[Solved] Why can't I access specific folders in my shares?

Hopefully a simple solution. I just upgraded my system to v6, and with it changed over my plugins from unplugged to PhAzE. I basically cleaned house and started over - resetting all plugins and only transferring settings from unRaid.

Now when I navigate to my SAB downloads folder via my win10 machine, I can still access \cache\applications\sabnzbd\config\Downloads\incomplete like I could before, but not \cache\applications\sabnzbd\config\Downloads\complete. I used to be able to access both before I upgraded and reinstalled everything. My computer is set up as user "cp", which has read and write access to just about every share - including the cache drive. I just want to know how I can find out what a files/folders permissions are and how to change them. As a temp workaround I'm using telnet to login and browse via Midnight Commander.

Any info on this subject would be appreciated. I'm kind of new to linux and how these plugins an OS work. I've learned mainly by research and trial and error. Let me know if you need any more info. I read the sticky about posting, and I don't feel like any logs would be useful in this instance. Let me know if I'm wrong.

Thanks! ;D

I think this is probably going to be something about SAB configuration. You might try searching PhAzE thread. See search tips in my sig.

From telnet what do you get with this?

ls -lah /mnt/cache/applications/sabnzbd/config/Downloads/incomplete

and

ls -lah /mnt/cache/applications/sabnzbd/config/Downloads/complete

Will do, I'll check his threads tomorrow, thanks.

This is what I got when I telnet:

pleteTheSource:/# ls -lah /mnt/cache/applications/sabnzbd/config/Downloads/incom
total 96K
drwxrwx--- 1139 nobody users  92K Nov  5 23:13 ./
drwxr-xr-x    4 nobody users  104 Oct 27 11:00 ../
drwxrwx---    3 nobody users 3.8K Nov  4 00:29 folder.name.here/
drwxrwx---    3 nobody users   80 Nov  3 06:25 folder.name.here/
etet@TheSource:/# ls -lah /mnt/cache/applications/sabnzbd/config/Downloads/compl
total 0
drwx------ 4 nobody users  96 Nov  3 01:14 ./
drwxr-xr-x 4 nobody users 104 Oct 27 11:00 ../
drwxrwxrwx 3 root   root  120 Nov  4 19:56 movies/
drwxrwxrwx 2 nobody users  48 Nov  4 00:00 tv/

What does that all mean?

Will do, I'll check his threads tomorrow, thanks.

This is what I got when I telnet:

pleteTheSource:/# ls -lah /mnt/cache/applications/sabnzbd/config/Downloads/incom
total 96K
drwxrwx--- 1139 nobody users  92K Nov  5 23:13 ./
drwxr-xr-x    4 nobody users  104 Oct 27 11:00 ../
drwxrwx---    3 nobody users 3.8K Nov  4 00:29 folder.name.here/
drwxrwx---    3 nobody users   80 Nov  3 06:25 folder.name.here/
etet@TheSource:/# ls -lah /mnt/cache/applications/sabnzbd/config/Downloads/compl
total 0
drwx------ 4 nobody users  96 Nov  3 01:14 ./
drwxr-xr-x 4 nobody users 104 Oct 27 11:00 ../
drwxrwxrwx 3 root   root  120 Nov  4 19:56 movies/
drwxrwxrwx 2 nobody users  48 Nov  4 00:00 tv/

What does that all mean?

That shows the Linux level users.  Shares that can be seen across the network would normally show up as nobody/users.    The movies folder above is owned by 'root' and would not be visible across the network.

The question is what application (I assume sabnzb) created the 'movies' folder.  That is what needs configuring correctly.

Awesome, this is really good info. I'm sure that was the issue. SAB is the program that created at least the complete folder, though I thought it created both. I didn't see a spot in SAB to specify folder permissions, just downloaded files. I ended up changing file ownership and group of movies from root root to nobody users so it was like the other folders. I then checked the permissions of the incomplete and complete folders, incomplete was readable and writable by both owner (nobody) and group (users), while complete was only accessible by owner (nobody). I then used chmod to change permissions to 770 (same as incomplete) and now I'm golden. Thanks for the help!

For anyone experiencing similar problems, this is what I did.

Before:

drwxr-xr-x    4 nobody users  104 Oct 27 11:00 ./
drwxrwxrwx    6 nobody users  216 Nov  7 23:10 ../
drwx------    4 nobody users   96 Nov  3 01:14 complete/
drwxrwx--- 1669 nobody users 136K Nov  7 23:28 incomplete/

I ran (in parent directory):

# chmod 770 complete

After:

drwxr-xr-x    4 nobody users  104 Oct 27 11:00 ./
drwxrwxrwx    6 nobody users  216 Nov  7 23:10 ../
drwxrwx---    4 nobody users   96 Nov  3 01:14 complete/
drwxrwx--- 1669 nobody users 136K Nov  7 23:28 incomplete/

Notice complete folder now has same permissions as incomplete. This solved my problem, I can now access both folders from my windows machine. For more info, including how I changed the ownership of folders in my complete folder, check out this web page. I found it very helpful.