Can my components in my pc become 2 Gaming rigs? (VIRTUALISATION)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jonp is definitely the unRAID KVM guru. He'll probably get you going. Good luck!

=D oke thanks again, for helping me out! I really appreciate that

Wow, well it looks like your network card isn't supported in unRAID.  It also looks like this is an add-on card, is that correct?

This must be a very new system as well (Sky Lake processor it looks like?).  I will have to ask Tom to add this device to the Linux Kernel for you.

jonp is definitely the unRAID KVM guru. He'll probably get you going. Good luck!

=D oke thanks again, for helping me out! I really appreciate that

Wow, well it looks like your network card isn't supported in unRAID.  It also looks like this is an add-on card, is that correct?

This must be a very new system as well (Sky Lake processor it looks like?).  I will have to ask Tom to add this device to the Linux Kernel for you.

If you have an alternate network card you can try using in the meantime, that would probably work fine.

No it is the onboard lan. strange hu? normaly onboard starts with 00 I thought.

And i was looking for my GPU passthrough, they are both in the same group, with 2 other devices.

If you have an alternate network card you can try using in the meantime, that would probably work fine.

No, i don't have one, only onboard on other pc's

No it is the onboard lan. strange hu? normaly onboard starts with 00 I thought.

And i was looking for my GPU passthrough, they are both in the same group, with 2 other devices.

Typically on-board devices start with 00, but sometimes they aren't actually part of the chipset, but rather, just a complete discrete device built into the motherboard separate from the CPU chipset itself.  Typically the CPU drives on-board components like the Ethernet controller, on-board graphics, storage, audio, etc., but sometimes you have a system like yours.  I've honestly never seen an onboard network controller presented that way though.  I've seen storage controllers (like the LSI one in our servers here) that do this, but yours is kind of odd.

The devices grouped with your GPU there are both your Ethernet and USB controllers, which means that you will need to enable the PCIe ACS Override to pass through that GPU.

Yes.  The risk is slightly less for you because its not grouped with your storage controller, but the USB controller and Ethernet controller are still devices that the host uses, so while I'm not worried about silent data corruption for you, system stability could be questionable if a problem were to occur, but as I've noted multiple times, I have yet to see anyone show a reproducible issue using this Override. So what is technically possible to occur and what is likely to occur are two very different things.

Oke Good to know

Typically on-board devices start with 00, but sometimes they aren't actually part of the chipset, but rather, just a complete discrete device built into the motherboard separate from the CPU chipset itself.  Typically the CPU drives on-board components like the Ethernet controller, on-board graphics, storage, audio, etc., but sometimes you have a system like yours.  I've honestly never seen an onboard network controller presented that way though.  I've seen storage controllers (like the LSI one in our servers here) that do this, but yours is kind of odd.

So you were saying my setup will be added? Or not?

but ifnot? I buy this:

https://www.alternate.be/Intel®/EXPI9301CT-Netwerkadapter/html/product/49027?tk=7&lk=6502

it will definately work? 100%

Depends on how quickly you need this.  We should have another release out very soon (next week or so) but I am not promising anything, so if you can't wait, that card you picked should work fine (just stay way from Realtek) but if you can wait, it won't be too long.

WOW, next week. no problem. I will wait then :D thank you so much for helping again! :D

Yes.  The risk is slightly less for you because its not grouped with your storage controller, but the USB controller and Ethernet controller are still devices that the host uses, so while I'm not worried about silent data corruption for you, system stability could be questionable if a problem were to occur, but as I've noted multiple times, I have yet to see anyone show a reproducible issue using this Override. So what is technically possible to occur and what is likely to occur are two very different things.

With "system stability", you mean that it could be possible that my internet connection goes away, or usb not recognized, or do you mean that it could just crash the system. or what do you mean with that?

I guess just a reboot will fix the problem then if it happens or worse?