[Support] Linuxserver.io - Unifi

7 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

All the links are in the first post in the thread.

Except any that are for a readme. Maybe you want to check the first post? 

Which returns me to my second question of: Where is the readme?

Please prove me wrong, as I would like to restore my backup file, although at this rate I could of downgraded my controller software faster...

Edited by nox_uk
Just now, nox_uk said:

Except any that are for a readme. Maybe you want to check the first post? 

Which returns me to my second question of: Where is the readme?

Please prove me wrong, as I would like to restore my backup file, although at this rate I could of downgraded my controller software faster...

In the first post of this thread are links to both docker hub and github both of which have the readme on the page?  Unless the interwebs is broken for you.....

7 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

In the first post of this thread are links to both docker hub and github both of which have the readme on the page?  Unless the interwebs is broken for you.....

Ah so hiding in a link of a link, rather than actually linked on the first page. Thanks. I'm not overly familiar with GitHub/dockers if i'm honest, unraid is my first foray into that world.

One :unstable branch docker later & still won't let me load my config file, which was only to try to circumvent it not finding my device when scanning.  Might be easier to leave it in it's own debian vm at this rate. ho hum.

Do you mean actually read something that means work buddy I don't want no work lol

Started a VPS and I am using it to test the Dockers so I can Re-deploy my own unraid Dockers with the subdomain proxy and I must say you guys have done a great job it's easy just have to read the readme

I went ahead and test it unstable and while it does install 5. 8 it does not install the latest 5. 8 you can download the zip file so I'm assuming that you just run the install from the container bash is that correct?

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Yeah that's pretty much what I figured :(  

I have 5.8.28 installed, the latest downloadable from ubqt is 5.8.24, so i think i've just hit really bad timing with even the unstable not being up to date enough. Will revisit at the weekend when it may be up to date/i have more time to get my head round this/have a poke around.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2018 at 9:33 PM, CorneliousJD said:

So I did some more testing today and sure enough found myself in the adopting/disconnected loop again.

For me the key to fixing this was under the controller section. I unticked the box to be discoverable on L2 (worried it may have been pushing out the internal docker IP and not the unraid IP) and then did the tick on the box for overriding hostname/IP and set the IP to 10.0.0.10 which is my unRAID box IP. 

After this and allowing devices to re-adopt everything is working in bridge.

Hopefully this post helps someone else.

FWIW - I also have the LAN network UniFi DHCP option set to 10.0.0.10 too, although I'm not sure that matters, and would only even affect those with USGs.

image.png.2c3658524342e352615096c19a2af91b.png

Thanks! This fixed the adopting loop for me.

Are we suppose to use host mode or bridge mode?

My controller thinks the ip is the docker internal ip, which also results in the cloud controller connecting me to the wrong ip. it should either be some domain i specify or at least the correct local ip 192.168.1.x

edit: also for some reason the unifi controller is seeing TOWER (192.168.1.x) as some other internal docker ip (my dropbox in fact) at times :o

Edited by CyberMew

FYI - latest USG firmware (4.4.28) has this note in the release notes:

"Note: Those on 5.8.x or 5.9.x controller versions should upgrade to 5.8.29, 5.9.26, or newer if available at the time you're reading this, before upgrading. This will ensure you're not impacted by bugs which could cause a problem on next provision of devices (which will happen on USG post-upgrade). "

Anyone on the unstable branch would need controller version 5.8.29 before upgrading the USG firmware.  Current version in the docker is 5.8.28.

Even though the 5.8.30 controller has supposedly been released as stable, the software download page is still showing 5.8.28 as the publicly-available version. 

Anyone on the unstable branch of this docker should wait until UBNT updates the controller on the download page to at least 5.28.29 (so LSIO can do the same in this docker) before upgrading USG firmware.

I am subscribed to the Ubiquiti development program and have USG version 4.4.28 running for nearly 2 weeks. I double-checked the instructions given at the time, but nothing was mentioned about a controller version or specific implications. Perhaps this was discovered later?

I do run the "unstable" Unifi version 5.8.28 and so far haven't noticed any bugs, i.e. the USG does its job without issues, but I will certainly upgrade when 5.8.29 becomes available.

On 9/12/2018 at 10:37 AM, bonienl said:

I am subscribed to the Ubiquiti development program and have USG version 4.4.28 running for nearly 2 weeks. I double-checked the instructions given at the time, but nothing was mentioned about a controller version or specific implications. Perhaps this was discovered later? 

I do run the "unstable" Unifi version 5.8.28 and so far haven't noticed any bugs, i.e. the USG does its job without issues, but I will certainly upgrade when 5.8.29 becomes available.

As of a week ago, I am also running the "unstable" version of the controller.  I think you are correct in stating that the note I referenced is a recent addition.  I don't recall seeing it in the initial 4.4.28 firmware release notes, but, I did see it today. It must have been added recently due to the discovery of bugs.

Before upgrading Ubiquiti firmware I usually go to the forums to see what issues others are having so I can decide if I want to proceed.  There are several reports of provisioning problems for some users.

I have upgraded my access points and switches to the latest firmware, but, my USG is still on 4.4.22.  The most interesting "upgrade" in the 4.4.28 firmware is the significant increase in speed when IPS/IDS is enabled.  It, apparently, goes from 85 Mbps to ~115-120 Mbps.  Enabling this does disable hardware offload. 

Since I am not using IPS/IPS now, I think I will wait until the controller is updated simply to avoid potential issues. I am planning on adding a UAP-AC-IW in my family room. I don't want any potential provisioning issues.

UPDATE:  As of 14-Sept, LSIO UniFi controller is now version 5.8.30 on the "unstable" branch.  I have updated both the controller and USG firmware with no problems so far.

Edited by Hoopster

Have I done something stupid?

I was running 5.8.30 fine. UnRAID did it's usual weekly update earlier today and now I get the following error on running the controller:

"We do not support upgrading from 5.8.30."

Any ideas?

UPDATE: RESOLVED. Repository had reverted to stable branch. Re-added "unstable" and all is well. 

Edited by page3

I have created a script to import my LE certificate to Unifi container (Works in my unifi vm).

But I am getting this error

Importing keystore /config/data/unifi.p12 to /config/data/keystore...
keytool error: java.io.IOException: DerInputStream.getLength(): lengthTag=109, too big.

I am assuming the reason behind the error is that I am trying to import my wildcard certificate, where on my unifi vm I only imported the unifi.domain.tld

Anyway to get around this?

1 hour ago, ZataH said:

I have created a script to import my LE certificate to Unifi container (Works in my unifi vm).

But I am getting this error

Importing keystore /config/data/unifi.p12 to /config/data/keystore...
keytool error: java.io.IOException: DerInputStream.getLength(): lengthTag=109, too big.

I am assuming the reason behind the error is that I am trying to import my wildcard certificate, where on my unifi vm I only imported the unifi.domain.tld

Anyway to get around this?

Why not just use LetsEncrypt/Nginx to reverse proxy the Unifi webui?  Seems a more logical way of doing things to me.

13 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Why not just use LetsEncrypt/Nginx to reverse proxy the Unifi webui?  Seems a more logical way of doing things to me.

Yeah I could do that. I would just like to keep my Unifi separate from everything else. Had some bad experience with UNMS in the past when I ran that through reverse. 

@CHBMB - Ubiquiti has stated that 5.9 is now "stable", or what you're calling "unstable", as of 5.9.29 released today.  Will that be reflected in their repo and picked up automatically by your next(or next next) weekly unstable build, or do you need to modify the job to look for 5.9.x for "unstable"?

Here's the comment from UBNT-MikeD:

Yes, 5.9 replaces 5.8 as the stable branch, although it'll be a blog only release for the first few days.

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Routing-Switching/UniFi-SDN-Controller-5-9-29-Stable-has-been-released/m-p/2517007/highlight/true#M110752

Sorry I know you hate these questions about new versions, hope i provided the pertinent information.

Edited by Dephcon
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Dephcon said:

@CHBMB - Ubiquiti has stated that 5.9 is now "stable", or what you're calling "unstable", as of 5.9.29 released today.  Will that be reflected in their repo and picked up automatically by your next(or next next) weekly unstable build, or do you need to modify the job to look for 5.9.x for "unstable"?

Here's the comment from UBNT-MikeD:

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Routing-Switching/UniFi-SDN-Controller-5-9-29-Stable-has-been-released/m-p/2517007/highlight/true#M110752

Sorry I know you hate these questions about new versions, hope i provided the pertinent information.

Depends when they update their repositories.

LSIO has stated many times that once a controller release shows up on the public download page, it will be included in their docker.  Version 5.9.29 is now showing on the public download page as the "stable" release, but, the earliest it could have been posted publicly is Oct 4 (Thursday) which, due to time differences, may have been too late to get it in the LSIO docker update last Friday. 

Perhaps it will appear in this week's build as 5.9.29 is now publicly available and not just a blog release.

It is generally a good idea to let any new Ubiquiti software or firmware release sit for a few days/weeks and monitor the UBNT forums for any potential problems before deciding whether or not to update.  I still have not updated to latest switch/AP firmware due to many reported issues with switch fan control, which, so far, Ubiquiti has not even acknowledged.

In reading the forums, I see lots of reported issues with the 5.9.29 controller, so, YMMV, caveat emptor and all the other usual warnings apply.  😀

I have learned that, with Ubiquiti, "stable" is very loosely defined.

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, RevelRob said:

Hi, I'm trying to use lsio LetsEncrypt in bridge mode to reverse proxy my lsio UniFi controller which I've assigned it's own IP.
Is there still an issue with docker where containers can't talk to each other this way?

Thanks!

Correct, you can't have something in bridge mode talk to one with it's own IP address - they both need to be bridge/host or both need to be on their own IPs. 

Is there a reason your UniFi controller has it's own IP? I was having issues with re-adopting all the time but I was able to fix it - my post should be somewhere above. I had it on it's own IP until I fixed it and was able to setup exactly what you're trying to do shortly after :) 

• trurl locked this topic