Wake on Lan for Virtual Machines for 6.1+

79 posts in this topic Last Reply

Found slackbuilds for most of those:

pbr six enum34 pycparser cffi idna ipaddress cryptography

PyYAML pyperclip pyparsing wcwidth stevedore PrettyTable

unicodecsv pyzmq

Didn't see them for these:

asn1crypto pyghmi contextlib2 cmd2 cliff

python-six and python-idna are actually in official repos.

I decided to use a python virtual environment and load everything into one package. Created multiple packages based on unraid version/libvirt version. I also add a Virtual BMC service to the VM settings page. I'll add more Virtual BMC settings to the WebGUI when I have time. E.g. vm's and port settings.  Also I wondering if you knew where Virtual BMC stored the vm/ports settings, so they can be restored on boot.

Edit: Nm I figured out where the settings are stored. They are in the user home directory. So /root/.vbmc

Awesome work.  Thank you.  I'm testing it out now.

One note so far.  The verbose on the uninstall logging to the webpage makes it take a really long time delete all the files in the virtual environment 

Just been trying to get this to work with no success until i realised my VLANS were causing the issue.

I worked around it by overriding the code in the /etc/rc.d/rc.libvirtwol file.

i replaced the variable $BRNAME directly with the hard coded value br0.1 (for br0 vlan 1) is it possible to get some sort of option for this added to the plugin? 

On 1/11/2019 at 1:45 PM, Fma965 said:

Just been trying to get this to work with no success until i realised my VLANS were causing the issue.

I worked around it by overriding the code in the /etc/rc.d/rc.libvirtwol file.

i replaced the variable $BRNAME directly with the hard coded value br0.1 (for br0 vlan 1) is it possible to get some sort of option for this added to the plugin? 

Is your Default network bridge not set to bro.1? That is what the variable $BRNAME is.