[Support] Linuxserver.io - Transmission

So I have been using Transmission for awhile because the ease of configuration etc... But now all of sudden my downloads keep disappearing, cant find any incomplete or failed downloads, once it does complete it disappears. Before it stayed in the GUI so you could keep track but when I go back to after a few hours to check the status I come back to blank list. Check the download folders and all empty?

Re-installed the docker, cant find any logs. Is it possible its more of an CP issue? The download stats show 91.2 GB but I cant find anything even if I search my whole server.

/config = /mnt/disk1/appdata/transmission
/downloads = /mnt/disks/SERVER_Downloads/transmission/
/watch = /mnt/disks/SERVER_Downloads/transmission/WATCH

So I have been using Transmission for awhile because the ease of configuration etc... But now all of sudden my downloads keep disappearing, cant find any incomplete or failed downloads, once it does complete it disappears. Before it stayed in the GUI so you could keep track but when I go back to after a few hours to check the status I come back to blank list. Check the download folders and all empty?

Re-installed the docker, cant find any logs. Is it possible its more of an CP issue? The download stats show 91.2 GB but I cant find anything even if I search my whole server.

/config = /mnt/disk1/appdata/transmission
/downloads = /mnt/disks/SERVER_Downloads/transmission/
/watch = /mnt/disks/SERVER_Downloads/transmission/WATCH

Looks like you have your /downloads mapped to an Unassigned Devices path. Is that drive mounted?

Yep, Sabnzbd is mapped to same share but /mnt/disks/SERVER_Downloads/SAB/

The wierd thing is it downloads and if I go to incomplete folder thats auto generated its there but as soon as it completes I have no idea where its going and manual folder search wont find the file either  ???

Did you mount the disk after the docker service started? Dockers cannot see anything that was mounted after the docker service starts.

Since your usage case has items going to a UD mounted device, upgrading to 6.2 would be worthwhile, since the limitation of having to stop the docker service and then restart it is no longer necessary if you use one of the "slave" modes when setting up the paths.

Just an update, upgraded to lastest unraid version and turns out all my docker images were out of date. I assumed they were being updated after docker restart but think there was a bug mentioned and switching to 6.2 fixed that.

Also reset the options in CP looks like it was deleting failed downloads or stalled download. I think everything is working ok now. Just need to figure out how to use categaroies so I can move Movies and TV shows automatically for CP and Sonnar to process.

Thanks for the help

Hey guys. Been using this and several of your dockers and they are working great.  ;D

I would like to make a suggestion to this specific docker. Is it possible to add python2.7 package to the Docker image? I use a postprocessing script (nzbToMedia) when the torrent download finishes but its not being triggered because of the missing package.

TIA and keep up the awesome work.

Any change of adding python2.7 for nzbToMedia?

Thanks

anyone?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

edit:  I fixed the problem, but unfortunately can be of little help to anyone who might also have the problem.  I did the no-no of doing many things at once, and am unsure what finally righted it...

I renamed my shares (removed leading caps, removed spaces), changed my apps folder to the more-standard "appdata" rather than a hidden ".Apps" folder, deleted the transmission docker and re-installed it.  After all that, I also adjusted my umask value to the default "2" in settings.json.  Things now persist after a docker (or server) restart.

I've just switched over to this dockerized version of Transmission after using the plug-in version for years.  I have it installed to my cache drive, within /mnt/cache/.Apps/.  Likewise, all of its main system paths are set up to be there.  It also has a number of paths set up so that it can see my main media user shares.

The relevant Docker paths as configured are:

/config

/mnt/cache/.Apps/transmission

/downloads

/mnt/cache/.Apps/transmission/downloads

/watch

/mnt/cache/.Apps/transmission/torrents/

/Music

/mnt/user/Music/

...etc media...

...etc...

Spent the better part of a day re-downloading and re-adding all my torrent files to it so that I could resume seeding, after which point everything was running good and fine.  About a day later (yesterday), I updated the server from OS 6.1.7 to 6.1.9, and rebooted.  Came back to an empty list of active torrents in both the web GUI and in Transmission Remote GUI.  The /transmission/torrents/ path is still populated with "*.torrent.*added" files, the /transmission/resume/ folder still has "*.resume" files.  None are actively running anymore, though.

As a simple troubleshooting step, I added back a torrent file (just one this time!), had it successfully verify and resume seeding, then restarted the docker.  Same symptom, the list of torrents in the GUI was completely empty.  So, it seems unrelated to the server reboot and simply a result of rebooting the docker container.

Any insights?  Let me know if I left out any settings or other details that might be necessary to help troubleshoot.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

My transmission config has

"script-torrent-done-enabled": true

"script-torrent-done-filename": "/config/push.sh"

The push script makes use of curl but it's been some time now that I noticed the binary isn't to be found in the docker... it used to be there before...

If I type

docker exec -ti transmission /config/push.sh

It returns:

/config/push.sh: line 55: curl: not found

Was curl recently removed? Or has docker changed with more recent releases of unRAID?

My transmission config has

"script-torrent-done-enabled": true

"script-torrent-done-filename": "/config/push.sh"

The push script makes use of curl but it's been some time now that I noticed the binary isn't to be found in the docker... it used to be there before...

If I type

docker exec -ti transmission /config/push.sh

It returns:

/config/push.sh: line 55: curl: not found

Was curl recently removed? Or has docker changed with more recent releases of unRAID?

can you test the following ?

docker exec -ti transmission bash

to give you command line inside the docker, then run.

apk add --no-cache curl

followed by exit.

restart the docker and try your command again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I used previously Transmission docker by gfjardim and as now is deprecated I moved to Linuxserver one, trying to keep the settings (the ones behind the Wrench icon), but they are not saved anymore :(. Even if I delete settings.json, and the docker create them again, every time I restart the docker, all is restored to the default settings again :(. What am I doing wrong? I just kept the old settings just to keep the old torrents I previously downloaded, but even if I delete the whole "transmission" folder within appdata folder, so your plugin recreates it from scratch, settings are not saved :(. Here're my settings:

Container Path: /config
/mnt/disk3/appdata/transmission/

Container Path: /downloads
/mnt/user/MEDIA/

Container Variable: PUID

Container Variable: PGID

By the way: what are these PUID and PGID settings for?

Excuse the newbie question. When adding Transmission to my docker, should I enable that downloads can go to my cache drive?

I am new to the Cache drive thing. I just installed a 240GB SSD for cache. If I use the cache drive for Transmission, will files autocopy to the array like it would if I was directly copying files to the array?

Thank you.

Excuse the newbie question. When adding Transmission to my docker, should I enable that downloads can go to my cache drive?

I am new to the Cache drive thing. I just installed a 240GB SSD for cache. If I use the cache drive for Transmission, will files autocopy to the array like it would if I was directly copying files to the array?

Thank you.

Depends on the settings for the user share you are going to download to.

The PUID and PGID settings are explained in the readme on dockerhub and github, bottom line, on Unraid don't change them.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your answer. Ok, I understand it now, but the problem with settings disappearing remains :(. Does it happens only to me?

The PUID and PGID settings are explained in the readme on dockerhub and github, bottom line, on Unraid don't change them.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your answer. Ok, I understand it now, but the problem with settings disappearing remains :(. Does it happens only to me?

See here.

Might be a good idea to look at the rest of that thread too.

Thank you.

I guess that's where I am unsure. I want to use my cache drive to store containers, Plex files (minus media) and one VM. I want the rest to be used as a cache drive.

Thank you.

I guess that's where I am unsure. I want to use my cache drive to store containers, Plex files (minus media) and one VM. I want the rest to be used as a cache drive.

A user share set to Use cache disk: Only will not be moved. If you press the Help button most pages in the webUI have help.