Drive Red X - Just rebuilt server 3 days ago

Over the past couple of months I have made several posts on issues I have had since upgrading to unraid 6.X....to the point where I am sick of seeing my own posts  ;D

Over the weekend I decided to combine with windows 7 PC with my unraid tower and fully leverage unraid 6 and run windows 7 as a VM.  Everything went well until today.  After 2.5 days of uptime, I got a red "balled" X drive.  It showed 7 errors in main status window.  Diagnostics attached.  Disk 3 was disabled and there is no smart report in the zipped diagnostics file.  I assume I should start in maintenance mode and see if I can get a smart report...possibly also run reiserfsck on this disk?  I assume it could be a cabling issue since I just rebuilt this machine.

One item I forgot to prepare for in advance of combining the PC's was purchasing additional SATA cables.  My plan was to run all of the drives off of the motherboard...but since I did not have enough sata cables, I was forced to use my supermicro AOCMV8SASLP card with the sata breakout cables.  It just so happens disk 3 was connected to this add on card.  I plan on ordering some new cable and pull this card.

I guess at this point I will work through this troubleshooting guide.  http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Troubleshooting#Hard_drive_failures

Hopefully someone is willing to look at my syslog and see if anything jumps out at them.

Thanks,

Dan

tower-diagnostics-20151028-1335.zip

I've had heaps of problems reusing old sata cables, replaced them all, never had a problem since.

It doesn't seem to be an issue with your drives as far as Smart report passes, have you double checked the power cabling ? could be a bad connection or something, considering you've just rebuilt your system basic cabling errors are easily missed :)