[Support] Linuxserver.io - Transmission

13 hours ago, cherrybullet said:

You have to stop the container before editing settings. Otherwise, transmission will overwrite any settings when it shuts down and potentially while it's running.

I've also experienced rpc issues with the latest update. Been trying to downgrade, but now I can't get authenticated when it was previously enabled and working fine.

Turning off container before changing settings helped me without any downgrade.

Thanks!

16 hours ago, cherrybullet said:

You have to stop the container before editing settings. Otherwise, transmission will overwrite any settings when it shuts down and potentially while it's running.

I've also experienced rpc issues with the latest update. Been trying to downgrade, but now I can't get authenticated when it was previously enabled and working fine.

Even if I hadn't, a container update shouldn't modify settings values unless it is noted in the change log (which it was not).

I definitely stopped the container before making changes to the settings file though.

And, I too changed the repository value to use a previously known working version.

For others reporting, it'll be valuable to include the version.

The issue is appears to be specific to version 3.00-r0-ls73 - the changes included in that version, at a glance, do not appear to be valid (are at conflict with themselves) and the commit comments for testing of the changes are not specific. Which would lead me to believe that the person who made the changes only tested that the changes resolved their issue, and did no negative testing to ensure existing functionality was retained.

Either way, the issue is still present and there has been no new build pushed for this container as of yet.

Hopefully this matter gets resolved soon.

19 hours ago, soder said:

Please tell me more how I do this?

/Söder

Hello, maybe i can help you.

Edit container

click on "Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device" --> config type: Variable - name: USER - key: USER  - value: usernameofyourchoice - description: leave empty

Repeate the same for PASS

Restart docker.

Worked for me, bye!

• Thanks 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello! As of the last few versions, Transmission thinks it is out of space to download, when in fact it is not. This is the error when trying to download a 13GB file:

Problem.png.6acb69905bd77d1d16f9e7e18e2be90b.png

To explain where downloads 2 is:

394104688_Transmissionpath2.thumb.png.d18c524dfb08976dfdb717ba29e67171.png

521306812_2021-06-1917_09_42-REPOSITORY_Mainand6morepages-Personal-MicrosoftEdge.thumb.png.8a3d890742c0f6e4128de5524e586570.png

The same folder mapped on Windows 10:

562905112_2021-06-1917_10_26-ThisPC.png.db64acc35a0e452fee7d5a4bc3850d3d.png

Any idea what might be causing this? 

Thanks,

~K

17 hours ago, Keek Uras said:

Hello! As of the last few versions, Transmission thinks it is out of space to download, when in fact it is not. This is the error when trying to download a 13GB file:

Problem.png.6acb69905bd77d1d16f9e7e18e2be90b.png

To explain where downloads 2 is:

394104688_Transmissionpath2.thumb.png.d18c524dfb08976dfdb717ba29e67171.png

521306812_2021-06-1917_09_42-REPOSITORY_Mainand6morepages-Personal-MicrosoftEdge.thumb.png.8a3d890742c0f6e4128de5524e586570.png

The same folder mapped on Windows 10:

562905112_2021-06-1917_10_26-ThisPC.png.db64acc35a0e452fee7d5a4bc3850d3d.png

Any idea what might be causing this? 

Thanks,

~K

I was digging into this further and found this in the Transmission logs. What is this referring to, because I have no such directory structure?

No space left on device (/home/buildozer/aports/community/transmission/src/transmission-3.00/libtransmission/inout.c:131)

Thanks,

~K

Edited by Keek Uras
Bolded error msg
2 hours ago, Keek Uras said:

I was digging into this further and found this in the Transmission logs. What is this referring to, because I have no such directory structure?

No space left on device (/home/buildozer/aports/community/transmission/src/transmission-3.00/libtransmission/inout.c:131)

Thanks,

~K

Please disregard, it appears the issue is with unassigned devices.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I access Unraid via network mappings on Windows and every time something is downloaded by Transmission I need to use Winscp in order to move the files around, otherwise I have no access rights on the files. This does not happen with other dockers such as Sabnzbd for exemple. What did I mess with Transmission's settings?

On 1/21/2021 at 1:46 AM, CorneliousJD said:

I rolled back to linuxserver/transmission:3.00-r0-ls71 and restored a backup config.json file from 3 days ago that I knew was working correctly before this update.

All is good again for now - will check back here to see when things are fixed later hopefully. :)

How to return to some special build?

Answer -

Edited by m0t0rh3ad
find answer
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

where is the community app for this transmission version..  its no longer there..

i was building a new unraid server.. and i installed the linuservio  version but its no longer this version..  when you install it you get  a 403 forbidden error..    and the support page takes you to github..     so i had to goto one of my other servers and use the support page..  since it seems this version is depreciated   as this linuserver isnt the new version

new version is 

lscr.io/linuxserver/transmission

but i want the 

/linuxserver/transmission

version  how can i get this working version installed..  as its not even in the community apps anymore

how do i pull down this container??  i did try the video above..  

docker pull linuxserver/transmission:latest and tried command line..  as a new container.. but it will not install right..

since that other version doesnt work right with the 403 forbidden access nonsense..    i install it andgive the 2 directories and should apply and it should run  and 0 issues to get transmission  but tells me ip address and white list and rpc stuff.. i just want transmission running...

so i could use help how you install this  since  Community apps has depreciated this version 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,there are errors in my transmission on UNRAID that say "Unable to save resume file: No space left on device (3)". I dont know what happened and I have much more space in my transmission disks. Can anyone give me some help and Thanks.

It happened in about 8 minutes when every new starting of the transmission app.

Edited by fxhe