Is there a SickBeard Setup guide for noob?

Legacy85

Hi All - I am a total noob to all of this - lot of this is going way over my head already... But i am determined to get everything setup ... I read about SickBeard and really want to set it up for automation with something like sabnzbd ... I found this link: https://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Setting_Up_SABnzbd,_SickBeard,_and_CouchPotato which was detailed and really cool - I followed the steps but it messed up my flash drive because I guess the files were to old.. So I had to delete the plugins from the flash drive and the Array stopped - Now I am back to Parity-Check in progress .... So is there a guide for SickBeard someone can point me to? Hopefully with Sabnzbd or something similar for automation just for TV shows...

Pls and Thank You

Suggest Sonarr over Sickbeard since no scripts are required for automation with sab.  Using a 'verified' plugin or a Docker makes no difference so choose what you are comfortable working with.  There is one plugin vs probably a half dozen Dockers that supposedly are the same, but each different in some way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The guide link doesn't work anymore. Any other guides available?  I've been searching for a few days now.

If your question is about setting up the script for Sickbeard to work with Sab, might I suggest trying out Sonarr.  Sonarr will not need a script to work with Sab as it will interact using Sab's API and the category setting.

The guide link doesn't work anymore. Any other guides available?  I've been searching for a few days now.

If your question is about setting up the script for Sickbeard to work with Sab, might I suggest trying out Sonarr.  Sonarr will not need a script to work with Sab as it will interact using Sab's API and the category setting.

I usually do all the TV Shows download by hand.  However, I am trying to set something up where this gets down automatically.  A friend of mine advised me to use sickbeard, Sab and couchpotato to accomplish this.  So, I've been trying to find a "HOW TO" thread for a newbie, but it appears this doesn't exist.

There are two parts to what you're trying to do:

[*]Install the relevant apps on Unraid - Either docker/plugin

[*]How to use said apps - That is not an Unraid thing per se, more of a general thing and here is not necessarily the right place to support this, but rather the apps support forums.

There is no guide to taking you from not having a clue to a fully working setup that I know of. 

At the moment focus on number 1 then you can work on number 2.

There is lots of information around on how to do the first. Look in trurl's signature for tips on how to search.

Community Applications is the only way I'd recommend anyone installs anything nowadays.

All the content is available for install via other means, but CA makes it incredibly easy to find and install dockers/plugins.

Squid put a lot of work into getting this up and running, and it's been a huge improvement on the old ways.

Community Applications is the only way I'd recommend anyone installs anything nowadays.

All the content is available for install via other means, but CA makes it incredibly easy to find and install dockers/plugins.

Squid put a lot of work into getting this up and running, and it's been a huge improvement on the old ways.

I agree.  Excellent work on CA.  I've noticed that there are some plugins that repeat themselves with different Authors, (for example sickbeard by Phaze, needo, linuxserver).  How do you know, which one is the best updated version to download/install?

I agree.  Excellent work on CA.  I've noticed that there are some plugins that repeat themselves with different Authors, (for example sickbeard by Phaze, needo, linuxserver).  How do you know, which one is the best updated version to download/install?

Best bet is to look at the support threads and see which ones you're most comfortable with.  Myself, I would go with either linuxserver.io or binhex

Barring that, you second best bet would be to ask this:

8ball.jpg

Best bet is to look at the support threads and see which ones you're most comfortable with.  Myself, I would go with either linuxserver.io or binhex

Barring that, you second best bet would be to ask this:

8ball.jpg

Thanks for heads up.