[Support] Linuxserver.io - Unifi

10 hours ago, RevelRob said:

Ok thank you for that. Would you know about question 2?

Sorry, no, I have never done any customization to the controller through .json files.

If the data directory is empty, can you manually create the necessary sub folder structure and place the .json file where it is expected?

I see there's an update for this container.  This will be the first time I upgrade using this container.  Does this container retains all configurations and the UniFi controller will start without having to restore the configuration from backups?  I assumed since the properties file is kept on the appdata, the answer would be yes.  The last container I used, I would have to backup the configuration and restore it after every upgrades.

3 hours ago, mifronte said:

I see there's an update for this container.  This will be the first time I upgrade using this container.  Does this container retains all configurations and the UniFi controller will start without having to restore the configuration from backups?  I assumed since the properties file is kept on the appdata, the answer would be yes.  The last container I used, I would have to backup the configuration and restore it after every upgrades.

Yes, it will be fine.  We upgrade our containers every week to get upstream package updates and security fixes, regardless if the app itself has been updated.  Been running this container since we released it without any issues.

Hi guys.  I spent a long time last night getting this docker set up to control an AC-AP Pro.  In the end, I got it to work and can access the interface over the cloud.  Great.

That said, the only thing that allowed me to successfully adopt the AP was to reconfigure the container to be a host connection, not a bridge.  That said, after it successfully adopted the AP, I got a STUN error, and reconfigured the docker container to go back to bridge and everything works fine now.  I'm sure I went about this the wrong way, but could someone explain why the controller would not adopt the AP when in bridge mode?  Was there something else I should have done?  Thanks.

4 hours ago, statecowboy said:

Hi guys.  I spent a long time last night getting this docker set up to control an AC-AP Pro.  In the end, I got it to work and can access the interface over the cloud.  Great.

That said, the only thing that allowed me to successfully adopt the AP was to reconfigure the container to be a host connection, not a bridge.  That said, after it successfully adopted the AP, I got a STUN error, and reconfigured the docker container to go back to bridge and everything works fine now.  I'm sure I went about this the wrong way, but could someone explain why the controller would not adopt the AP when in bridge mode?  Was there something else I should have done?  Thanks.

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/42110-support-linuxserverio-unifi/?do=findComment&comment=416408

6 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Thanks CHBMB!  Definitely bookmarking that for later use.

Also, I don't want to sound ungrateful for the great info in these forums, but just a suggestion.  I think having sub-forums for each of these dockers would be helpful instead of one long support thread.  I'm sure whoever makes that decision has valid reasons to keep it the way it is, but I think there's value to doing it that way.

1 minute ago, statecowboy said:

Thanks CHBMB!  Definitely bookmarking that for later use.

Also, I don't want to sound ungrateful for the great info in these forums, but just a suggestion.  I think having sub-forums for each of these dockers would be helpful instead of one long support thread.  I'm sure whoever makes that decision has valid reasons to keep it the way it is, but I think there's value to doing it that way.

Jesus, that would be a lot of work and not sure limetech would want us to take over their forums like that.  If you're up for taking on that project, we can always do with some help..... ;)

23 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Jesus, that would be a lot of work and not sure limetech would want us to take over their forums like that.  If you're up for taking on that project, we can always do with some help..... ;)

I think it is fine the way it is, except I hate where there is support for multiple dockers that have nothing to do with each other in one thread.

5 hours ago, statecowboy said:

...  That said, after it successfully adopted the AP, I got a STUN error, and reconfigured the docker container to go back to bridge and everything works fine now. ...

I have it in bridge mode but I also had to forward UDP on  port 3478 to deal with the STUN error.  But that may now be fixed in the docker template.  That said - when I upgraded to 6.4.1 on Saturday and update the firmware on my UAPs I noticed some STUN errors but they seemed to go away on their own.

I may try switching to br0 mode and giving it its own IP address as that may negate the need to worry about ports as much.  And then you will have fewer worries about port conflicts. 

22 minutes ago, wayner said:

I think it is fine the way it is, except I hate where there is support for multiple dockers that have nothing to do with each other in one thread.

That's not something we do.  Personally I agree, it doesn't take long to skim read through a thread when you have an issue, even if it is 20 pages.

11 hours ago, statecowboy said:

That said, the only thing that allowed me to successfully adopt the AP was to reconfigure the container to be a host connection, not a bridge.

That's the only way mine has ever worked.  I have never been able to put it in bridge mode and get it to work/see the APs.  As a result, 'Fix Common Problems' complains all the time.  

Just incase people are having trouble in bridge mode...

For me it was because the default inform URL was set to http://unfi:8080/inform. This doesn't seem to work in bridge mode.

I had to do the following:

ssh to the AP/switch/router/whatever.

Type the following. Anything in bolt you type in terminal:

set-inform http://IP-OF-CONTROLLER:8080/inform

(at this point it should come online in your controller. Careful it won't stay)

vi ~/cfg/mgmt

(At this point you are editing the config the thing uses when it reboots it will use.)

(Next go to any line that starts with "mgmt.servers" but has anything other than your server IP then hit "dd" to delete the line. Then type ":wq" this will save the file to the temporary file system. Then:)

save

This will save the config to flash so it uses it upon reboot.

You can now quit putty or whatever you're using to SSH.

You need to do this for every unifi device. This should fix your problem permanently. One thing to watch out for is make sure 8080 is the exterior port. If you mapped it to another exterior port you will need to use that.

Hopefully helpful.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, wgstarks said:

I've been running the unifi controller on a mac on my LAN. I'd like to switch to this docker instead. I know I can export my current network to a unf file. Want to be sure I can run the wizard in the docker and import the unf file so I don't have to re-configure my AP's and such?

yes this is what I did

7 hours ago, H2O_King89 said:

yes this is what I did

Will this still be necessary (quoted from dockerhub page)-

To adopt a Unifi Access Point, and get it to show up in the software, take these steps:

ssh ubnt@$AP-IP mca-cli set-inform http://$address:8080/inform

Use ubnt as the password to login and $address is the IP address of the host you are running this container on and $AP-IP is the Access Point IP address.

Migrated my unifi install to this docker. I'm able to import from my previous backup but can't login to the webui with my previous user/password. Just keep getting invalid user name or password errors. I checked my credentials on my previous install and they work fine. Not sure what happened?

Docker run command-

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='unifi' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '3478:3478/udp' -p '10001:10001/udp' -p '8080:8080/tcp' -p '8081:8081/tcp' -p '8443:8443/tcp' -p '8843:8843/tcp' -p '8880:8880/tcp' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/unifi':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/unifi'

42e22f07834beef312897678188799638b0d68e8df084f7b27f5d4d410402184

The command finished successfully!

Edited by wgstarks
On 2/25/2018 at 2:05 PM, wgstarks said:

Migrated my unifi install to this docker. I'm able to import from my previous backup but can't login to the webui with my previous user/password. Just keep getting invalid user name or password errors. I checked my credentials on my previous install and they work fine. Not sure what happened?

Got it working following these instructions. No need to run the set-inform command. Looks like the process has been automated in recent Unifi releases. Just had to enter an IP for my unraid server and the controller I was migrating from took care of the rest. Piece of cake. I did have to re-enter a few settings in the controller section though (smtp server).

Ok I can't band my head against the wall anymore...Looking for some help. So I forgot the password that I used to for the web admin. I also didn't setup an SMTP server....sigh...yeah I know I know...So I found out I can just overwrite the database file. https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Wireless/Controller-not-letting-me-change-admin-password/m-p/1560546/highlight/true#M160088   

However, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get the mongo commands to work since Unifi is in a docker.... Anyone do this before or have an idea?

24 minutes ago, tacobelldog52 said:

However, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get the mongo commands to work since Unifi is in a docker.... Anyone do this before or have an idea?

Are you using docker exec?

docker exec -it <nameofdocker> <command>

• 2 weeks later...

So UniFi 5.7.20 stable had been released on Thursday, but the usual docker container update on Friday was still stuck on 5.6.30.

When can we expect an update to the container.  There are a lot of goodies in 5.7.x including IPv6 beta support, SNMPv3, IPS beta, and per client historical statistics.

Edited by jedimstr
17 minutes ago, jedimstr said:

So UniFi 5.7.20 stable had been released on Thursday, but the usual docker container update on Friday was still stuck on 5.6.30.

When can we expect an update to the container.  There are a lot of goodies in 5.7.x including IPv6 beta support, SNMPv3, IPS beta, and per client historical statistics.

Looks to me that 5.6.30 is still the latest stable release.

https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000441548-UniFi-Current-Controller-Versions

47 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Looks to me that 5.6.30 is still the latest stable release.

https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000441548-UniFi-Current-Controller-Versions

They just haven't updated that page yet... 

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Updates-Blog/UniFi-5-7-20-Stable-has-been-released/ba-p/2271529

The Support page was last updated Monday this past week when 5.7.20 became a release candidate.

The Community page was updated on Thursday when the 5.7.20 graduated to full stable release.

Someone didn't get the support/helpdesk guys to update their FAQ page yet. 

I don't think we should wait for the support faq before updating the docker image to get the actual latest stable release.  Especially since there was a docker container update after the stable release went out, but without that release.

Edited by jedimstr
39 minutes ago, jedimstr said:

I don't think we should wait for the support faq before updating the docker image to get the actual latest stable release.  Especially since there was a docker container update after the stable release went out, but without that release.

I notice the ubnt downloads page also hasn’t been updated.

This is really just a guess on my part, but typically LSIO dockers pull the latest stable version of the associated app from the app’s site, so as soon as UBNT updates their site the latest stable will be pulled by the docker. Perhaps someone from LSIO can confirm this?

• trurl locked this topic