[Support] Linuxserver.io - Transmission

I'm also having the problem with my settings not saving in the wrench icon screen.

Was this resolved?

I'm running the latest version of the docker image and it's still resetting the settings each time I restart the image.

Thanks.

So I guess this has not been resolved?

Can anyone recommend another Transmission docker image or a torrent image with better support?

Thanks.

I installed the transmission container but the settings do not survive a restart of the container. The config dir is /mnt/cache/appdata 

What could I be doing wrong?

EDIT: Oops, just saw preceding posts. Looks like its an issue with everyone.

P.S. I have reverted to gfjardim's version of transmission and that's working pretty well for me! Just use "gfjardim/transmission" as the repo

Edited by extremeaudio
3 minutes ago, extremeaudio said:

I installed the transmission container but the settings do not survive a restart of the container. The config dir is /mnt/cache/appdata 

What could I be doing wrong?

Is it really /mnt/cache/appdata, and not /mnt/cache/appdata/transmission? Each docker should have its own separate folder within appdata.

1 minute ago, Dimtar said:

I can't say whether or not this is a "bug" but personally if I have to make changes I edit the config directly. Obviously this isn't everyones cup of but it works really well for me

I'm not sure this is going to work (I think I have tried it, btw). When you edit the settings from the web UI you are basically writing to that very file.

Just now, extremeaudio said:

I'm not sure this is going to work (I think I have tried it, btw). When you edit the settings from the web UI you are basically writing to that very file.

I agree that it may be broken, personally for me its actually ideal because a restart sets all my settings to the things I want.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

It might be a good idea to mention that we need to open port 51413 on our routers on the main post. This Docker image does not support UPnP, so you must open up the port manually in your router.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. I'm trying to run transmission docker on ubuntu server 16.04

And I have a problem. If I restart the container

Torrents on a pause remain on a pause and keep progress.
Torrents in download lose progress and start downloading from the beginning.

what could be the problem?

noname@tunk:~/config$ ls -la
total 32
drwxrwxr-x 5 noname noname 4096 May 15 08:32 .
drwxr-xr-x 8 noname noname 4096 May 15 08:06 ..
drwxr-xr-x 2 noname noname 4096 May 15 08:22 blocklists
-rwxr-xr-x 1 noname noname  553 May 15 08:22 blocklist-update.sh
drwxr-xr-x 2 noname noname 4096 May 15 08:26 resume
-rw------- 1 noname noname 2183 May 15 08:26 settings.json
-rw------- 1 noname noname  139 May 15 08:32 stats.json
drwxr-xr-x 2 noname noname 4096 May 15 08:24 torrents

noname@tunk:~$ cd /home/noname/
noname@tunk:~$ ls -l
total 12
drwxrwxr-x 5 noname noname 4096 May 15 08:22 config
drwxrwxr-x 4 noname noname 4096 May 15 08:22 downloads
drwxrwxr-x 2 noname noname 4096 May 15 08:06 watch

noname@tunk:~/downloads$ ls -l
total 8
drwxr-xr-x 2 noname noname 4096 May 15 08:22 complete
drwxr-xr-x 2 noname noname 4096 May 15 08:24 incomplete

noname@tunk:~/config$ id noname
uid=1000(noname) gid=1000(noname) groups=1000(noname),4(adm),24(cdrom),27(sudo),30(dip),46(plugdev),110(lxd),113(sambashare),117(lpadmin),999(docker)

docker create --name=transmission -v /home/noname/config:/config -v /home/noname/downloads:/downloads -v /home/noname/watch:/watch -e PGID=1000 -e PUID=1000 -p 9091:9091 -p 51413:51413 -p 51413:51413/udp linuxserver/transmission

3 hours ago, gufez said:

Hi guys. I'm trying to run transmission docker on ubuntu server 16.04

what could be the problem?

one potential issue is that this is the unraid forum.

noname@tunk:~/config$ ls -la
total 32
drwxrwxr-x 5 noname noname 4096 May 15 08:32 .
drwxr-xr-x 8 noname noname 4096 May 15 08:06 ..
drwxr-xr-x 2 noname noname 4096 May 15 08:22 blocklists
-rwxr-xr-x 1 noname noname  553 May 15 08:22 blocklist-update.sh
drwxr-xr-x 2 noname noname 4096 May 15 08:26 resume
-rw------- 1 noname noname 2183 May 15 08:26 settings.json
-rw------- 1 noname noname  139 May 15 08:32 stats.json
drwxr-xr-x 2 noname noname 4096 May 15 08:24 torrents

noname@tunk:~$ cd /home/noname/
noname@tunk:~$ ls -l
total 12
drwxrwxr-x 5 noname noname 4096 May 15 08:22 config
drwxrwxr-x 4 noname noname 4096 May 15 08:22 downloads
drwxrwxr-x 2 noname noname 4096 May 15 08:06 watch

noname@tunk:~/downloads$ ls -l
total 8
drwxr-xr-x 2 noname noname 4096 May 15 08:22 complete
drwxr-xr-x 2 noname noname 4096 May 15 08:24 incomplete

noname@tunk:~/config$ id noname
uid=1000(noname) gid=1000(noname) groups=1000(noname),4(adm),24(cdrom),27(sudo),30(dip),46(plugdev),110(lxd),113(sambashare),117(lpadmin),999(docker)

docker create --name=transmission -v /home/noname/config:/config -v /home/noname/downloads:/downloads -v /home/noname/watch:/watch -e PGID=1000 -e PUID=1000 -p 9091:9091 -p 51413:51413 -p 51413:51413/udp linuxserver/transmission

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there got a small issue,

I'm using the transmission image with success, but I noticed that recently you added the automated extraction of rar,zip... archives when the download is finished. I would like to disable this feature, this is really annoying on my side but I haven't found anything related to this in settings.json. Is there something to do?

• 1 month later...

I have successfully setup transmission to work with Sonarr and Radarr. The only problem is that both sonarr and radarr cant find the downloaded files because they are still packed in RAR files. Can anyone enlighten on me on how to get transmission to handle this? Or to use another program to automatically unpack rar files in the completed downloads folder?

Thanks

6 hours ago, molesza said:

I have successfully setup transmission to work with Sonarr and Radarr. The only problem is that both sonarr and radarr cant find the downloaded files because they are still packed in RAR files. Can anyone enlighten on me on how to get transmission to handle this? Or to use another program to automatically unpack rar files in the completed downloads folder?

Thanks

I found this script and put in my config folder, then added the following items to my settings.json

"script-torrent-done-enabled": true,
    "script-torrent-done-filename": "/config/unrar.sh",

Edited by smdion
  • 4 weeks later...

I noticed, that my blocklist isn't being used anymore. Log says:

[2017-07-31 16:41:38.773] Couldn't read "/config/blocklists/blocklist.bin": No such device (blocklist.c:89)

The file/folder exists (in /mnt/user/appdata/transmission, is accessible from within the container (I checked it from the container's shell) and an update also updates it and the log states how many entries the file has. Reinstalling the container didn't solve the issue (I kept my settings but deleted the blocklist folder before to make sure it gets created anew).

Any ideas?

• 2 months later...

Hi, thanks for this awesome docker, but lately I've got "Error: unable to resume file. No file descriptors available"

Tried to google but never get the answers.

From the log I got this

[2017-10-25 18:01:39.649] Somebigfiles Tracker error: "Tracker gave HTTP response code 0 (No Response)" (torrent.c:581)

The other one is this one

[2017-10-25 18:01:11.648] filename.mkv Scrape error: Could not connect to tracker (announcer.c:1279)

50 minutes ago, sevenz said:

Hi, thanks for this awesome docker, but lately I've got "Error: unable to resume file. No file descriptors available"

Tried to google but never get the answers.

From the log I got this

[2017-10-25 18:01:39.649] Somebigfiles Tracker error: "Tracker gave HTTP response code 0 (No Response)" (torrent.c:581)

The other one is this one

[2017-10-25 18:01:11.648] filename.mkv Scrape error: Could not connect to tracker (announcer.c:1279)

The errors seem to indicate an issue connecting with your tracker. Perhaps they are down.

Have you tried searching on the transmission website? The dockers here are just containers for the applications and the applications themselves were not developed by anyone here. The applications typically have their own support websites.

Ahh alright, since googling didnt get me anything, and I cant find anything on No file descriptors available, so I thought of heading here.

Thanks! Will try the transmission forum.

EDIT: 

I solved this problem by stopping other torrents. Dunno why, but this error appears if i start seed more than 11 torrents.

From the transmission forum. This is how I solved it too. But I want to seed stuff until ratio: 1, guess I`ll try deluge.

Edited by sevenz
15 minutes ago, sevenz said:

Ahh alright, since googling didnt get me anything, and I cant find anything on No file descriptors available, so I thought of heading here.

Thanks! Will try the transmission forum.

EDIT: 

From the transmission forum. This is how I solved it too. But I want to seed stuff until ratio: 1, guess I`ll try deluge.

You are running out of file descriptors.... this is usually solved by running some commands before the docker is started

# sysctl -w fs.file-max=1616812

You can place this in the go file. I don't know if the Tips and Tweaks Plugin can set that for you.

Caveat: The number is the default max on my system and I never had to override it and I run Transmission with a bunch of seeds.

Tou can get the current value with

# sysctl fs.file-max