Nginx-Proxy Template Request

username

I would like to see if anyone can assist me in making an unraid template from jwilder/nginx-proxy. I searched the forum and only found one member mention it.

Using this docker image, you can setup your router to forward all inbound port 80/443 traffic from the web to the docker image. The docker image of nginx will read the URL and pass it to the corresponding server in its site list. The site list is dynamically regenerated as you spin up new docker application images such as plex/cp/sab/etc. To register a docker image with the proxy, you add the proper domain name(s) to the parameters of the docker image being launched. It also allows you to register multiple domain names, so you can setup plex.externaldomainname.com and plex.local to point to the same server. Using this setup also allows you to spin up separate instances of the same application. One for external and one for internal.

Nginx also supports multiple site specific ssl certs, passwd protection, and more. From here we can then proxy all of Nginx through an application firewall (docker based) for all external trafffic.

I would like to learn how to create the unraid templates, but this one seems complex with the way it binds to socks....

This is a combined image of jwilder/docker-gen image and the official nginx image. Jwilder recommends running this as two separate docker images for security, as outlined in the readme. I would prefer using the two image method, but can learn if someone can help me with the "easy" image first.

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to see if anyone can assist me in making an unraid template from jwilder/nginx-proxy. I searched the forum and only found one member mention it.

Using this docker image, you can setup your router to forward all inbound port 80/443 traffic from the web to the docker image. The docker image of nginx will read the URL and pass it to the corresponding server in its site list. The site list is dynamically regenerated as you spin up new docker application images such as plex/cp/sab/etc. To register a docker image with the proxy, you add the proper domain name(s) to the parameters of the docker image being launched. It also allows you to register multiple domain names, so you can setup plex.externaldomainname.com and plex.local to point to the same server. Using this setup also allows you to spin up separate instances of the same application. One for external and one for internal.

Nginx also supports multiple site specific ssl certs, passwd protection, and more. From here we can then proxy all of Nginx through an application firewall (docker based) for all external trafffic.

I would like to learn how to create the unraid templates, but this one seems complex with the way it binds to socks....

This is a combined image of jwilder/docker-gen image and the official nginx image. Jwilder recommends running this as two separate docker images for security, as outlined in the readme. I would prefer using the two image method, but can learn if someone can help me with the "easy" image first.

We (linuxserver.io) have an Apache container that would suit your needs and we're working on an nginx one...

Repo here

Apache

I had a look at your Apache container, and it doesn't do the same thing as jwilder/nginx-proxy.

Docker container IP addresses are randomised, and unRAID doesn't set a container hostname, so it looks like your Apache container config expects the host IP address in the ProxyPass config. jwilder/nginx-proxy uses docker-gen to read container meta-data and generate nginx confg files from that.

• 5 months later...