Connecting to Crashplan form Desktop App

gavinjb

Hi,

Just setup my unRAID so hope I am not doing something stupid.

I have installed the Crashplan Docker and I am trying to get my Desktop PC Crashplan App to point to it for backups, so far I have done the following on my desktop PC

1. updated the Port & IP in ui.properties

2. copied .ui_info & .identity to c:\programdata\crashplan

3. editied .ui_info by adding ip of server to the end of file, I am concerned however as the file on the server has the following 4243,unRAID (I was expecting a GUID in the place of unRAID like in the original file on my PC).

4. stopped & disabled Crashplan service

However when I run Crashplan on my Desktop it now loads the splash screen and doesn't get any further.

Sorry if this has been asked before I did do a search but haven't found anything which can help.

Can anyone help.

Thanks,

Gavin,

You could have a look on the guide in my signature however it is written for 4.4.0/4.4.1 but the Docker container is still on version 4.3.0 (unless you have had it running already). As long as you can connect to the Docker container and get it online it will update itself to 4.4.1 but unless you haven’t had it running before I don’t know if it will work.

If it’s a new installation, you could try to install the CrashPlan Desktop Docker container and use that to get it running but as soon the Docker container updates to 4.4.1 you will no longer be able to use CrashPlan Desktop Docker container but then you can use the Windows client instead.

You can also check the last three pages in the CrashPlan thread: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=33864.0

I am also new to unRAID but just went through this and have some steps that might help.

First off, when you boot the crashplan server docker for the first time, you will need to connect to it once from the matching crashplan desktop, login to your crashplan account and it will immediately upgrade the server. From that point forward the crashplan-desktop docker is worthless as far as I can tell until the author upgrades the client in it. However, since the server has upgraded you will now be able to connect to it from your windows or other desktop. You will also find that it will now have a GUID in the ui.info file as you were expecting.

Just overwrite the identity and ui.info file on your desktop with the files from the server, then alter the IP as you mentioned and it should connect right up. The GUID on my server docker seems to change each time I restart the docker, so you will need to keep up with that change each time on your desktop. Otherwise, it seems to work perfectly for me.

Hopefully that helps some.

-Landon