[Request] Duplicati

mr007

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I've tested Duplicati before but decided against it as it does not encrypt filenames. That's a must for me. Honestly, it was really difficult to find one backup solution out of the many that had just the handful of features I wanted.

I just did a test run to acd and it encrypts the filenames.  I'd love to get this working with unRAID

I don't particularly need to run this, but took a quick look in curiosity.

It's pretty simple to get it running on Unraid, but I can't speak as to how functional it'll be, that's for you guys to decide.

Basically looking at the instructions:

docker run --rm -it \
    -v /root/.config/Duplicati/:/root/.config/Duplicati/ \
    -v /data:/data \
    -e DUPLICATI_PASS=duplicatiPass \
    -e MONO_EXTERNAL_ENCODINGS=UTF-8 \
    -p 8200:8200 \
    intersoftlab/duplicati:canary

--rm = remove the container when exits (Not sure we want that) But if you did then you could add it into the extra parameters box

-it = open an interactive pseudoterminal (Not sure why with a webui) But if you did then you could add it into the extra parameters box

-v /root/.config/Duplicati/:/root/.config/Duplicati/ = map a volume host:container therefore I would suggest -v /mnt/cache/appdata/duplicati:/root/.config/Duplicati

-v /data:/data = map a volume host:container therefore I would suggest -v /mnt/user/share:/data

-e DUPLICATI_PASS=duplicatiPass = Set webui password

e MONO_EXTERNAL_ENCODINGS=UTF-8 = Encoding - Leave at UTF-8

-p 8200:8200 = Port mapping container:port

intersoftlab/duplicati:canary = dockerhub repository/image:tag

Pasting all that into Unraid:

jY0FXvS.png

And hey presto...

K20cj0B.png

You will probarly get some error while uploading, some user error.

I did at least get it when I tried it yesterday uploading to Onedrive.

Edit: This error did I get.

System.ArgumentException: invalid user id

If someone else (or if you still have it installed CHBMB), it would be nice if you could try this, and see if this works for you.

You will probarly get some error while uploading, some user error.

I did at least get it when I tried it yesterday uploading to Onedrive.

Edit: This error did I get.

System.ArgumentException: invalid user id

If someone else (or if you still have it installed CHBMB), it would be nice if you could try this, and see if this works for you.

I don't, and have no real need for it, the rest is up to you boys...  ;)

I have tested this as well, and it seems to do backups well (with encrypted filenames). Restore works fine as well. The errors you see, are permission issues. Could be fixed by creating a proper docker container. I might give this a go...

I hope you do.

Are the permission issues show-stoppers, or can I continue trying this out?  I'm trying to make a choice between this and rclone

• 1 month later...

Was this ever taken further? Using rclone right now but wondering if Duplicati might be more user friendly to control and monitor.

The one in this thread works fine. It's not "unRAID" friendly in terms of template for CA. But you can still use it with some manual setup. I've not had time to look further at it, as I'm leaning towards rclone

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...