept. That depends on your employer of course.

Unraid is awesome as a home storage solution, and if you're a geek (like me) and want all sorts of dockers, VMs, services and cool stuff to show of to your geek-friends... it f-ing rocks. I cannot praise it enough :)