Cannot view logs from webgui anymore

Waseh

Hey Guys

The last couple of months i have been unable to view logs from the webgui on my pc including both the syslog and individual docker logs.

The popup windows open but then hangs with no information being displayed. I have somewhat of the same problem with plugins and dockers when updating them however data is displayed when the operation is done, but hangs until then.

I just updated to 6.1.6 and the whole webgui hanged until the update was done.

Any ideas as to why this is happening? Ive tried multiple browsers with the same result, however it does seem to be working correctly when using my phone which i find a bit strange.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Thing is im seeing this both in edge and chrome, and both in incognito mode and normal mode.

Running Windows 10 in safe mode fixes the problem, but i cant seem to narrow down what program or setting is causing the problem.

I guess it's some trial and error from here :)

Edit: Turns out it was bitdefender. Now to find the setting thats causing it!

• 2 years later...

Sorry to revive an old thread like this but did you ever figure out how to allow this through Bitdefender?  I have the same or at least very similar issue and also have Bitdefender.  I can open the syslog from the tools menu in the WebGUI but cant open the log from the shortcut next to Help and Info buttons and cant open the docker logs.  I get the pop-up window but it seems to be stuck loading and just displays a blank white page.  I have left it sitting for hours but nothing ever loads.  Whitelisting my unRAID server URL doesn't seem to help and accessing it from another PC without Bitdefender works as it should.

• 5 months later...

I know this is an older thread but, if anyone comes here looking for an answer to this here is how I fixed it. In bitdefender (maybe similar in other antivirus software) go to protection tab on the left side, then to Online Threat Prevention and click on Exceptions (not settings under Exceptions) and add the ip of your unraid server (or whatever address you put in the web browser address bar to access the gui) then click save. Cant promise this works for everyone but, it worked for me.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2019 at 1:14 AM, Dent_ said:

I know this is an older thread but, if anyone comes here looking for an answer to this here is how I fixed it. In bitdefender (maybe similar in other antivirus software) go to protection tab on the left side, then to Online Threat Prevention and click on Exceptions (not settings under Exceptions) and add the ip of your unraid server (or whatever address you put in the web browser address bar to access the gui) then click save. Cant promise this works for everyone but, it worked for me.

If Dent_'s solution above does not work for you, open your Bitdefender web browser TrafficLight extension and add your unRAID URL(not the IP) to the exception list there.  It is the TrafficLight extension which caused the crashes in my case.