What torrent downloader works best with CP and Sonarr?

jang430

I've been using deluge as a downloader for both CP and Sonarr.  I noticed that a lot of torrent files download very slow, and seldom finish on time.  The same torrent being downloaded by torrent on my Windows desktop will finish without pause.  Ports are opened correctly.

Furthermore, I also have some concerns regarding deluge as a downloader:

1. the seeding ratio seldom stops short of my pre-defined .01 upload, e.g. .008, therefore, it doesn't remove the torrent from the list.

2. for some reason, when a finished download is still in the seeding process, and suddenly, unraid or deluge has to be restarted, the torrent downloads all over again, this time around, it overwrites the completed file (which was moved to a different folder, e.g. /deluge/completed/downloads) instead of downloading the file again at a temporary pre-defined folder, e.g. /deluge/incomplete/downloads.  This not only takes up bandwidth all over again, at the same time, renders the previously downloaded file unwatchable. 

How many are experiencing the same problems as I do?  What do you use to automate download from CP and Sonarr?

Ockingshay, thanks for the reply. I see that transmission doesn't have label.  How do you separate movie downloads into individual folders from TV? I ask because I need to have sonarr and couchpotato do completed download handling. Or is this no longer necessary? Will  sonarr and couchpotato monitor their individual downloads?

Ockingshay, thanks for the reply. I see that transmission doesn't have label.  How do you separate movie downloads into individual folders from TV? I ask because I need to have sonarr and couchpotato do completed download handling. Or is this no longer necessary? Will  sonarr and couchpotato monitor their individual downloads?

The destination is set within cp and I presume sonarr. I use sickrage and it also has this setting. In cp it's under settings->downloader->directory.

There is also nothing stopping you from running multiple simultaneous instances of transmission. I have 3 running for various reasons  :)

I have been using uTorrent docker successfully for months now. You can search this forum for my link or search docker sites for "softvisio/utserver:latest"

Add to this uTorrent easy client in Chrome and you are well covered.

It covers everything you are looking for and I am yet to find something its not compatible with. My up time is over 90 days by the way. What I would say is that it can become a little unresponsive when your download que exceeds 500.

Does it notify sonarr of completions and delete completed torrents? Thanks

I have Sonarr looking at the Drone Factory folder which will then process downloaded shows. However, Sonarr won't remove the torrents from rtorrent.

Mine does.

IF Sonarr snatches the show it will manage it start to end. These ones get saved /downloads/tv

IF i manually pop one up Sonarr monitors drone factory. These ones get saved to /downloads/tv-manual