[Support] Linuxserver.io - Beets

• 5 weeks later...

Quick question here I hope.  I have successfully installed Beets today and have processed a number of albums that have decent enough tags already on them.  It appears though that the fingerprinting is failing and I'm wondering what either I or the container are missing.  The error I'm receiving is:

chroma: fingerprinting of <filename> failed: fpcalc not found

I'm not sure if I need to install another plugin in unRaid, or if there is a configuration step I'm missing.

Thanks,

Nelson

Quick question here I hope.  I have successfully installed Beets today and have processed a number of albums that have decent enough tags already on them.  It appears though that the fingerprinting is failing and I'm wondering what either I or the container are missing.  The error I'm receiving is:

I'm not sure if I need to install another plugin in unRaid, or if there is a configuration step I'm missing.

Thanks,

Nelson

Looking into this.  Might be worth making sure fingerprinting isn't enabled for the time being.

Thanks,

Nelson

Pushed an update to beets that "should" resolve this.

• 1 month later...

Hello forum..  what a great tool this is!!  But I do have a question?  Out of the TON of audio files I had stored, I did have a substantial amount of Albums that were named well enough to be tagged and cataloged properly.  Should I expect these files and metadata to be shown in the BEETS GUI by default, or is there a special set of commands that do this? Or is the GUI not really used at all? 

Also when importing, how are most folks treating skipped files that are not found and not tagged?  Running the import command again will continue to skip over these files &  Manually renaming at this point for me would be a monumental task for all of the files Beets skipped over unless there are some tricks out there I could learn.

Thanks

• 8 months later...

I'm been using the docker for a while, but it seems to have stopped modifying my music files.  I've done a fresh install and it's still not renaming files e.g. when I run:

docker exec -it beets /bin/bash -c 'beet import /music_library'

it will find a song:

I can't believe feat artist X

and say it's going to rename it to:

I can't believe

Which is what I want.  But it never actually modifies the file.  Is there something I'm missing? 

Thanks in advance.

plugins: fetchart embedart convert scrub replaygain lastgenre chroma web ftintitle lyrics duplicates missing fromfilename
directory: /music_library
library: /config/musiclibrary.blb
art_filename: albumart
threaded: yes
original_date: no
per_disc_numbering: no

musicbrainz:
    host: 172.30.12.2:5000
    ratelimit: 100

ftintitle:
    auto: yes

lyrics:
    fallback: ''
    force: yes

convert:
    auto: no
    ffmpeg: /usr/bin/ffmpeg
    opts: -ab 320k -ac 2 -ar 48000
    max_bitrate: 320
    threads: 1

paths:
    default: $albumartist/$album%aunique{}/$track - $title
    singleton: Non-Album/$artist - $title
    comp: Compilations/$album%aunique{}/$track - $title
    albumtype_soundtrack: Soundtracks/$album/$track $title 

import:
    write: yes
    copy: no
    move: yes
    resume: ask
    incremental: no
    quiet_fallback: skip
    autotag: yes
    timid: no
    log: /config/beet.log

lastgenre:
    source: album
    canonical: yes
    canoncical: /config/genres-tree.yaml
    fallback: unknown
    whitelist: /config/genres.txt

embedart:

fetchart:

replaygain:

scrub:

replace:
    '^\.': _
    '[\x00-\x1f]': _
    '[<>:"\?\*\|]': _
    '[\xE8-\xEB]': e
    '[\xEC-\xEF]': i
    '[\xE2-\xE6]': a
    '[\xF2-\xF6]': o
    '[\xF8]': o
    '\.$': _
    '\s+$': ''

web:
    host: 0.0.0.0
    port: 8337

FireShot Capture 18 - Highlander_UpdateContainer_ - http___172.30.12.2_Docker_UpdateContainer.png

• 2 months later...

I'm getting an error - any ideas how to fix?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/beet", line 11, in <module>
    load_entry_point('beets==1.4.6', 'console_scripts', 'beet')()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/beets/ui/__init__.py", line 1256, in main
    _raw_main(args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/beets/ui/__init__.py", line 1243, in _raw_main
    subcommand.func(lib, suboptions, subargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/beets/ui/commands.py", line 937, in import_func
    import_files(lib, paths, query)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/beets/ui/commands.py", line 914, in import_files
    session.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/beets/importer.py", line 327, in run
    pl.run_parallel(QUEUE_SIZE)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/beets/util/pipeline.py", line 445, in run_parallel
    six.reraise(exc_info[0], exc_info[1], exc_info[2])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/beets/util/pipeline.py", line 312, in run
    out = self.coro.send(msg)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/beets/util/pipeline.py", line 194, in coro
    func(*(args + (task,)))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/beets/importer.py", line 1506, in plugin_stage
    func(session, task)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/beets/plugins.py", line 124, in wrapper
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/beetsplug/lyrics.py", line 805, in imported
    False, self.config['force'])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/beetsplug/lyrics.py", line 818, in fetch_item_lyrics
    lyrics = [self.get_lyrics(artist, title) for title in titles]
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/beetsplug/lyrics.py", line 851, in get_lyrics
    lyrics = backend.fetch(artist, title)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/beetsplug/lyrics.py", line 388, in fetch
    return self.lyrics_from_song_api_path(song_api_path)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/beetsplug/lyrics.py", line 363, in lyrics_from_song_api_path
    html = BeautifulSoup(page.text, "html.parser")
NameError: global name 'BeautifulSoup' is not defined

53 minutes ago, DZMM said:

Posted my problem on the beets forum and the latest version of beets needs BeautifulSoup

https://discourse.beets.io/t/crashing-on-resuming-import-help-please/257/2?u=dzmm

This isn't available in nerdpack - is it possible to add to the docker?  Or do I just run the following command at array start?

pip install beautifulsoup4

It doesn't help to install it on unraid. It needs to be installed in the container. I'll see if I can add the package soon.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2016 at 7:54 AM, j0nnymoe said:

You need to first ssh into your unraid server via putty or ssh then run the commands.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Can anyone help me please? So i have created the 3 directories and mapped them but if i try to run 'docker exec -i -t Beets bash' i get the message 'Error response from daemon: No such container: Beets'

So none of the commands seem to work for me.

7 minutes ago, showstopper said:

Can anyone help me please? So i have created the 3 directories and mapped them but if i try to run 'docker exec -i -t Beets bash' i get the message 'Error response from daemon: No such container: Beets'

So none of the commands seem to work for me.

docker exec -it beets /bin/bash -c 'beet import /music_unfiled' 

-it not -i -t

Thanks DZMM.

I tested this on 1 folder and then deleted it. Tried to add it again and i have:

No files imported from /downloads
Skipped 1 paths.

Anyway that i can 'resync' this?

EDIT - OK so i rename the folder in downloads and then ran the command again - then chose Remove all.

Thanks for your help

One last question - the folders in my output folder are being tagged with an underscore at the end. Can i change this?

Edited by showstopper