[Support] Linuxserver.io - Unifi

3 minutes ago, CorneliousJD said:

Correct, you can't have something in bridge mode talk to one with it's own IP address - they both need to be bridge/host or both need to be on their own IPs. 

Is there a reason your UniFi controller has it's own IP? I was having issues with re-adopting all the time but I was able to fix it - my post should be somewhere above. I had it on it's own IP until I fixed it and was able to setup exactly what you're trying to do shortly after :) 

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm not sure why I assigned it it's own IP as it was awhile ago when i set it up. Probably watched/read a tutorial and they were all based on the cloud key which has it's own ip, so I figured, why not?
I also never have any issues with it set up this way. not sure why.

How did you end up setting it up if you don't mind me asking?

7 minutes ago, RevelRob said:

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm not sure why I assigned it it's own IP as it was awhile ago when i set it up. Probably watched/read a tutorial and they were all based on the cloud key which has it's own ip, so I figured, why not?
I also never have any issues with it set up this way. not sure why.

How did you end up setting it up if you don't mind me asking?

No problem! I just have mine in bridge mode, along with my LetsEncrypt container too, and this post is how I eventually fixed my re-adopting issue where it would just adopt over and over again. 

PS here are my settings for the container - should be standard though, nothing really out of the norm.

image.thumb.png.d8299ca31ff09c249926faa7563352b2.png 

19 minutes ago, CorneliousJD said:

No problem! I just have mine in bridge mode, along with my LetsEncrypt container too, and this post is how I eventually fixed my re-adopting issue where it would just adopt over and over again. 

PS here are my settings for the container - should be standard though, nothing really out of the norm.

image.thumb.png.d8299ca31ff09c249926faa7563352b2.png 

Thanks for the help. So i pulled a new container, stopped the old container, modified the name, appdata location, put in bridge mode and restored it from a backup. I then made sure that "inform" was ticked, "L2" was un-ticked and my unraid machine IP was in the "Controller/Hostname IP". All of the ports you have, I have too; but I had to change some of the host ports as they are in use by other containers.

I'm going through the adoption loop :( .

I assume it's because the devices are already adopted to the other controller?

I want to forget the devices and try to connect them to the new controller but the fear of losing them and going nuts trying to get them back is killing me.

25 minutes ago, RevelRob said:

Thanks for the help. So i pulled a new container, stopped the old container, modified the name, appdata location, put in bridge mode and restored it from a backup. I then made sure that "inform" was ticked, "L2" was un-ticked and my unraid machine IP was in the "Controller/Hostname IP". All of the ports you have, I have too; but I had to change some of the host ports as they are in use by other containers.

I'm going through the adoption loop :( .

I assume it's because the devices are already adopted to the other controller?

I want to forget the devices and try to connect them to the new controller but the fear of losing them and going nuts trying to get them back is killing me.

So I figured it out. Since my ports are different, I had to do it through the command line:

ssh ubnt@$AP-IP
mca-cli
set-inform http://$address:8080/inform
Use ubnt as the password to login and $address is the IP address of the host you are running this container on and $AP-IP is the Access Point IP address.

i changed 8080 to 5080 (what I set it as), and was good to go.

Thanks for the help!

On 11/2/2018 at 6:04 PM, RevelRob said:

So I figured it out. Since my ports are different, I had to do it through the command line:

ssh ubnt@$AP-IP
mca-cli
set-inform http://$address:8080/inform
Use ubnt as the password to login and $address is the IP address of the host you are running this container on and $AP-IP is the Access Point IP address.

i changed 8080 to 5080 (what I set it as), and was good to go.

Thanks for the help!

So I ended up changing all of the controller ports to the default ones and changing the other container ports that were conflicting instead as every morning after an appdata backup, the devices went into the adoption loop and I had to set-inform again.

It has been working well ever since; however, I had to take down my server for some hardware maintenance and when it was down, all of my devices lost network connection. I assume that it's because I put my unraid ip in "Networks -> DHCP UniFi Controller" and "Controller -> Controller Hostname/IP", ticked "Override inform host with controller hostname/IP" and un-ticked "Make controller discoverable on L2 network".
With these settings, all of my devices obviously think that the unraid IP is the router. So, when unraid is down, no internet. 
Is this normal? Is there a way to have the USG be the router if the controller/unraid is down?

Thanks for the help.

First thanks for the excellent Docker!

I have a few questions I have it all setup and running well then, a few days ago the docker reported that an update was ready, so I told it to update and then when I tried to access the Web UI is says we do not support upgrading from version 5.9.29?

As you can tell I am running what is considered the unstable version so why is it telling me there an update?

If I edit it and add this back to the Docker it re-installs the 5.9.29 and all is well except it still says an update is available?

One last question I am adding this line to the Docker under the Repository line linuxserver/unifi:unstable it seems to me that it is ignoring the unstable tag am I putting it in the wrong location?

Hi,

i have just updated the docket to the latest unstable version, I am now faced with a constant message of “unifi controller is starting up...”

”please wait”

any ideas?

Can i roll back to the previous version of "unstable" that has worked?

Edited by matto2494
On 9/22/2018 at 4:11 AM, page3 said:

Have I done something stupid?

I was running 5.8.30 fine. UnRAID did it's usual weekly update earlier today and now I get the following error on running the controller:

"We do not support upgrading from 5.8.30."

Any ideas?

UPDATE: RESOLVED. Repository had reverted to stable branch. Re-added "unstable" and all is well. 

As of right now, I'm running the LS.IO's 5.8.30 Unifi docker. It tells me there is an update ready. If I allow it to update the docker and then go to the WebUI, I get the same message you quoted about the database not supporting an upgrade from 5.8.30. To fix this, I edit the docker repository back to "linuxserver/unifi:unstable" because ":unstable" disappears on its own. After applying, the WebUI opens as desired and I'm still on 5.8.30. It also goes back to telling me an update is ready. Also, if I edit the docker, ":unstable" is again gone. It doesn't seem to stay on Unstable whenever I add it and apply changes. So now I'm sitting here with 5.8.30 and unRAID telling me an update is ready... and if I allow it to update, I get your quoted message and the cycle continues. Does anyone know how I can get past this?

8 hours ago, unTER said:

As of right now, I'm running the LS.IO's 5.8.30 Unifi docker. It tells me there is an update ready. If I allow it to update the docker and then go to the WebUI, I get the same message you quoted about the database not supporting an upgrade from 5.8.30. To fix this, I edit the docker repository back to "linuxserver/unifi:unstable" because ":unstable" disappears on its own. After applying, the WebUI opens as desired and I'm still on 5.8.30. It also goes back to telling me an update is ready. Also, if I edit the docker, ":unstable" is again gone. It doesn't seem to stay on Unstable whenever I add it and apply changes. So now I'm sitting here with 5.8.30 and unRAID telling me an update is ready... and if I allow it to update, I get your quoted message and the cycle continues. Does anyone know how I can get past this?

Same problem I am having I reported it on the 9th and have not heard anything. Thanks for confirming I was not the only one with the problem for now I am just ignoring the update ready.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, dolivas27 said:

Same problem I am having I reported it on the 9th and have not heard anything. Thanks for confirming I was not the only one with the problem for now I am just ignoring the update ready.

The tag disappearing is not an issue with the container.  That is either a user error or bug in unraid. 

The unstable tag is now 5.9.29. 

Please post your docker run command if you want help and be sure to check for error messages after you hit apply. 

10 hours ago, Squid said:

on the flash drive config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user are there two unify xml files (One with a (1) at the end of it)?

Yes mine had the extra unify xml file so I compared the two and the one with the (1) was the correct xml so I removed the other one and renamed the xm1 (1) to just xml and restarted the docker and all it perfect now. It also fixed the problem with the network changing from proxynet to bridge.

Thank you for leading me in the right direction to fix the problem I also found and problem with my plex docker having the same problem..... 👍

• Like 1

For some reason, I appear to be unable to access the WebGUI on this now. It complains about a certificate and then when I click to go to the site anyway it spends ages loading before timing out. It works If I reinstall the Docker from scratch but then I lose all my settings.

*EDIT* Never mind, fixed it by copying a backup from my AppData folder and then deleting my appdata folder, restarting and restoring the backup.

Edited by NeoDude
On 11/21/2018 at 11:56 AM, Squid said:

on the flash drive config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user are there two unify xml files (One with a (1) at the end of it)?

On 11/21/2018 at 11:02 PM, dolivas27 said:

Yes mine had the extra unify xml file so I compared the two and the one with the (1) was the correct xml so I removed the other one and renamed the xm1 (1) to just xml and restarted the docker and all it perfect now. It also fixed the problem with the network changing from proxynet to bridge.

Thank you for leading me in the right direction to fix the problem I also found and problem with my plex docker having the same problem..... 👍

This was exactly my issue and fix too. I renamed the version with "(1)" in the filename, updated the docker container, and now it is running the latest and working as expected.

12 hours ago, saarg said:

I don't see how ports have anything to do with wrong username/password. 

i know what the issue was, and your comment helped me even tho i thought cheeky sod when i first read it lol

I had tried this docker months ago, and even though i removed the docker and ticked to remove files it must have kept the config settings in the app folder.

So i read your comment and thought "cheeky sod", then thought about it... Looked in the appdata folder after i removed the docker img and see it was still there. So i deleted it, reinstalled and now all working.

Thanks saarg

4 hours ago, Greygoose said:

i know what the issue was, and your comment helped me even tho i thought cheeky sod when i first read it lol

I had tried this docker months ago, and even though i removed the docker and ticked to remove files it must have kept the config settings in the app folder.

So i read your comment and thought "cheeky sod", then thought about it... Looked in the appdata folder after i removed the docker img and see it was still there. So i deleted it, reinstalled and now all working.

Thanks saarg

lol . It was not meant to be cheaky. 

The choice you get when removing the container is only removing the images. It does not remove the appdata. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/26/2018 at 1:17 AM, scubieman said:

I have very high docker disk image utilitzation. I have 71% I show unifi using the most. How do I correct this? Increase size or move?image.png.6fd47befb3204d5f795da3421e23d497.png

I just installed this last week and have the same issue - Docker usage has grown significantly.

Did you find a solution to this? Should I just decrease the log retention, or is it something else?

• trurl locked this topic