[Support] Linuxserver.io - Unifi

Updated container and docker now starts every time, stop/start and restart.

It did not "find" and use my previous config.  I gather from your post that due to the issue it was stored inside the container and so would have been wiped out on container update. 

Reconfigured controller again, adopted AP's, etc.  Stop/start or restart container and config is now retained.  All appears to be sorted.

Thanks for fixing it so quickly.

Updated container and docker now starts every time, stop/start and restart.

It did not "find" and use my previous config.  I gather from your post that due to the issue it was stored inside the container and so would have been wiped out on container update. 

Reconfigured controller again, adopted AP's, etc.  Stop/start or restart container and config is now retained.  All appears to be sorted.

Thanks for fixing it so quickly.

Also as a sidenote nobody in the team does actually use the container

Also as a sidenote nobody in the team does actually use the container

I figured as much as the issues with the docker weren't obvious until one actually configured the docker then restarted it, hence the reason I asked.

Big thanks to the group for all the great dockers you guys produce.

the "issue" was because of an update to the unifi app itself.

Yes, I gathered that from your previous post.  Would it make you feel better if I said "the issue with the app" instead of "the issue with the docker"?

I discovered an issue (an issue that anyone that actually attempted to USE the docker would have found), posted about it, and got told that I was basically doing it all wrong and "screaming that the container is broken".  Nobody is attacking you or your work.  Slow your roll.

Yes, I gathered that from your previous post.  Would it make you feel better if I said "the issue with the app" instead of "the issue with the docker"?

I discovered an issue (an issue that anyone that actually attempted to USE the docker would have found), posted about it, and got told that I was basically doing it all wrong and "screaming that the container is broken".  Nobody is attacking you or your work.  Slow your roll.

Hey now everyone.  There is no way to read someones tone or intention across words typed on a screen. Lets all go back to being the happy people we usually are  :)

let me try that

this is what I get, should I be waiting longer?

-----------------------------------

_ _ _

| |___| (_) ___

| / __| | |/ _ \

| \__ \ | | (_) |

|_|___/ |_|\___/

|_|

Brought to you by linuxserver.io

GID/UID

User uid: 99

User gid: 100

We are now refreshing packages from apt repositorys, this *may* take a while

_ _ _

| |___| (_) ___

| / __| | |/ _ \

| \__ \ | | (_) |

|_|___/ |_|\___/

|_|

GID/UID

Nov 18 11:59:50 714df479b7e3 syslog-ng[84]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.3'

FWIW, after the container was updated by sparklyballs, that is all I get in the log.  It no longer shows any other info like downloading repositories or such, but the container is running and working.

My docker has been running since last night and the only other entries in the log are the cron entries once an hour.

_ _ _
| |___| (_) ___
| / __| | |/ _ \
| \__ \ | | (_) |
|_|___/ |_|\___/
|_|

GID/UID

Nov 17 18:48:46 1fdda773de16 syslog-ng[61]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.3'
Nov 17 19:17:01 1fdda773de16 /USR/SBIN/CRON[424]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Nov 17 20:17:01 1fdda773de16 /USR/SBIN/CRON[464]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Nov 17 21:17:01 1fdda773de16 /USR/SBIN/CRON[467]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Nov 17 22:17:01 1fdda773de16 /USR/SBIN/CRON[470]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Nov 17 23:17:01 1fdda773de16 /USR/SBIN/CRON[473]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Nov 18 00:17:01 1fdda773de16 /USR/SBIN/CRON[476]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Nov 18 01:17:01 1fdda773de16 /USR/SBIN/CRON[479]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Nov 18 02:17:01 1fdda773de16 /USR/SBIN/CRON[482]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Nov 18 03:17:01 1fdda773de16 /USR/SBIN/CRON[485]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Nov 18 04:17:01 1fdda773de16 /USR/SBIN/CRON[488]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Nov 18 05:17:01 1fdda773de16 /USR/SBIN/CRON[491]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Nov 18 06:17:01 1fdda773de16 /USR/SBIN/CRON[494]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Nov 18 06:25:01 1fdda773de16 /USR/SBIN/CRON[497]: (root) CMD (test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily ))
Nov 18 07:17:01 1fdda773de16 /USR/SBIN/CRON[570]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Nov 18 08:17:01 1fdda773de16 /USR/SBIN/CRON[586]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Nov 18 09:17:01 1fdda773de16 /USR/SBIN/CRON[589]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Nov 18 10:17:01 1fdda773de16 /USR/SBIN/CRON[592]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)

Is it possible the ports you are trying to use are already in use?

kept the standard ports, and still can't find it. maybe because the docker runs in bridge mode

It's not related to bridge mode. The AP doesn't know where the controller is unless you have your DHCP server specifically set up to issue the controller address as an option in the lease. Normally you would use the UniFi discovery tool to find the AP and tell it the IP of the controller, but the UniFi dockers don't have the discovery tool as it is a separate app.

To get the AP to show up in the controller so it can be adopted and provisioned, do the following:

Determine the IP the AP was leased

SSH to that IP

Login as ubnt / ubnt

mca-cli

set-inform http://address:port/inform (where address is IP of controller and port is the port you are using for inform, default is 8080)

Once you run the set inform command it should show in the controller. As soon as you click adopt you need to run the set inform command a second time on the AP.

EDIT: Syntax correction

I did the following command but nothing happens in my controller, could it be because I have set it up with another controller?

Yes, you can't adopt an AP in multiple controllers.  You need to reset the AP to defaults before you can adopt it in another controller.

SSH into the AP and run the following command.

syswrapper.sh restore-default

The AP will restore to factory defaults and reboot.  Once it reboots, reconnect and then run the commands in the previous post.

• Like 1

I had the same issue as dirtysanchez, once I fixed the port conflict issue I updated unRAID to 6.1.4 and when going back to the container this evening it was down but apparently running.  Restarting it made it hang at the refreshing packages stage.  Re-adding the container now to see if it fixes it. Edit: Fixed it :)

As an aside - is there any chance of you guys doing one for the video controller app please?  I've just ordered one of their cameras :)

I'm running into a similar problem with the docker image not starting the webui.

I remapped the port from 8443 (standard unifi) to 8444 to prevent any additional problems with other applications.  The standard ports of:

8080,8081,8843,8880 do not conflict with any of my other applications.

root@:/mnt/user/appdata# netstat -apn | grep 8444

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:8444            0.0.0.0:*              LISTEN      27453/docker-proxy

root@:/mnt/user/appdata#

I did a netstat and saw that the port 8444 was listening but I'm not seeing anything besides an error page when i hit the main web page console.

This webpage is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

I've deleted both the image and the docker and still having the same problem.

Any ideas?

I'm running into a similar problem with the docker image not starting the webui.

I remapped the port from 8443 (standard unifi) to 8444 to prevent any additional problems with other applications.  The standard ports of:

8080,8081,8843,8880 do not conflict with any of my other applications.

root@:/mnt/user/appdata# netstat -apn | grep 8444

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:8444            0.0.0.0:*              LISTEN      27453/docker-proxy

I did a netstat and saw that the port 8444 was listening but I'm not seeing anything besides an error page when i hit the main web page console.

This webpage is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

I've deleted both the image and the docker and still having the same problem.

Any ideas?

looks like you changed both the host side and container side port mapping, only change the host side, leave the container side alone.

I only changed the Host, not the container as I knew that would muck stuff up.  I use Unifi all the time at work so I knew moving 8443 over on the container would be a big no-no.

That being said I said F*** it and purged the container again and reinstalled

root@:/mnt/user/appdata# netstat -apn | grep docker

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:8843            0.0.0.0:*              LISTEN      11880/docker-proxy

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:8080            0.0.0.0:*              LISTEN      11913/docker-proxy

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:8880            0.0.0.0:*              LISTEN      11867/docker-proxy

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:8081            0.0.0.0:*              LISTEN      11902/docker-proxy

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:8443            0.0.0.0:*              LISTEN      11891/docker-proxy

unix  2      [ ACC ]    STREAM    LISTENING    24042    16421/docker        /var/run/docker.sock

unix  2      [ ]        STREAM    CONNECTED    10708153 16421/docker        /var/run/docker.sock

Same error message as above. I've stopped and started the container. Permissions are set for nonbody:users all the way down the path.

Logs:

_ _ _

| |___| (_) ___

| / __| | |/ _ \

| \__ \ | | (_) |

|_|___/ |_|\___/

|_|

GID/UID

Nov 25 14:49:27 29e2b2ba748c syslog-ng[95]: s

I believe you. Im very puzzled why my image isnt working. I finally see the updates that are occuring in the image:

(Reading database ... 15447 files and directories currently installed.)

Preparing to unpack .../openjdk-7-jre-headless_7u91-2.6.3-0ubuntu0.14.04.1_amd64.deb ...

Unpacking openjdk-7-jre-headless:amd64 (7u91-2.6.3-0ubuntu0.14.04.1) over (7u85-2.6.1-5ubuntu0.14.04.1) ...

Setting up openjdk-7-jre-headless:amd64 (7u91-2.6.3-0ubuntu0.14.04.1) ...

Installing new version of config file /etc/java-7-openjdk/security/java.security ...

Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.19-0ubuntu6.6) ...

Nov 25 17:58:34 29e2b2ba748c syslog-ng[192]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.3'

UPDATE 2:

After all the packages are updated, THEN you restart the docker image, Then wait and THEN the unifi controller will become accessible.

update 3:

Most Bizzare. I got to the initial accepting of the SSL cert but then the web page hung.  I know I'm not cpu/memory/disk/io bound as everything is well below limits.

kept the standard ports, and still can't find it. maybe because the docker runs in bridge mode

It's not related to bridge mode. The AP doesn't know where the controller is unless you have your DHCP server specifically set up to issue the controller address as an option in the lease. Normally you would use the UniFi discovery tool to find the AP and tell it the IP of the controller, but the UniFi dockers don't have the discovery tool as it is a separate app.

To get the AP to show up in the controller so it can be adopted and provisioned, do the following:

SSH to that IP

Login as ubnt / ubnt

mca-cli

set-inform http://address:port/inform (where address is IP of controller and port is the port you are using for inform, default is 8080)

Once you run the set inform command it should show in the controller. As soon as you click adopt you need to run the set inform command a second time on the AP.

Thank you so much for that bit of advice!  I notice that when you have one attached to the controller via this method - it then finds the rest!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

SSH to that IP

Login as ubnt / ubnt

mca-cli

Thank you so much for that bit of advice!  I notice that when you have one attached to the controller via this method - it then finds the rest!

Welcome.  As I currently only have a single UniFi AP, I've not noticed that, but it's definitely a good thing.  I plan on getting an AC LITE soon, so I'll see if I experience the same.

• trurl locked this topic