[Support] Linuxserver.io - Apache

Done and works TFFT  8)

I was literally pulling my last hair out. I know I tried it as bridge before, that's how I recognized that 172 Ip address meant bridge was enabled. Who knows? The magic linux pixies probably.

Thanks so much for your help mate.

Yeah, problem with these issues is when you're trying to drill down to the cause you need a new container, image and appdata each time otherwise it can create some strange problems.

No worries.  Glad you got there in the end.

Hi,

I would like to know if L|S.io Apache docker could use Certbot to generate and install / automatically renew a Let's encrypt SSL cert.  They are free and last for 90 days, but using certbot, they can scriptly be renewed automatically, so kind of maintenance-free.

StartSSL won't be trusted anymore in January, so it's why I wanted to move away from them and use the Let's Encrypt stuff.

I know Certbot works inside the docker since I already manually run it; but I want a supported way and more integrated way of using it with the Apache Docker you maintain ! :)

Just read the last 4 pages of this thread.... doesn't seem that we will get Apache Let's Encrypt :P

Currently, I use the Apache Docker for this :

1. AppleTV PlexConnect

2. Hosting my own website (installed wordpress)

3. Reverse proxy stuff

Is the NGIX that support Let's Encrypt can do all of that ?  If It mean's the SSL stuff would be automatic, I can try switching to it.  Who maintain's it ??

Just read the last 4 pages of this thread.... doesn't seem that we will get Apache Let's Encrypt :P

Currently, I use the Apache Docker for this :

1. AppleTV PlexConnect

2. Hosting my own website (installed wordpress)

3. Reverse proxy stuff

Is the NGIX that support Let's Encrypt can do all of that ?  If It mean's the SSL stuff would be automatic, I can try switching to it.  Who maintain's it ??

I got LetsEncrypt working on this Docker. It is a convoluted way to get the valid certificates, but once you have them, the certification renews fine. Checkout my guide here:

https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=43858.msg506722#msg506722

I have been trying on and off to work on a fork of this Docker to get the certificates. As of tonight, I have not been able to figure it out with my limited skills.

I'm new to unRAID and researching reverse proxy to access Sonarr, CouchPotato, etc from outside.

These links are dead:

https://www.linuxserver.io/index.php/overview-reverse-proxy-with-docker/

https://www.linuxserver.io/index.php/overview-reverse-proxy-with-docker/installation-of-apacheweb-docker/

Are there updated links where I can do some reading?

In case anyone else is looking, here's the updated link: https://www.linuxserver.io/2015/11/10/overview-reverse-proxy-with-docker/

Well done hernandito!

I think personally this should be in CA.  You don't need to support Apache, we're of the opinion that the support should be limited to getting the docker container up and running, not on configuring the application.  It's impossible for us to support every app we stick in a docker, there are a multitude of online references to configure Apache and sometimes you just need to point people in that direction.

Well done hernandito!

I think personally this should be in CA.  You don't need to support Apache, we're of the opinion that the support should be limited to getting the docker container up and running, not on configuring the application.  It's impossible for us to support every app we stick in a docker, there are a multitude of online references to configure Apache and sometimes you just need to point people in that direction.

Thank you Mr. N.

I never thought about it in the way you mentioned... I guess I will copy this to its own thread and see how it goes.

As you recall, you are the one who taught me everything I know about Apache and reverse proxy.

Thanks again.

H.

Well done hernandito!

Thank you Mr. N.

I never thought about it in the way you mentioned... I guess I will copy this to its own thread and see how it goes.

As you recall, you are the one who taught me everything I know about Apache and reverse proxy.

Thanks again.

H.

That's going back a while, think you overtook me a long time ago!  ;D

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question about Apache. I already have the DNS working and external traffic works well into the Apache docker.

Say I have registered 2 domains... some thing like firstname.com and secondname.com.

How would I configure the default.conf so that firstname.com traffic goes to folder /config/www/ and secondname.com goes to /config/www2/ (or similar)

This is for full domain names... not subdomain.firstname.com... or firsname.com/folder.

Currently both my domains point and open the same web site.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

H.

Thank you Shamalamadindong! That was simpler than I thought. I thought I had to create additional conf files.

Only issue I am finding is that if I set the default.conf file as per the examples. If I do not have an entry under the port 443, it will not find the web site. If I put in a virtual host for 443, it will find the web site ONLY on https... on regular http or port 80, it will not work.

I am guessing this is some function of having reverse proxy.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

H.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been running this on my unRAID server for a while. I noticed today that the log file other_vhosts_access.log file had grown quite large to almost 5GB. Is there a way to cap that growth or do I just have to delete it once in a while?

Also, I'm primarily using this Apache instance as a proxy for several separate web pages. One of those is Guacamole. I noticed that web sockets weren't being proxied correctly as they were when I was running Apache on an Ubuntu VM. I narrowed this down to the proxy_wstunnel module not being loaded. I managed to fix this by running bash on the Docker container and creating the proper symbolic link to the proxy_wstunnel.load file and it's now working. It would be nice to have a cleaner way to determine which modules are loaded because I believe on an update and definitely if I needed to rebuild my docker volume I would need to create that symbolic link inside the container again.

It would be nice to have a cleaner way to determine which modules are loaded because I believe on an update and definitely if I needed to rebuild my docker volume I would need to create that symbolic link inside the container again.

Yes, rebuilding the docker would require making the link again. Probably the easiest way is to use the user script option and make a script that creates the link. That way, you don't have to go into the container and it will get created.

• 1 month later...

Hello, i would like to know if this apache supporting webdav ... when i try to use it i get some errors

Invalid command 'DavLockDB', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

when i then try to load the modules i used before on an winsrever i get those kinda errors

LoadModule dav_module /config/modules/mod_dav

LoadModule dav_fs_module /config/modules/mod_dav_fs

LoadModule dav_lock_module /config/modules/mod_dav_lock

following error

apache2: Syntax error on line 215 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Cannot load /config/modules/mod_dav.so into server: /config/modules/mod_dav.so: invalid ELF header

may an idea howto get the webdav running ? or not possible with this docker ?

for an tip thanks ahead.

Hello, i would like to know if this apache supporting webdav ... when i try to use it i get some errors

Invalid command 'DavLockDB', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

when i then try to load the modules i used before on an winsrever i get those kinda errors

LoadModule dav_module /config/modules/mod_dav

LoadModule dav_fs_module /config/modules/mod_dav_fs

LoadModule dav_lock_module /config/modules/mod_dav_lock

following error

apache2: Syntax error on line 215 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Cannot load /config/modules/mod_dav.so into server: /config/modules/mod_dav.so: invalid ELF header

may an idea howto get the webdav running ? or not possible with this docker ?

for an tip thanks ahead.

ok, got it solved by enabling the dav module through docker exec ... now webdav is working.

Question now is, always when i modify something this setting is gone, any chance to add commands to a docker wich sticks ?

currenty i need to

docker exec -it apache bash ##took me a while cause only working in putty here, not with WinSCP cmd client ...

a2enmod dav

a2enmod dav_fs

exit

restart apache

now dav is enabled

Question now is, always when i modify something this setting is gone, any chance to add commands to a docker wich sticks ?

Set the advanced script variable to true and write a little script file that does it when the docker starts.

may some hints for me (unraid noob here ...), cant find any advanced script settings in docker settings, not in general nor in apache docker settings.

i only find extra parameters to start up ...

thanks ahead.

Set the advanced script variable to true and write a little script file that does it when the docker starts.

may some hints for me (unraid noob here ...), cant find any advanced script settings in docker settings, not in general nor in apache docker settings.

thanks ahead.

Try this post for an example of using it.

https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=43858.msg506722;topicseen#msg506722

You create a "userscript.sh" script file in the root of the Apache docker config directory. Then, set the "ADVANCED_SCRIPT" variable to true.

thanks ahead.

Try this post for an example of using it.

https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=43858.msg506722;topicseen#msg506722

You create a "userscript.sh" script file in the root of the Apache docker config directory. Then, set the "ADVANCED_SCRIPT" variable to true.

Seems its working, even i get some errors webdav is still present after uodate.

Thanks alot

I updated to the latest Apache Docker yesterday. Since then, the reverse proxy setup I'm using for an application I'm developing has stopped working with Apache errors like this;

[proxy_http:error] [pid 321] (20014)Internal error: [client 72.21.nnn.nnn:9676] AH01102: error reading status line from remote server 192.168.nnn.nnn$

This is affecting testers using the application.

Is there any way I can revert to the previous version?

Thanks

I updated to the latest Apache Docker yesterday. Since then, the reverse proxy setup I'm using for an application I'm developing has stopped working with Apache errors like this;

[proxy_http:error] [pid 321] (20014)Internal error: [client 72.21.nnn.nnn:9676] AH01102: error reading status line from remote server 192.168.nnn.nnn$

This is affecting testers using the application.

Is there any way I can revert to the previous version?

Thanks

I don't think so, this is the reason we're moving away from auto-updating containers.  I'll ask Sparkly to take a look at it.