[Support] Linuxserver.io - daapd

On 12/12/2015 at 6:46 AM, Ockingshay said:

1) Launch remote app on iDevice

2) Settings -> Add an iTunes Library

3) Make sure this is left open at all times

4) Browse to your docker log location, in my example /mnt/cache/dockerapps/daapd/dbase_and_logs/forked-daapd.log

5) Launch Docker

6) Check log for:

remote: Discovered remote 'iPad' (id F2BB4AC0....) at 192.168.0.251:57629......

7) Create a plain text file with 2 lines. First line being is the code that is displayed on the iDevice. Second line the name that's been discovered. In my case iPad (no quote marks).

8 ) Name the file as iPad.remote (what you call it doesn't matter, but the extension has to be .remote)

9) Save that file to the folder that holds all your music. In my case /mnt/user/music

10) Restart Docker

• 2 weeks later...

building forked daapd from master and attempting to use it results in constant crashing and restarting of the service rendering it useless

the release build of 25 does not contain webui and trying to access 3689 results in asking for user/login 

the current build uses that port in this manner (ie not for webui) https://github.com/ejurgensen/forked-daapd/blob/25.0/README.md#command-line-and-web-interface

58 minutes ago, squirrellydw said:

ok, then how do I know when it's done scanning my music?  Sorry for the dumb questions

Watch the log file.

You will also need to pair your device(s), which is done by attempting to connect to the library on the device, watching the log file for the response, and adding a text file named .remote with your device pairing code into the root of your music library.

3 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Watch the log file.

You will also need to pair your device(s), which is done by attempting to connect to the library on the device, watching the log file for the response, and adding a text file named .remote with your device pairing code into the root of your music library.

Ok I got it setup and working with iTunes but I don't understand how to use the remote app or set that up

cancel that, figured it out

Edited by squirrellydw
  • 1 month later...
On 02/03/2018 at 6:04 PM, TMarczin said:

Hi,

I have a problem, that since the last update daapd keeps restarting for no apparent reason as soon as a client tries to connect. Has anyone else noticed this or is there a problem on my side?

Thanks!

It’s an issue with daapd, or at least the version currently available for this docker.

Remote devices fetching album art while browsing are crashing the app.

Detail in last couple of pages of this thread.

Just now, tjb_altf4 said:

It’s an issue with daapd, or at least the version currently available for this docker.

Remote devices fetching album art while browsing are crashing the app.

Detail in last couple of pages of this thread.

v26 crashes almost immediately in alpine and after about ten seconds of playing any music in itunes with a test rebase to ubuntu xenial

i'm gonna raise an issue with forked-daapd dev 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the tips, I've read the previous comments in the thread, but they all seemed to be iOS related. I'm trying to connect with mac and PC versions of iTunes.

Is there a way to roll back the server to an earlier version temporarily? Everything was working fine a few weeks ago. I believe  it was version 25.0.

2 hours ago, TMarczin said:

Thanks for the tips, I've read the previous comments in the thread, but they all seemed to be iOS related. I'm trying to connect with mac and PC versions of iTunes.

Is there a way to roll back the server to an earlier version temporarily? Everything was working fine a few weeks ago. I believe  it was version 25.0.

Figured it out, thank you! The Metal Machine is fully operational once again :)  (running version 125 for anyone interested, will return to latest as soon as possible)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...