cAdvisor

shooga

Can anyone help me understand how to read docker container size in cAdvisor? I've read here that it can be used to help understand which docker images are growing in size.

What should I be looking at to see this? On the main docker containers page within cAdvisor I see the size of images listed, but this is the size on the repo. If I go into each container the only place I see a size is the virtual size of each process, but that seems like a strange way to represent size and I'm not sure if that is actually including all of the files or not.

Any advice here? I'm looking for ways to debug my growing docker containers because otherwise I will just have to keep increasing the size of my docker volume. I've double checked and don't see any obvious places where I could have mapped folders differently.

Is there a way to browse the files inside a container to look for the offending files?

Thanks trurl!

This command to drop into the container and then this, "find / -xdev -type f -size +100M" to find files over 100MB helped me find that I had a 1.34GB error log in three of my containers! (eroz's AirVideoServer, needo's PlexMediaServer, and needo's PlexWatch). Deleting that file is an easy temporary fix, but I still need to figure out a long term solution.

Any idea what would be causing this error:

Nov  1 08:10:18 [server name] sshd[435]: error: Bind to port 22 on 0.0.0.0 failed: Address already in use.

Nov  1 08:10:18 [server name] sshd[435]: fatal: Cannot bind any address.

I'm guessing it's because ssh is already open on the server. How could I fix this?