[Support] Linuxserver.io - Unifi

I tried deleting the old controller docker and reinstalling and I can't get to the web UI at all even with a fresh install.  

EDIT - Not sure how but my initial install must have just been messed up.  Removing the docker, deleting the folder, and reinstalling did the trick...

Edited by statecowboy
On 8/2/2018 at 2:54 PM, tucansam said:

My three APs randomly go into "adopting" mode all the time.  One at a time, or two at a time.  Resetting (software sometimes, hardware always) them usually brings them back to "Connected," until the next day, when one randomly drops to "adopting" again.  Traffic still passes.... The devices are still on the network serving clients.  The controller just can't talk to them anymore.  

Advice?

ETA 

I think I fixed STUN issues last time by putting unfi in host mode.  Then, Fix Common Problem has a heart attack and spits out red errors.

I have the same issue with APs going into adoption mode for  unknown reasons.  I don't have any problems with STUN, the port is assigned to 3478. 

The adopting problems go away when I boot into host mode as well.

Is there a problem staying in host mode?

37 minutes ago, CorneliousJD said:

I'd really like to get this working without having it in host or br0 mode. Could someone let me know what I'm missing?

If I don't have it in br0 with it's own IP address everythign goes into a endless re-adoption cycle all the time.

Thanks in advance!imageproxy.php?img=&key=00b562fcac28e727imageproxy.php?img=&key=00b562fcac28e727

2018-08-08 21_19_48-Window.png

Asked and answered. You haven't added the UDP mapping that @wgstarks told you to add.

26 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Asked and answered. You haven't added the UDP mapping that @wgstarks told you to add.

Actually... I do have this, idk why it's not showing in the list when it's in br0 mode, but when I go in to edit the container this is what's listed.

Yet when I swap over to bridge mode again it goes back to re-adopting over and over.

2018-08-08 22_25_29-Window.png

11 hours ago, CorneliousJD said:

Actually... I do have this, idk why it's not showing in the list when it's in br0 mode, but when I go in to edit the container this is what's listed.

Yet when I swap over to bridge mode again it goes back to re-adopting over and over.

Below are my UniFi controller settings.  It is in Bridge mode and functioning without issue.

Once, I had to put it back into Host mode and re-adopt after a controller IP address change, since the devices all had an incorrect inform IP address. I made sure to SSH in and set the inform server address on each device,  just to make sure, and I have had no issues for several months since doing that. 

I wish I could tell you what your issue is and how to fix it, but, I don't have the same problem.  The only difference I notice is I have no 10001 port mapping.

image.thumb.png.fdfb9b2f54ab39d5c9af59be0a4ad201.png

Edited by Hoopster
On 8/2/2018 at 12:40 AM, saarg said:

Did you add the port for STUN in the container template? 

Yes.

Only thing that works is running it in Host Mode.  Which used to make Fix Common Problems complain loudly.  But now its not.  So something else has changed.  Weird.

Hello,

A couple weeks ago I started having issues accessing the WebUI for this docker container (linuxserver/unifi:latest). When I look at the logs, I get an Input / Output Error:

Capture.PNG.59607dd941831e2eda2851016dd7f05b.PNG

From Chrome, it just seems to be stuck on https://IP:8443 (with the tab showing "Loading..." and the status bar showing "waiting for IP").

Here's what I've tried:

- I've removed the docker container / images & re-added

- bashed in to the container but I can't rename or replace the file from a backup

- All other containers are powered down

I appreciate any guidance.

Thanks,

Rob

Edited by rayray14
8 hours ago, Kaizac said:

I would also advise putting this docker on it's own IP. When I was running it on the Unraid IP my devices were not able to find the controller. WIth it's own IP it was immediately fixed.

<Shrug> Works for me as is out of the box.

The only requirement was to follow the directions and use the set inform command to tell the devices what IP to sync with.

35 minutes ago, CHBMB said:
2 hours ago, jonathanm said:

<Shrug> Works for me as is out of the box.

The only requirement was to follow the directions and use the set inform command to tell the devices what IP to sync with.

Same here.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

So I did some more testing today and sure enough found myself in the adopting/disconnected loop again.

For me the key to fixing this was under the controller section. I unticked the box to be discoverable on L2 (worried it may have been pushing out the internal docker IP and not the unraid IP) and then did the tick on the box for overriding hostname/IP and set the IP to 10.0.0.10 which is my unRAID box IP. 

After this and allowing devices to re-adopt everything is working in bridge.

Hopefully this post helps someone else.

FWIW - I also have the LAN network UniFi DHCP option set to 10.0.0.10 too, although I'm not sure that matters, and would only even affect those with USGs.

image.png.2c3658524342e352615096c19a2af91b.png

Edited by CorneliousJD
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, cpsmith516 said:

I've gone through this thread page by page and can't find the answer so I'm hoping someone will reply with how exactly I can switch to the unstable branch?

Why? I'd really like to have the GeoIP blocking in the firewall which is part of the 5.7.x and up releases.

As mentioned on page 25 ?

3 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Or in the readme....

Some users are not sure how to equate the instructions in the readme (assuming they actually read it ?) to a modification in the template.  That's why I spelled out the modification to the repository name (linuxserver/unifi:unstable). I think they are focused on a change to a path or variable or think it means a manual modification to the "run" command and can't figure out how to do it in the docker template.

From the readme:

Add one of the tags, if required, to the linuxserver/unifi line of the run/create command in the following format, linuxserver/unifi:unstable

3 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Read the readme

Thanks, I did I try looking for one, but there is not one mentioned in the initial post of this thread, just a comment asking folks to ask questions here.

Maybe my question should of been 'Where is the readme?' as i did see in mentioned quite often...

1 minute ago, nox_uk said:

Thanks, I did I try looking for one, but there is not one mentioned in the initial post of this thread, just a comment asking folks to ask questions here.

Maybe my question should of been 'Where is the readme?' as i did see in mentioned quite often...

All the links are in the first post in the thread.

• trurl locked this topic