[Support] Linuxserver.io - Unifi

On 4/1/2017 at 1:28 PM, CHBMB said:

Change /mnt/user/appdata/unifi to /mnt/cache/appdata/unifi

That did the trick for me as well. When using "/mnt/user/docker/unifi" or /mnt/user/appdata/unifi" it started (no errors) but I was unable to access the UI. Any hints why and how can this be fixed? I'm backing up /mnt/user/docker/* so I would like to keep the unifi container as well in that dir. Thank you! :)

3 hours ago, Razvan Rosca said:

That did the trick for me as well. When using "/mnt/user/docker/unifi" or /mnt/user/appdata/unifi" it started (no errors) but I was unable to access the UI. Any hints why and how can this be fixed? I'm backing up /mnt/user/docker/* so I would like to keep the unifi container as well in that dir. Thank you! :)

/mnt/user/docker/unifi is the same as /mnt/cache/docker/unifi/

We can't "fix" anything as it's a limitation in how docker interacts with the FUSE filesystem on Unraid.  Just change it to /mnt/cache/docker/unifi/ and it will be backed up.

3 hours ago, Razvan Rosca said:

The docker itself when installed is empty.  It contains a script that downloads and installs the actual application, so it could take some time before you can access the UI.  Watch the log and make sure it shows that it downloads and installs the app.

Hi, got the docker up n running and controlling an AC Pro, really great docker. For info, i have also mapped port 6789 to my own docker instance which now allows me to run the app on the iPhone, and perform a speed test to test your throughput. The speediest to your controller needed the port 6789 bit, nice to check your getting good throughput on your network and not using an internet speed tester...

I had a question about NTP - my unify docker is going to 0.ubnt.pool.ntp.org all the time for its NTP, and i have NTP running internally on my network with all my other devices pointing at my NTP Server, but i can't work out how to change the docker so i can point the NTP to my internal server. 

I saw some stuff about a config.properties file which i don't seem to find.

Anyone have any ideas on how i could change this?

Thanks

5 hours ago, rorton said:

Hi, got the docker up n running and controlling an AC Pro, really great docker. For info, i have also mapped port 6789 to my own docker instance which now allows me to run the app on the iPhone, and perform a speed test to test your throughput. The speediest to your controller needed the port 6789 bit, nice to check your getting good throughput on your network and not using an internet speed tester...

I had a question about NTP - my unify docker is going to 0.ubnt.pool.ntp.org all the time for its NTP, and i have NTP running internally on my network with all my other devices pointing at my NTP Server, but i can't work out how to change the docker so i can point the NTP to my internal server. 

I saw some stuff about a config.properties file which i don't seem to find.

Anyone have any ideas on how i could change this?

Thanks

NTP shouldn't be needed on the unifi container as long as your unraid server use NTP. The container uses unraids time and date.

Thanks for replying, 

I have the NTP set on my unraid server to my internal NTP Server.

Its not actually the Unifi Controller itself thats making the NTP calls, its the actual access point that keeps talking to 0.ubnt.pool.ntp.org and i assumed that this config was in the unifi controller somewhere, which gets pushed to the access point when provisioning

got it working 

Whats needed is a config.properties file in appdata/unifi/data/sites/default

create the file, and in there, add the single line:

config.ntp_server=NameServer

Once this is in the above directory, make a change to your AP to force a provision, and your new NTP settings will upload. 

if you want to check the before and after, ssh onto your AP using your unifi controller username/password

run 

egrep ntp /tmp/running.cfg

to see current NTP settings, and then run the same again after putting in the config.properties file into your sites folder and you should see your new NTP Server settings

Can anyone help me i cant access the web ui but it starts fine here my log from the appdata folder it gets stopping at 

[2017-04-10 22:49:20,609] <db-server> ERROR system - [exec] error, rc=14
[2017-04-10 22:49:20,610] <db-server> INFO  db     - DbServer stopped
[2017-04-10 22:49:20,610] <db-server> WARN  db     - DbServer not shutdown cleanly and need repairing on next startup

server.log

ok here my run command

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="unifi" --net="bridge" -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" -p 8080:8080/tcp -p 8081:8081/tcp -p 8443:8443/tcp -p 8843:8843/tcp -p 8880:8880/tcp -v "/mnt/user/appdata/unifi":"/config":rw linuxserver/unifi

62ac6bbc21ab512171dfcb62c79d1a464e2515e42c38ab29e0baf75f05f4e543

The command finished successfully!

For anyone about to ask, yes, we know that Unifi has updated the software.  It will be updated on Friday with our weekly update as long as it is in the PPA.  No, we won't be doing it any earlier unless there is a threat to life or limb or a massive security hole in the existing version.....

:D

• 2 weeks later...

After the last update I no longer have access to the UI it keeps telling me wrong login/password how do I reset the login info? or do I have to uninstall it and redo everything (provisioning, create new account etc. etc) 

Edited by sickb0y
10 hours ago, sickb0y said:

After the last update I cannot no longer access the UI it keeps telling me wrong login/password how do I reset the login info? or do I have to uninstall it and redo everything (provisioning, create new account etc. etc) 

Never mind I fix it myself by setting is_default=true on the system.properties file. Rebooted the docker which allowed me to restore my settings from a backup and my previous user name/password worked without issues.

Edited by sickb0y
  • 1 month later...

I see that others have had to do the same.  I also had to put my container in "Host" mode otherwise my AC Pro wouldn't adopt/provision.  It would sit at an 'adopting' status for a few minutes and eventually go 'disconnected'.  As soon as I changed the container to Host made, it adopted and provisioned right away.

I may end up just using Pipework to give the controller its own IP anyway.

John

I'm struggling getting the Docker controller to see the Unifi AP.

I ran through the process of logging into the AP and running the set-inform command, but still nothing. set-inform http://serverIP:8080/inform

The only way I get it to show up in the Docker controller is if I run it using Host instead of Bridge. In Host mode, I'm able to see the AP and that it's managed by another controller. In Bridge, I don't see any APs.

Any advice would be appreciated. I've attached my Unifi Docker Config.

Unifi Docker Config.png

Edited by NNate

I've just updated this docker and the web UI is giving me this error, I tried going to appdata/unifi/logs through SMB, but apparently I don't have access? The Android app which is connecting to the controller over the local network still seems to work however.

HTTP Status 500 - Control character in cookie value or attribute.

type Exception report

message Control character in cookie value or attribute.

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Control character in cookie value or attribute.
	org.apache.tomcat.util.http.CookieSupport.isV0Separator(CookieSupport.java:165)
	org.apache.tomcat.util.http.Cookies.processCookieHeader(Cookies.java:368)
	org.apache.tomcat.util.http.Cookies.processCookies(Cookies.java:195)
	org.apache.tomcat.util.http.Cookies.getCookieCount(Cookies.java:119)
	org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.parseCookies(Request.java:3168)
	org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.getCookies(Request.java:2156)
	org.apache.catalina.connector.RequestFacade.getCookies(RequestFacade.java:664)
	com.ubnt.ace.OOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
	com.ubnt.ace.view.AuthFilter$_o.o00000(Unknown Source)
	com.ubnt.ace.view.AuthFilter$_o.new(Unknown Source)
	com.ubnt.ace.view.AuthFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
	org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.RuleChain.handleRewrite(RuleChain.java:176)
	org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.RuleChain.doRules(RuleChain.java:145)
	org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriter.processRequest(UrlRewriter.java:92)
	org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:389)
note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/7.0.77 logs.

Apache Tomcat/7.0.77

• 3 weeks later...
  • trurl locked this topic