Issues swapping out cache drive for larger drive.

Hopefully simple, as I feel it shouldn't be this complicated.

My goal is to swap out my current cache drive (120 GB SSD) with a larger one (500 GB SSD) so I have more room for temporary download storage. I currently run PhAzE Plugins SR, CP, SAB, HP and Plex from the drive. I found two resources that walk you through how to do it HERE (A) and HERE (B).

I first tried the instructions (A) which say to copy files using MC on telnet. I quickly realized this wasn't going to work for me because I was getting a ton of errors during the transfer where I had to skip many files. Since I basically want to clone the drive so the plugins stay perfectly in tact, I gave up on this strategy.

Then I tried the second way (B), which again uses telnet, but uses rsync -avp to copy via command line. This looked promising as it didn't look like it was giving any errors, and after inspection all the files seemed to be there. Here are the steps I followed:

1.) Turn off all plugins writing to cache

2.) Use rsync -avp to copy cache drive to new dir on disk2

2.) Install and preclear new drive. Add to array and boot up.

3.) Copy back from disk4 to new empty cache using same command

4.) Start up plugins

After booting up plugins, both CP and SAB are working fine. But Plex is like a new install, with all my libraries missing. SickRage is somewhere in the middle, it seems to have retained my settings, but all my shows are gone. I'm not sure how this is happening, unless some files did not get copied.

I just wanna know how to swap out my cache drive for a larger one without screwing up all my plugins! I feel like this shouldn't be so complicated. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks guys!

Thanks for the reply. I checked out that link. My cache's file system is ReiserFS, so I followed the instructions on doing a file system check. Came out OK, no corruptions found:

finished
No corruptions found
There are on the filesystem:
Leaves 109554
Internal nodes 718
Directories 159977
Other files 361113
Data block pointers 25801995 (8207 of them are zero)
Safe links 0

That's good right? Idk if the MC messages were errors or just issues with file permissions. All I remember for sure is it kept popping up asking what I wanted to do with certain files, skip or abort. Any ideas?

Permissions shouldn't be an issue when logged in as root. If you didn't stop your plugins in method (A) then perhaps the errors were because the files were still open. Don't know why some SAB,CP OK but Plex not. Maybe something about your plex setup was broken and wouldn't have survived a reboot anyway.

Nah, my plex definitely survives a reboot. I've actually thrown back in my old 120gb cache for the time being so I can use plex and it's working fine. So if I follow the instructions in (A) again, just to make sure I did it right, it should work?

Is there anything else I should try? Anything you guys have done differently or more specific? I feel like swapping cache drives should be pretty straight forward.