[Support] Linuxserver.io - Transmission

51 minutes ago, wungun said:

im having random chinese torrents automatically being added to my !!

some kind of malware?

If your transmission is accessible through the Internet, someone could've brute forced their way in. That, or into your network, where they can scan internal IPs and open ports. I'd change the login on your transmission client and add a strong password.

If it's an attack from inside your home network, check your computer for malware.

I was facing the issue with RPC "without password" seem like it was in this state multiple months.

Until i found out and removed the former docker, installed latest one.

Now seems like new issue, even i setup "settings.json" it get changed after restart and im not able to use Transmission

image.png.4fc00efa8ed23d1fd951a3661cb24f90.png

I even removed those values from Config in Docker, but seems like they show up again :(

image.thumb.png.72f47630e2d9ab2ab615bbf2fae1558b.png

Any clue what else to change to "keep/save" settings i setup? Thanks

EDIT:

I overwrite again the "settings.json", stopped Docker and started - all seems saved now

Also tried restart - settings are kept.

Maybe is some docker "update" in between causing it, will see till next update.

for now FIXED

Edited by killeriq
fixed
27 minutes ago, cherrybullet said:

The container should be stopped when editing `settings.json`. Otherwise, transmission will save its current in-memory version when it exits

i'm aware of that, from some reason even "stopped" changed json and after start old values again...

I removed app from docker, deleted transmission in appdata, installed again and now it seems its fine...lets see if it last.

Drives me nuts already :)

Edited by killeriq

2022-02-26 12:03:04.735] JSON parse failed in /config/settings.json at pos 902: SPECIAL_EXPECTED -- remaining text "peerport,

"p"
[2022-02-26 12:03:04.735] transmission-daemon Error loading config file -- exiting. (/home/buildozer/aports/community/transmission/src/transmission-3.00/daemon/daemon.c:825)

1. check / save your docker settings

1.1 backup appdata/transmission  (otherwise *.torrent will be lost)

2. remove docker and appdata/transmission

3. install it again

4. remove those "whitelist" fields from docker setup

5. compare old settings.json with new settings.json and modify as needed

No clue what they messed up, acting strange

dont copy, just edit few values...

it behaves strange and it happend to me even i removed those "white" values in docker, after restart it was there again.

2nd wipe fix it, then is compare and edited settings.json, no overwrite

overwrite cause that not wanted values were there again

I'm having some trouble with permissions since the last update. I can't download anything:

[2022-03-12 14:24:10.974] Couldn't create "/mnt/user": Permission denied (/home/buildozer/aports/community/transmission/src/transmission-3.00/libtransmission/file-posix.c:243)
[2022-03-12 14:24:10.974] Couldn't create "/mnt/user/mergerfs/gd/Downloads/torrents/incomplete/linuxfx 10.6.1001 cinnamon win10 theme XZ": Permission denied (/home/buildozer/aports/community/transmission/src/transmission-3.00/libtransmission/fdlimit.c:174)

Also getting this error in Radarr

You are using docker; download client transmission places downloads in /mnt/user/mergerfs/gd/Downloads/torrents/complete/movies but this directory does not appear to exist inside the container. Review your remote path mappings and container volume settings.

Transmission Mappings in docker
/data -> /mnt/user/mergerfs/
/downloads -> /mnt/user/mergerfs/gd/
/watch -> /mnt/user/mergerfs/gd/Downloads/torrents/watch/
/config -> /mnt/user/appdata/transmission

Radarr mappings in docker

/data -> /mnt/user/mergerfs/
/movies -> /mnt/user/mergerfs/gd/
/downloads -> /mnt/user/mergerfs/gd/Downloads/
/config -> /mnt/user/appdata/radarr

Edited by thekiefs
9 hours ago, trurl said:

Must be something about your transmission setup. Doesn't reset for me and no way rc3 upgrade could have that effect anyway.

No clue what is wrong, but either after some OS reboot or new Transmission update it puts the default value as when you installed fresh Transmission docker and it put the "ip white list" rule ON again, even i removed it in docker and in settings.json

drives me nuts when i find out after some time that again i cant log in