[Support] Linuxserver.io - Transmission

• 3 weeks later...

I used to use Docker to manage my watch folder, but with the recent unplesantness I made the switch to the resilio-sync docker. It works great, except Transmission doesn't see any changes until I restart the docker. Sync does add the files to the watch folder so the problem is somehow with Transmission, but I've no idea what it could be. Any ideas?

48 minutes ago, emmcee said:

I used to use Docker to manage my watch folder, but with the recent unplesantness I made the switch to the resilio-sync docker. It works great, except Transmission doesn't see any changes until I restart the docker. Sync does add the files to the watch folder so the problem is somehow with Transmission, but I've no idea what it could be. Any ideas?

Where is the watch folder?

5 hours ago, trurl said:

Where is the watch folder?

I haven't actually used this feature of transmission for a while, maybe not ever with this container. I just tried it and the only way I can get it to pick up a torrent in the watch folder is to restart the container. Looking inside the container it doesn't look like it has inotify capability which I assume is what would trigger it when a new file is added.

• Upvote 1

I apologize if this has been asked before, but how do you pipe the traffic out from this docker to a VPN?  I know other people include VPN settings in the docker setup but I would rather use the Linuxserver dockers and its not clear how this works for the torrent dockers.  Thanks in advance.

• 3 months later...

I'm trying out unRAID and just installed my first Docker image: Transmission. It looks like it was installed successfully. So I attempted to add a torrent just to try it out. The torrent shows up in the web UI for Transmission but doesn't actually download anything. It shows 0 of 0 peers but I know there are active peers for this torrent. I have the download pointed to a downloads share and it created its own "complete" and "incomplete" directories there so I think I have the share mapping correct. uPnP is enabled on my router. When I look in the log I can see a virtual ethernet interface going from the blocking state to the forwarding state so I think there is network connectivity to the Docker image. I can ping google.com from the Transmission's Docker console. I don't have any restrictive outbound traffic rules on my router.

I'm pretty adept at Linux but this is my first foray in to Docker so I'm at a loss where to look to figure this out.

Here is the output from the Docker installation:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='transmission' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/Phoenix" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '9091:9091/tcp' -p '51413:51413/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/downloads/':'/downloads':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/transmission':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/transmission' 
7299a381bdf78b13f6869c43db6afced0af9ac53aa22519f20be8806f88ba507

Edited by Jon_Hanson
Adding Docker run output
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2018 at 2:50 PM, BelgarionNL said:

Hi running latest the latest docker image of transmission together with the latest version of unraid and I see a linear increase in memory usage in grafana.

see attached image.

how can I fix this? all help is appreciated thx.

Capture.PNG

I saw the same thing, Transmission memory leak over time.  My server would become unresponsive every so often and I'd have to reboot.  Turns out it was Transmission chewing up tons of memory, as can be seen in Grafana.

I fixed this with a recommendation found on these forums.

What I couldn't figure out at first was *where* to put in the '--memory=xG' limit I wanted in place.

I had to flip the toggle switch for  "Basic View / Advanced View" in the upper right, while editing the Transmission Docker.  Then there was an empty field for "Extra Parameters:" where I could put in --memory=4G

I'll let this run a while and see if the system stays stable, and if Transmission can function still when it hits the limit I put on it.

Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 2.28.31 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have issues with my first docker app: Transmission.

I cannot manage to make settings saved: I have installed the docker, then just go in the preferences in the webview change few things and restart the container --> Preferences are reverted to defaults.

I tried reinstall the container using "priviledged" setting without luck.

I also tried the "Docker Safe New Perms" and the "Fix Common Problems' plugin but no error founds. 

Could you please tell me what I am doing wrong? Is it a permission issue? How to correct it ?

Thanks

One other issue: I mapped the path /downloads -> /mnt/user/Media/Downloads/ but when I start a download I have an error: No space left on device (/downloads/xxxxxxxxxxx.mkv) --> I have 120gb left and the download is 4gb

Container config:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='transmission' --net='bridge' --privileged=true -e TZ="Europe/Paris" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '9091:9091/tcp' -p '51413:51413/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/Media/Downloads/':'/downloads':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Media/Downloads/_Watch/':'/watch':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/transmission':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/transmission' 
c5ae215adda4c5875af4e91665f328ef2ae6402653cd376429cfe61f835bc229

Edited by yendi
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This seems to be a lengthy thread but I wanted to see if anyone could offer some insight. I am currently trying to throttle my bandwidth so I do not saturate my network or my server. Currently when I download something large, The rest of my dockers take a hit in performance. Transmission does not seem to use the settings I am using to throttle my bandwidth to help alleviate this saturation. Has anyone else experienced this behavior? Am I doing something wrong?

image.png.f581363416ae4121fe8fb52722635a9c.png

On 8/12/2019 at 4:03 AM, RogueWolf33 said:

This seems to be a lengthy thread but I wanted to see if anyone could offer some insight. I am currently trying to throttle my bandwidth so I do not saturate my network or my server. Currently when I download something large, The rest of my dockers take a hit in performance. Transmission does not seem to use the settings I am using to throttle my bandwidth to help alleviate this saturation. Has anyone else experienced this behavior? Am I doing something wrong?

image.png.f581363416ae4121fe8fb52722635a9c.png

Try it with lower peer connection in the next tab.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the memory leak issue why my docker containers end up giving me an error when trying to restart them after I discover they've stopped when being away from the computer?

I'm new to Unraid. Got 26-27 days left on my trial. Could be my drives also.. they go from having a healthy S.M.A.R.T. staus to unhealthy and back again. Data is backed up elsewhere, just have some for the trial.

On 8/29/2019 at 11:19 PM, SLNetworks said:

Is the memory leak issue why my docker containers end up giving me an error when trying to restart them after I discover they've stopped when being away from the computer?

I'm new to Unraid. Got 26-27 days left on my trial. Could be my drives also.. they go from having a healthy S.M.A.R.T. staus to unhealthy and back again. Data is backed up elsewhere, just have some for the trial.

Havent heard about any problems you mentioned.

My Docker is running smooth - you may check your drives.

I'm having an issue where unraid is saying there's an update available for linuxserver/transmission:latest, but when I apply the update it's the same version that's already installed. After the "install" the update prompt goes away until I check for docker updates again, at which point I'm prompted to update again. I tried uninstalling and installing the docker via community apps, but the problem persists. Has anyone run into this or have any ideas to fix it?

EDIT: I should also mention that this isn't happening for any of my other docker containers.

Edited by kpereira
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2019 at 7:56 AM, kpereira said:

I'm having an issue where unraid is saying there's an update available for linuxserver/transmission:latest, but when I apply the update it's the same version that's already installed. After the "install" the update prompt goes away until I check for docker updates again, at which point I'm prompted to update again. I tried uninstalling and installing the docker via community apps, but the problem persists. Has anyone run into this or have any ideas to fix it?

EDIT: I should also mention that this isn't happening for any of my other docker containers.

same issue with you, there must be some thing wrong.

Edited by rallos_hoo