[Request/Done] Let's Encrypt Container

rix

Just added this docker with default settings (and advanced settings). The docker will not start. Also, there are no logs that have been recorder. I attempt to start and it stops immediately. Any suggestions?

Can you post a screenshot with your settings?

Does it let you hit create and actuator create the container?

Yes  it allows me to create the container.

Here are my settings, not listed are advanced.

HoFplQw.png

Just added this docker with default settings (and advanced settings). The docker will not start. Also, there are no logs that have been recorder. I attempt to start and it stops immediately. Any suggestions?

Can you post a screenshot with your settings?

Does it let you hit create and actuator create the container?

Here are my settings, not listed are advanced.

HoFplQw.png

Man, you're not giving me much to go on.

Did you enter your email address, the url,  the subdomains?  Are they in the proper format?

Did you click on the log button in the gui? Is it absolutely empty?

Are there any local files or folders created in the config folder?

More important than a screenshot of your settings, is a screen shot of what appears after you hit create.  At the bottom of the screen it probably says "The command finished successfully", but in cases where the docker app doesn't start there may be a subtle error message returned by the docker run command.

If you don't want to post the screenshot due to email addresses, etc then as a quick sanity check (and to save everyone a ton of time), go to plugins-check for updates, and if there is a dynamix webGUI update available, install it.

Is it possible to have multiple domains and subdomains without them conflicting? For isntance, I want music.domainb.com and reader.domaina.com but not reader.domainb.com.

Would it make more sense to configure this container with no domains or subdomains and then exec into it and configure it manually? Or would that break any of the other stuff?

Is it possible to have multiple domains and subdomains without them conflicting? For isntance, I want music.domainb.com and reader.domaina.com but not reader.domainb.com.

My implementation currently only works with one domain and multiple potential subdomains all on the same cert.

Would it make more sense to configure this container with no domains or subdomains and then exec into it and configure it manually? Or would that break any of the other stuff?

Without a domain or subdomain, nginx webserver doesn't even start (template refers to certs and if they don't exist it errors out)

It would make more sense to install the basic nginx container and add letsencrypt to it manually.

This container is really for folks who want to easily and seamlessly set up a basic webserver on their unraid box so they can access their container guis and other web services securely. For that basic need, all you have to do is enter your domain and your email address and you're good to go. If you need more than that, you're better off setting letsencrypt up yourself and you can customize it to death

Hello aptalca

When accesing the domain depending on the browser it gets directed to the unRAID interface and not the wanted standard site.

Could you help me out with that?

I can try, but I don't know where to start. You'll have to do most of the troubleshooting.

Hi aptalca,

can I suggest to add this thread as the support thread in CA for your docker?

Or link to it from your main support thread.

Would make it much easier to get here.

Thanks for all the great work.

I prefer keeping the other thread as the main support thread, but I realize this thread has a lot of specific info on this container.

I thought I had added a link to here in the other thread but I guess I did not. Thanks for letting me know. I'll add links in the other thread as well as in the container description.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this awesome docker.

Is it possible to link it with a mariadb docker so i could run something like wordpress in it and how would i do that.

also is it possible to have it host multiple domains and get ssl certificates for them?

You can set up wordpress with a remote mysql database: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-a-remote-database-to-optimize-site-performance-with-mysql

Just enter your server ip and port for your mariadb container and it will work.

Unfortunately this container is for a single domain with multiple potential subdomains. The restriction is due to how letsencrypt stores the certificates, which gets complicated with multiple domains. It's on my to do list as a new feature but no clear timeline yet

• 2 weeks later...

Hello aptalca

When accesing the domain depending on the browser it gets directed to the unRAID interface and not the wanted standard site.

I can try, but I don't know where to start. You'll have to do most of the troubleshooting.

Thanks for your help, this is a config which will usually direct to http: http://pastebin.com/rxhiqwHc

For some reason it still goes to port 80 and will try to open the unraid interface.

Hello aptalca

Thanks for your help, this is a config which will usually direct to http: http://pastebin.com/rxhiqwHc

For some reason it still goes to port 80 and will try to open the unraid interface.

If it's opening the unraid interface then you have the forwarding on your router set up incorrectly. On your router, forward outside port 80 to port 85 on your unraid ip. In this container's settings, map container port 80 to host port 85

That way a request coming from the Internet on port 80 will be sent to port 85 on your unraid server by your router, and unraid docker service will forward that request on port 85 to port 80 in your container. Then the nginx config should redirect it to 443

It sounds like right now outside requests to port 80 get forwarded to port 80 on your unraid server and they are reaching the unraid web gui

• 2 weeks later...

I have an odd issue where the cert for all my subdomains are identifying as being issued to one of the subdomains.

For example:

sub1.domain.com

sub2.domain.com

sub3.domain.com

When I view the cert in Chrome for all these of these URLs it says it is issued to sub1.domain.com.

Did I configure something wrong in the config? It all appears to be working I just expected each cert to have been issued to the specific subdoamin.

Thanks for any insight.

I have an odd issue where the cert for all my subdomains are identifying as being issued to one of the subdomains.

For example:

sub1.domain.com

sub2.domain.com

sub3.domain.com

When I view the cert in Chrome for all these of these URLs it says it is issued to sub1.domain.com.

Did I configure something wrong in the config? It all appears to be working I just expected each cert to have been issued to the specific subdoamin.

Thanks for any insight.

How did you create a cert with multiple subdomains and no main domain? This container does not allow that.

There should be one cert for the domain and all subdomains. In Chrome while viewing the certificate you can click on the details and look at the aliases; you should see all the sub/domains listed

For example:

sub1.domain.com

sub2.domain.com

sub3.domain.com

Thanks for any insight.

How did you create a cert with multiple subdomains and no main domain? This container does not allow that.

There should be one cert for the domain and all subdomains. In Chrome while viewing the certificate you can click on the details and look at the aliases; you should see all the sub/domains listed

I did specify a main domain, however I do not see anything about alias' under the cert details tab.

Sure thing, I've gone ahead and attached 2 screenshots. This is on my plexpy.domain.com, however it shows it as owncloud.domain.com.

All of the blacked out domains are something.domain.com, but for each of those links it just shows owncloud.domain.com on the main cert details.

General.PNG.e5bbc6376aa82168ec8209cc1228ad4c.PNG

Details.PNG.2a585cbe3647c07e8eb7e17630b45496.PNG