Is my new drive dead?

ivez

Hi can someone please take a look at my syslog and advise if my drive is bad.

History: I installed a SAS2LP controller to my system yesterday followed by two Seagate 4tb drives. Using gfjardim's brilliant pre-clear plugin I initiated a pre-clear on both drives. This morning I have woken to lots of errors in syslog and one of the drives has disappeared from the pre-clear GUI. Pretty sure the drive needs an RMA but would appreciated confirmation.

syslog_2.zip

Hi can someone please take a look at my syslog and advise if my drive is bad.

History: I installed a SAS2LP controller to my system yesterday followed by two Seagate 4tb drives. Using gfjardim's brilliant pre-clear plugin I initiated a pre-clear on both drives. This morning I have woken to lots of errors in syslog and one of the drives has disappeared from the pre-clear GUI. Pretty sure the drive needs an RMA but would appreciated confirmation.

Cant it be a loose SATA or power cable cable?

Could well be a controller issue too. Can you  try connecting the disk to a SATA port on the motherboard?

Your attached zip is broken.

My guess would be the controller. Can't really tell much about the drives without SMART reports.

In any case, with unRAID v6 it is much preferred if you go to Tools - Diagnostics and post the complete diagnostics zip file (which contains syslog, smart, and other useful things) instead of just the syslog.