[Support] Linuxserver.io - Transmission

Hello,

Please anyone have any problem with an error like: "download directory path is not absolute" ?, this happen me when I'm trying to add a torrent with the remote gui client. It seems the last update from 2.90 (the RPC wants an aboslute path).

So what is the absolute path from RPC in docker?

thank you.

Hello,

Please anyone have any problem with an error like: "download directory path is not absolute" ?, this happen me when I'm trying to add a torrent with the remote gui client. It seems the last update from 2.90 (the RPC wants an aboslute path).

So what is the absolute path from RPC in docker?

thank you.

What are your volume mappings for this docker?

Hi, trurl

This is my config...

CONTAINER - HOST:

/downloads --> /mnt/user

/config -->      /mnt/cache/transmission

/watch -->      /mnt/user/downloads

Why am I using this /downloads as a container path mapping to /mnt/user?, because in "Remote GUI Client" I'm using this mapping path:  /downloads=\\unhp\

So when I'm trying to add a torrent file then if I push the browse location button to specify the folder on the network to download the torrent , then it allow me to set the remote folder path and it start to download inmediatly.

P.S. On the web is commented too for this new version:  https://github.com/SickRage/sickrage-issues/issues/1071

• 5 weeks later...

Really enjoying this transmission docker and it's one of the first I've got working along with Dolphin so thanks for the effort.

Now it's running, I'd like to be able to access it when I'm away from home. What would be the best way to do this?

I've tried installing remote transmission on my android phone but can't seem to get it to work.

So far, I've tried entering ifconfig at the terminal to get the ip address for outside my network (four sets of numbers separated by dots) and then tried to enter this into the host section in the remote transmission app. I also put the default port in but it doesn't work.

Thanks in advance for any help with this  :D

Graham

Graham...

There are two ways to do this.  Either open the port on your router to the transmission webui port or setup a reverse proxy webserver.

You would be best off setting up a dynamic DNS address or domain name for either of these.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Hi CHBMB,

Thanks for this. I am still learning so don’t totally understand but if I open a port on my router for it, does that mean that a hacker could get into my computer through this port and are there any security precautions I should take if I do this?

In regards to a dynamic dns. I’ve heard people mention this a lot from reading around the forums. Am I right in saying it is a way to consistently gain access to your home network by using a kind of web address?

If so, what is the best method to do dynamic dns on unraid? And are there any security precautions I should take?

Also, is setting up a VPN another way to do this? If so, can it be done on unraid directly if your router doesn't have VPN?

Thanks for your advice.

Graham

• 3 weeks later...

anyone having problems with watch folder not adding torrents from sickrage or CP. the folder works fine when i copy and paste into the folder but not automatically. i have to cut and paste the files out of the folder and paste them back in for them to work????

im pointed at the following

/watch folder = /mnt/use/appdata/Torrents

*edit* found that with sick rage was not set to use the downloader just the black hole. poped in my login and it works now. CP has the right login but is not working ill fix it later or re-add the docker.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I do not have a cache drive. My configuration in Volume Mappings is:

/config   /mnt/disk5/appdata/Transmission/

/downloads   /mnt/user/VIDEOS/DOWNLOADS/

/watch   /mnt/user/VIDEOS/DOWNLOADS/torrent/

When I add a torrent in the watch folder, Transmission creates two folders in my downloads folder: "incomplete" and "complete"

I don't want to have these two folders. I would like Transmission to put everything (completes or incompletes) in /mnt/user/VIDEOS/DOWNLOADS/

I tried to edit settings.json with Notepad (incomplete-dir: false) but Transmission keeps creating these two folders.

Can you help please?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. Been using this and several of your dockers and they are working great.  ;D

I would like to make a suggestion to this specific docker. Is it possible to add python2.7 package to the Docker image? I use a postprocessing script (nzbToMedia) when the torrent download finishes but its not being triggered because of the missing package.

TIA and keep up the awesome work.

Any change of adding python2.7 for nzbToMedia?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

This docker has been rebased to alpine with s6 overlay, please make sure you backup your appdata first before you update to this latest image.

For more information, please read : http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=50793.0

Damn this update is impressive! My transmission virtual size dropped from around 200mb all the way down to 17!? That is pretty awesome, looking forward to the rest of your containers to receive their alpine updates :D