No Docker tab (docker enabled)

Vocatus

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've enabled Docker in settings, specified an image file of 7.5 GB in the root of the cache drive, and even rebooted the server, to no avail.

I have no "Docker" tab in the GUI like in all the screenshots. I'm running v6.1.3 release.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

That looks good to me, other than the docker image being a bit small.  Mine is 20gb.

Kind of a long shot, but can you go to Settings -> Date and Time and verify the time is correct?  Strange things can happen if it is wrong.

If the date and time are correct, go to Tools -> Diagnostics and attach your diagnostics.zip here

The system is failing to create the docker.img file, hence why the docker tab isn't showing up.  Not any details that I see as to why.

Best guess right now would be to reboot and try it again.  Failing that, look on the cache drive and see if there already is a docker.img file and delete it then try again.

Best I can suggest right now is to manually delete the .img file and then recreate it.  Also, what size are you using?  LT's default of 5Gig is too small for most people.

Does the docker image mount point need to be in an SMB share? What's the "best practice"?

I deleted the docker image file and tried re-creating, to no avail.

This was an upgrade from 4.0.x; could that have anything to do with it? Any residual files I should delete?

...This was an upgrade from 4.0.x; could that have anything to do with it? Any residual files I should delete?

Do you mean an upgrade from unRAID v4.x? Did you follow the Upgrading to UnRAID v6 instructions in the wiki? You really shouldn't have to ask about "residual files" if you did this right.

I did. I followed the "Frank's short and sweet instructions" (linked on the page you linked) to the T.

...This was an upgrade from 4.0.x; could that have anything to do with it? Any residual files I should delete?

Do you mean an upgrade from unRAID v4.x? Did you follow the Upgrading to UnRAID v6 instructions in the wiki? You really shouldn't have to ask about "residual files" if you did this right.

I did. I followed the "Frank's short and sweet instructions" (linked on the page you linked) to the T.

You skipped my first question above.

You skipped my first question above.

Sorry, no, that was a typo. I upgraded from v5.x, not v4.x.

Hi there.  I'm having the same issue, when I enable Docker and create the .img file, it fails to create.  Log files attached.

I'm just using the trial at the moment, hoping to test out some Docker apps before I purchase.  Otherwise, I love unRAID so far.

Thanks for any help.

Do you have a cache drive installed? If not, you need to specify another location (on the array) where it can be created.

Sounds fine! Go to Shares, Add Share, set Share name to appdata and set Use cache disk to Only and then Add Share. You should now have the folder appdata on your cache drive. If you go to SMB Security Settings, you can set Export to Yes and Security to Public so that it is visible on your network.

Suggest you make a sub folder called docker and then you create your docker.img pointing to this location.

Docker_on_cache.png.7a48bc68e5c4c096eae6fcd8cd2b2f9e.png