Is there a plugin for Squid Proxy Server?

saulin

Hey guys does anyone have a plugin or knows if we can get  Squid Proxy Server 3.1 working on unRaid Server v5 or v6?

My kids use YouTube all the time and they are using a lot of bandwidth every month. I'd like to use  Squid Proxy Server to cache YouTube Videos but I don't want to setup a separate server for that.

I found this which looks like what I need.

https://cachevideos.com/

But I'm not sure how I would set it up on unRaid

• 3 months later...

did you finally used it ? 

I'm looking for something like this too :)

I also have an idea for when we are "out on the road".  I would use something like Cache video running on a raspberry pi2 that is creating a Wifi network and in the car, plan on using the cache as the source for youtube (to stop burning Data!).

So the plan is : In house, i'll put the girl ipad on that Wifi network, that will run the caching devices and everyday she use youtube, that will cache that.  When leaving, the device will not be connected to the LAN and will only serve as a cache box for the road.

Maybe the idea won't work, but I think my first thing would be to try "videocaches" first and using a Docker or a Plugins will make it easier.