Couchpotato user permissions

Nem

I have couchpotato to pull in files from a different directory, and it seems that everytime it does the renaming it sets the owner of the directory to 'nobody'. This means that any user on my unraid system does not have write permissions to that folder

sonarr used to have the same problem, but that has an option in settings for assigning ownership to a user. I couldn't find a similar option for couchpotato

What is the best way to handle this situation? Is there a setting in CP that I missed somewhere?

On an unrelated note, I just checked /mnt/user and all of my shares have 'nobody' set as the owner too...is that normal?

the problem im facing is that I cant copy to/from or edit any directories created by couchpotatos renamer and im guessing its because of this ownership issue

the share that CP is moving files to is read/writeable by myself (as set in unraid), but despite that I dont have the ability to edit the files. I can edit non-CP directories OK

So all of my user shares are set to nobody as owner and when I log in to the share on Windows with my account (simon) I can edit files no problem. How come when CP sets a directory to nobody, I can no longer edit the files/folder? This is despite the simon account having read/write permission to the share...

So all of my user shares are set to nobody as owner and when I log in to the share on Windows with my account (simon) I can edit files no problem. How come when CP sets a directory to nobody, I can no longer edit the files/folder? This is despite the simon account having read/write permission to the share...

exactly what permissions are being set on the folders that CP is creating?

exactly what permissions are being set on the folders that CP is creating?

Here is what the directory permissions look like:

permissions.png

The problem directory has nobody as owner, the one that works has simon set as owner

I'm not really understanding how permissions work in linux...

Unraid sets nobody as owner for all shares (confirmed). So, I have a Media share that is owned by nobody. On my main desktop (logged in as simon) I copied all my media files to that Media share. Even though the Media share is owned by nobody, all subdirectories are now owned by simon. The same thing happens for any other subdirectory - they're all owned by whoever copied the file to the share - is this normal? expected? What if one user wants to edit files moved there (and owned) by another user?