[Support] Linuxserver.io - Beets

2 hours ago, showstopper said:

One last question - the folders in my output folder are being tagged with an underscore at the end. Can i change this?

sounds like you changed the defaults in the config.yaml file for paths:

paths:
    default: $albumartist/$album%aunique{}/$track - $title
    singleton: Non-Album/$artist - $title
    comp: Compilations/$album%aunique{}/$track - $title
    albumtype_soundtrack: Soundtracks/$album/$track $title

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

I wondered if anyone could help me with the following error that keeps recurring in my log please;

error: unknown command 'web'

beets is importing music fine and I tried reinstalling web via pip install web, but it still occurs.

Not changed my config for years and only noticed the errors recently.

Thanks

Edit: So I added web to my plugins and the error went away, but I am now open up web access which is not what I wanted. Seems things have changed and I need to re read beets docs.

Edited by local.bin
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Since many here have been using beets for years I wanted to ask what would you recommend Beets or Headphones?

I found that beets is superior that any other program, then I came across Headphones and I was told that headphones use beets, so that would mean that headphones is as good as beets?

The reason why I ask is because I want to install it in my synology NAS, the installation and set up of beets is not a 5 minute thing, and I wanted to hear it from users with experience using both, so that I can go straight to the recommended program.

Thank you 

• 2 weeks later...

i have this up and running, its seems to be doing its job, i hope i set it to set tag and rename tracks/albums in my /mnt/user/music directory, its letting me apply changes but it seems to be removing the tracks from thier folders but they are not being placed anywhere i can see...any idea what i am doing wrong ?

i did ....... beet import /music

Edited by loady
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bigsing said:

I'm attempting to install the PlexUpdate plugin, but it requires the requests package be installed via pip. I see that the pip packages installed are defined in the dockerfile, could this possibly be added to the dockerfile?

Could you open an issue on github for it, and we'll look at it? 

• 1 month later...

I summoned up the courage to do some tagging today for the first time in ages and I got this error - does the docker need updating soon?

/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylast/__init__.py:51: UserWarning: You are using pylast with Python 2. Pylast will soon be Python 3 only. More info: https://github.com/pylast/pylast/issues/265

On 8/13/2018 at 4:00 PM, DZMM said:

I summoned up the courage to do some tagging today for the first time in ages and I got this error - does the docker need updating soon?

/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pylast/__init__.py:51: UserWarning: You are using pylast with Python 2. Pylast will soon be Python 3 only. More info: https://github.com/pylast/pylast/issues/265

team is testing python3 version at the moment

the warning is harmless for now, but if all goes well with testing we will be moving over to python3 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure this is an easy fix but I'm not super proficient in linux.  I'm having a permissions issue I can't seem to figure out.  Any files I process with Beets I can't modify from my Windows machine.  I'm getting a "You need permission to perform this action" error.  I've tried changing the docker PUID and PGID to the values for nobody in the docker but that didn't work.  Any ideas?

On 9/2/2018 at 5:16 PM, ccruzen said:

I'm sure this is an easy fix but I'm not super proficient in linux.  I'm having a permissions issue I can't seem to figure out.  Any files I process with Beets I can't modify from my Windows machine.  I'm getting a "You need permission to perform this action" error.  I've tried changing the docker PUID and PGID to the values for nobody in the docker but that didn't work.  Any ideas?

I fixed this by using the permissions plugin in the config.yaml file. Insure the permissions plugin is listed in the plugins section at the top and include a permissions section further down in the file similar to the below.

permissions:
    file: 666
    dir: 777

• 4 weeks later...

Any chance beatport (and the associated requests & requests_oauthlib libraries) can be added to the plugins list?

Most of my music is electronic and discogs has a lot of matching errors.

root@server:~# docker exec -ti beets beet -vv import /downloads
user configuration: /config/config.yaml
data directory: /config
plugin paths: 
** error loading plugin beatport:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/beets/plugins.py", line 270, in load_plugins
    namespace = __import__(modname, None, None)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/beetsplug/beatport.py", line 25, in <module>
    from requests_oauthlib import OAuth1Session
ImportError: No module named requests_oauthlib

• Like 1

Hi,

I want add this to the config.yaml file:

match:
    strong_rec_thresh: 0.2

Doesn't work with Notepad++ or the CA Config File Editor, any suggestions?

Edit: I used the Tool New Permissions and it works now.

But I thought after that change it would automatically accept any matches above 80% and choose use as is for the other ones but obviously it doesn't work that way. xD How can I automate that?

Edited by Leuchtekulli
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2018 at 7:45 PM, enmesh-parisian-latest said:

Any chance beatport (and the associated requests & requests_oauthlib libraries) can be added to the plugins list?

Most of my music is electronic and discogs has a lot of matching errors.

root@server:~# docker exec -ti beets beet -vv import /downloads
user configuration: /config/config.yaml
data directory: /config
plugin paths: 
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/beets/plugins.py", line 270, in load_plugins
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/beetsplug/beatport.py", line 25, in <module>

Is there any way I can manually add a plugin to beets running in a container? I've tried installing nerdtools > installing php 7 > installing pip then running

pip install requests requests_oauthlib

as suggested in the documents: https://beets.readthedocs.io/en/v1.3.19/plugins/beatport.html

Unfortunately I get the following error:

root@server:/# docker exec -ti beets beet import /downloads

I've contacted one of the developers who suggested it may be due to a different Python installation. I'm stuck now
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/beets-users/NdKdgYzvokk

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am trying to change from the default naming in the PATH string and it only shows me (title) and wants to delete the existing filename which has "track name - artist".

What do I need to add to enable a filename that gives me "trackname-artistname?"

image.png.83bdaa4b1de1bfbfb1fcb124f8517222.png

image.png

Edited by GFRoSTY

Hi folks, I'm finally getting around to setting up beets and organizinga my music collection. I installed this container, set up my config file and added a local musicbrainz database mirror, and everything seemed to work fine at first. However, after the first few albums that were matched and moved I started getting this log in my terminal for every track being scanned (at least up until I exited): 

chroma: fingerprinting of '/downloads/[artist]/[album/[track].mp3' failed: audio could not be decoded

I'm not sure why beets is using Chromaprint rather than continuing to match to the Musicbrainz database. If it was just one album I would assume that it was because there was no match, however before I exited, beets had given me this same reply for at least 6 different albums worth of tracks - most of which weren't from particularly obscure albums or anything. 

I may just disable chroma for the time being, but I was wondering if you all had any idea why this might be happening? Are there additional dependencies (such as those specified in the Chromaprint/Acoustid Plugin documentation on the beets website) that aren't already installed in this container? Has anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks for the help!

2 hours ago, zandrsn said:

Hi folks, I'm finally getting around to setting up beets and organizinga my music collection. I installed this container, set up my config file and added a local musicbrainz database mirror, and everything seemed to work fine at first. However, after the first few albums that were matched and moved I started getting this log in my terminal for every track being scanned (at least up until I exited): 

chroma: fingerprinting of '/downloads/[artist]/[album/[track].mp3' failed: audio could not be decoded

I'm not sure why beets is using Chromaprint rather than continuing to match to the Musicbrainz database. If it was just one album I would assume that it was because there was no match, however before I exited, beets had given me this same reply for at least 6 different albums worth of tracks - most of which weren't from particularly obscure albums or anything. 

I may just disable chroma for the time being, but I was wondering if you all had any idea why this might be happening? Are there additional dependencies (such as those specified in the Chromaprint/Acoustid Plugin documentation on the beets website) that aren't already installed in this container? Has anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks for the help!

Hi zandrsn, while I can't provide a technical answer of why chroma isn't working, I disabled the plugin a while back after I discovered it was crashing my imports.

When I had it running it very rarely (basically never) provided any useful matching and I haven't missed it since. Chroma is only useful if there are no usable ID3 tags or path names to identify the music. My imports match the ID3 tags with discogs and musicbrainz and while they sometimes require some manual input, I can match 99% of albums using just these two sources.

Hey everyone, I have another question about adding a community plugin to beets, specifically beets-alternative. This plugin can allow you to keep more than one version of an album in your library, which is useful if, for example, you like to keep both lossy and lossless versions.

In order to install the plugin install it with pip using this command:

pip install git+git://github.com/geigerzaehler/beets-alternatives.git@master

Is it possible to install this within this beets container by first opening the container's bash and then running that command? E.g.:

docker exec -it beets bash

or simply:

docker exec -u abc -it beets /bin/bash -c 'pip install git+git://github.com/geigerzaehler/beets-alternatives.git@master'

thanks!

Edited by zandrsn
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2018 at 4:05 AM, zandrsn said:

Hey everyone, I have another question about adding a community plugin to beets, specifically beets-alternative. This plugin can allow you to keep more than one version of an album in your library, which is useful if, for example, you like to keep both lossy and lossless versions.

In order to install the plugin install it with pip using this command:

Is it possible to install this within this beets container by first opening the container's bash and then running that command? E.g.:

docker exec -it beets bash

or simply:

docker exec -u abc -it beets /bin/bash -c 'pip install git+git://github.com/geigerzaehler/beets-alternatives.git@master'

thanks!

I'd also love to know how to do this, there are several plugins I'd like to add