unRAID Server Release 6.1.4 Available

limetech

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, I also had the "Docker high image disk utilization" problem on v6.1.3 but I am running unRAID as a VM under ESXi in a VMDK file (& unRAID USB), which is an officially unsupported configuration.  My understanding is that bare metal is the only supported unRAID configuration.  I have pfSense and other Windows utility VMs under ESXi so I haven't migrated to bare metal.

Anyway, prior to upgrading to v6.1.3, I was running v6.0.1 with no issues.  In v6.0.1, I was running a Plex docker and everything was copacetic.  When I upgraded bzroot and bzimage to v6.1.3, I started having the Docker high utilization issue which had the same rapid growth characteristics and caused the web GUI to be unusable and corrupted my hourly notifications.  Luckily I saved a copy of v6.0.1 and reverted back, everything is good on back on v6.0.1.  On v.6.1.3, I was having trouble disabling/deleting my docker.img file but ultimately did so by command line.

My plan is eventually to do a clean install of v6.1.4 and copy over the critical config files, shares, key, etc.  I'll have to see if I can migrate my pfSense and Win7 VMs into KVM and run unRAID as bare metal.

@moose your issue is the dockers you run are not properly configured and this causing high disk usage inside the docker image.  Plex and other programs that transcode or use a lot of temp files need special care when setting up.

Ok, thanks BRiT!  I'll meticulously review the Docker FAQs (Docker 101) first and give it another try to see if I can eliminate the high Docker utilization on v6.1.4.  Thinking about some of the steps I tried previously on v6.1.3 to troubleshoot/rectify the high Docker utilization, I did switch my Plex transcode directory to a location outside the Docker image but it didn't see to work.  I might have not set things properly with Docker and/or Plex (or something might have become corrupted).

(I may untimately go bare metal but would prefer to hold off a bit on that until I research porting a pfSense VM to KVM.)

For some time unraid cant compute my parity check time and speed. There is no log rotation. Has anybody have an idea about this issue?

Can you post a syslog which has the erroneous information?

Syslog is attached, thanks for your time.

Ok, I've made an update which corrects this issue. Furthermore there is an enhancement added which stores parity check times to the flash device. This allows the GUI to remember the status of the last parity check after a system reboot (plus a history is kept).

For some time unraid cant compute my parity check time and speed. There is no log rotation. Has anybody have an idea about this issue?

Ok, I've made an update which corrects this issue. Furthermore there is an enhancement added which stores parity check times to the flash device. This allows the GUI to remember the status of the last parity check after a system reboot (plus a history is kept).

Wow thanks for the fast update. I cant see an update in the plugins section? Does we have to wait for the next Unraid version (6.1.5 or 6.2)?

Wow thanks for the fast update. I cant see an update in the plugins section? Does we have to wait for the next Unraid version (6.1.5 or 6.2)?

bonienl likes to tease us with stuff we can't have yet. ;D

Can you also store the unraid version along with the parity check times? This may be useful monitoring the SASLP issues and other parity check / rebuild issues that may pop up in v6.2

hi, I just upgraded and now my kvm doesnt work.

root@Silencio:~# modprobe kvm_intel
modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'kvm_intel': Operation not supported
root@Silencio:~# modprobe kvm_amd
modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'kvm_amd': Operation not supported
root@Silencio:~# dmesg | grep kvm
kvm: no hardware support

root@Silencio:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor	: 0
vendor_id	: GenuineIntel
cpu family	: 6
model		: 58
model name	: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1230 V2 @ 3.30GHz
stepping	: 9
microcode	: 0x15
cpu MHz		: 3292.616
cache size	: 8192 KB
physical id	: 0
siblings	: 8
core id		: 0
cpu cores	: 4
apicid		: 0
initial apicid	: 0
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 13
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu de tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mca cmov pat clflush acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht syscall nx lm constant_tsc rep_good nopl nonstop_tsc eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq monitor est ssse3 cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand hypervisor lahf_lm ida arat epb pln pts dtherm fsgsbase erms xsaveopt
bugs		:
bogomips	: 6585.23
clflush size	: 64
cache_alignment	: 64
address sizes	: 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:

Model: N/A
M/B: ASRock - H77 Pro4/MVP
CPU: Intel® Xeon® CPU E3-1230 V2 @ 3.30GHz
HVM: Not Available
IOMMU: Not Available
Cache: 1024 kB, 256 kB, 8192 kB
Memory: 16384 MB (max. installable capacity 32 GB)
Network: bond0: fault-tolerance (active-backup)
eth0: 1000Mb/s - Full Duplex
eth1: not connected
eth2: not connected
Kernel: Linux 4.1.13-unRAID x86_64
OpenSSL: 1.0.1p
Uptime:

i'm quite sure my cpu and m/b have vt-d support even though theres no vmx in that cpu flag somehow.. Now I lost my ftp and webserver.

i'm quite sure my cpu and m/b have vt-d support even though theres no vmx in that cpu flag somehow.. Now I lost my ftp and webserver.

Your CPU certainly does, but I don't see anywhere on the motherboards spec sheets to say it does.  I wouldn't expect H77 to do so.  VT-d is usually kept to the Q and C series chipsets (officially). 

hi, I just upgraded and now my kvm doesnt work.

root@Silencio:~# modprobe kvm_intel
modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'kvm_intel': Operation not supported
root@Silencio:~# modprobe kvm_amd
modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'kvm_amd': Operation not supported
root@Silencio:~# dmesg | grep kvm

root@Silencio:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor	: 0
vendor_id	: GenuineIntel
cpu family	: 6
model		: 58
model name	: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1230 V2 @ 3.30GHz
stepping	: 9
microcode	: 0x15
cpu MHz		: 3292.616
cache size	: 8192 KB
physical id	: 0
siblings	: 8
core id		: 0
cpu cores	: 4
apicid		: 0
initial apicid	: 0
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 13
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu de tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mca cmov pat clflush acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht syscall nx lm constant_tsc rep_good nopl nonstop_tsc eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq monitor est ssse3 cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand hypervisor lahf_lm ida arat epb pln pts dtherm fsgsbase erms xsaveopt
bugs		:
bogomips	: 6585.23
clflush size	: 64
cache_alignment	: 64
address sizes	: 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:

Model: N/A
M/B: ASRock - H77 Pro4/MVP
CPU: Intel® Xeon® CPU E3-1230 V2 @ 3.30GHz
HVM: Not Available
IOMMU: Not Available
Cache: 1024 kB, 256 kB, 8192 kB
Memory: 16384 MB (max. installable capacity 32 GB)
Network: bond0: fault-tolerance (active-backup)
eth0: 1000Mb/s - Full Duplex
eth1: not connected
eth2: not connected
Kernel: Linux 4.1.13-unRAID x86_64
OpenSSL: 1.0.1p
Uptime:

Your motherboard definitely supports vt-d, got the same motherboard and am sending this message from my VM with gfx passthrough.

Updated to 6.1.4 yesterday with no issues, but,

Went to add a new container today. White screen, no progress. Waited 15+ minutes, nothing. Opened webgui in new browser window, would not connect. I was able to SSH in and issue powerdown -r to reboot my server. I was able to grab the diagnostics file, but I was very surprised looking at the logs this docker error was not mentioned.

Clean booted and replicated the exact same issue. I also tried to update a container that I already had installed, and crashed yet again.

Downgraded to 6.1.3 and everything is fine now. I guess I'll wait till 6.2.x or 6.1.5

Went to add a new container today. White screen, no progress. Waited 15+ minutes, nothing. Opened webgui in new browser window, would not connect. I was able to SSH in and issue powerdown -r to reboot my server. I was able to grab the diagnostics file, but I was very surprised looking at the logs this docker error was not mentioned.

Clean booted and replicated the exact same issue. I also tried to update a container that I already had installed, and crashed yet again.

Downgraded to 6.1.3 and everything is fine now. I guess I'll wait till 6.2.x or 6.1.5

White screen doesn't mean crash. It is still installing and the webgui is unresponsive until the install is completed.

Just wait until it is done, the progress screen will appear and the guinwill be reaponsive again.

Limetech is aware of the issue and it will be fixed in 6.2

I installed several dockers the last couple of day while on 6.1.4. Everytime it started with a white screen but eventually after waiting several minutes it came back and the docker was installed.