unRAID Server Release 6.1.4 Available

limetech

There are 2 drive issues, so this is not related to the update.  I can't conclude much from the excerpt, but here's a few observations.

There are no clues as to the identity of the drive associated with ata25.00, except that it is connected to the 3rd port of a 4 port SAS card.  Twice it has ICRC errors, which are usually from faulty SATA cables, but could also be faulty power.  After each, there are one or more HSM Violations.  It appears one side of the link is retrying writes and the other side is not expecting them, is expecting something else, so they are clearly out of sync.  A hard reset fixes it.  You probably only have to identify the drive and replace its SATA cable.

The drive associated with ata8.00 has a bad sector (perhaps it's the one you're replacing?).  It's probably sdi, is connected to the 2nd port of an 8 port card.

Thanks for taking a look, I appreciate you taking a look..

Yeah, the sdi is the failing drive I was trying to migrate data off...  The ata25 is on a 3rd SAS2LP card I installed recently using an external SAS enclosure so there may be something strange with the external cabling.. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent job with this release.  SASLP user, with system that was put together with budget parts almost 8 years ago.  Parity check back to "normal" speeds, and completely anecdotally with no empirical data to backup the claim, my system seems to be "peppier" than it has been in a long time.  Less hesitation when navigating through directories mayabe? 

I was going to upgrade my mobo and cpu to fix the performance issues I was seeing, but now I don't really need to.  Is it weird that this makes me a bit sad???

This release is showing all the disks connected to my Areca RAID card as SMART warning red. It is reading them as spun down when they are in fact all spun up.

Can you post the result of command:

smartctl -n standby -H /dev/sdX

X = drive designation

Both when the disk is spun up and spun down.

Just noticed that under the share tab none of my shares are showing up.  I can see them on the main page..  and I can access them on the local net..  Any idea?

Are you using Internet Explorer or Edge? If so change to view "non-tabbed" (see Settings -> Display Settings) or alternatively use another browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

Just noticed that under the share tab none of my shares are showing up.  I can see them on the main page..  and I can access them on the local net..  Any idea?

Are you using Internet Explorer or Edge? If so change to view "non-tabbed" (see Settings -> Display Settings) or alternatively use another browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

I am using safari..  I have rolled back to 6.1.3 and they show up fine in safari.  disk shares is showing up just not user shares.. Just verified they are shooing up in IE so it must be something that is not working in safari.  Tabs was already turned off

I am using safari..  I have rolled back to 6.1.3 and they show up fine in safari.  disk shares is showing up just not user shares.. Just verified they are shooing up in IE so it must be something that is not working in safari.  Tabs was already turned off

I'm not having any trouble viewing user shares in Safari on my system. I don't think it's a problem with 6.1.4.

After the upgrade do a clear browser cache, see if that helps.

After the update I got 2 of my previously fine drives showing SMART warnings (hdd1 and cache).

Also shares are not showing up on the according page, too (have cleared browser cache).

Reverting to 6.1.3 brought back the all is fine green thumb up.

Did you change the smartctl tools dramatically?

After the update I got 2 of my previously fine drives showing SMART warnings (hdd1 and cache).

Also shares are not showing up on the according page, too (have cleared browser cache).

I have made some changes in the dashboard page for reporting of the SMART status. Previously there was only thumbs UP or DOWN, but now added a WARNING level too. I guess it needs a bit more fine tuning, see also this topic.

Are you using some RAID controller to connect your disks?

Which browser are you using?

This release is showing all the disks connected to my Areca RAID card as SMART warning red. It is reading them as spun down when they are in fact all spun up.

Can you post the result of command:

smartctl -n standby -H /dev/sdX

X = drive designation

Both when the disk is spun up and spun down.

My original report was incomplete. How I decided that the disk was spun down was when I clicked on the red SMART icon and got to SMART page. There was a button there to spin up the drive with text "drive is spun down...". Clicking that had no effect and text did not change. The drive was spun up at the time as I had just rebooted after the update to 6.1.4.

Today my disks are all sleeping and no SMART icons are displayed. Here is output you requested on disk1 (spun down at this time)

root@Tower:~# smartctl -n standby -H /dev/sdg
smartctl 6.2 2013-07-26 r3841 [x86_64-linux-4.1.13-unRAID] (local build)
Copyright (C) 2002-13, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, www.smartmontools.org

=== START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION ===
SMART Health Status: OK

Ran same command after waking up disk1 (red SMART icon now showing) and got the same response.

=== START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION ===
SMART Health Status: OK

After the upgrade do a clear browser cache, see if that helps.

Cleared the Cache and still unable to see the users share.

I have made some changes in the dashboard page for reporting of the SMART status. Previously there was only thumbs UP or DOWN, but now added a WARNING level too. I guess it needs a bit more fine tuning, see also this topic.

I use my onboard SATA controller. What might help is the HDD (Seagate 8TB Archive v2) i am using:

https://www.smartmontools.org/ticket/551 the value 188 seems vendor specific..

Browser is latest Chrome stable

I use my onboard SATA controller. What might help is the HDD (Seagate 8TB Archive v2) i am using:

https://www.smartmontools.org/ticket/551 the value 188 seems vendor specific..

Browser is latest Chrome stable

You may want to try the updated version (currently under test). See this topic

Upgraded without problem.

Parity check speed (95 MB/s) is better than before (with my old tunables settings), thanks for the fix.

For some time unraid cant compute my parity check time and speed. There is no log rotation. Has anybody have an idea about this issue?

Nov 22 23:43:37 Tower kernel: md: recovery thread woken up ...
Nov 22 23:43:37 Tower kernel: md: recovery thread checking parity...
Nov 22 23:43:37 Tower kernel: md: using 9024k window, over a total of 2930266532 blocks.
Nov 23 08:54:19 Tower kernel: md: recovery thread sync completion status: 0

23-11-2015 08:55	unRAID Parity check	Notice [TOWER] - Parity check finished (0 errors)	Duration:
Average speed: 0.0 B/sec	normal		
22-11-2015 23:44	unRAID Parity check	Notice [TOWER] - Parity check started	Parity size: 3 TB	warning

Since I upgraded to this release I get the following notifications:

Event: Docker high image disk utilization

Subject: Warning [TOWER] - Docker image disk utilization of 80%

Description: Docker utilization of image file

Importance: warning

And it grows by 1% every 25 minutes. I am not even using Docker?

Duppie

Since I upgraded to this release I get the following notifications:

Event: Docker high image disk utilization

Subject: Warning [TOWER] - Docker image disk utilization of 80%

Description: Docker utilization of image file

Importance: warning

And it grows by 1% every 25 minutes. I am not even using Docker?

Duppie

Is there a docker tab on your menu bar?  If there is, and you're definitely not running any applications, then you should disable docker within the settings.