[Apparently UNSOLVED] Preclear plugin Loads but "Start Preclear" link unresponsi

Unraid v6.1.4

Preclear.disk plugin version 2015.11.18

Preclear Script v 1.15

Installed the plugin

Put the 64 bit version of readvz in the root

Copied preclear_disk.sh to config/plugins/preclear_disk

Access preclear disk from settings and the following displays

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12412/20151203-kmeb-77kb.jpg

Sees the new disk, finds the script, displays the Start Preclear link.

Clicking the link does nothing.  Like its got "#" for the link value.

Help!  Want to use this, but its not happening!

As always, appreciate the assistance...

Jeff...

Update.  I needed to get this disk replaced, so I started preclear the old fashioned way via telnet.

Interesting to note that when I went back to my browser, I saw this!  The plugin recognized that preclear on the disk was in process...perhaps that is diagnostic.

I will preclear a 2nd disk as soon as this one completes...so if you have an update to the plugin or some diagnostic to try, I'd love to be a guinea pig...

FYI, I'm using the 46 build of Chrome (latest stable).

Jeff...

Update.  I needed to get this disk replaced, so I started preclear the old fashioned way via telnet.

Interesting to note that when I went back to my browser, I saw this!  The plugin recognized that preclear on the disk was in process...perhaps that is diagnostic.

I will preclear a 2nd disk as soon as this one completes...so if you have an update to the plugin or some diagnostic to try, I'd love to be a guinea pig...

Jeff...

The standard webGUI has built-in support for displaying the progress of preclear (it can be followed under Unassigned Devices).

Sure, but just to be clear, when I clicked on the "start preclear" link, nothing happened...

For how long? I've seen 20-30 second lags between a button push and the window finally opening.

Yep, I waited a long time to see a response.  I do web development, so I understand non-responsive links.  So not sure whats up as I can't see behind the link, but it was unresponsive...even after several minutes (I'd click and leave it alone)...

Jeff...

The standard webGUI has built-in support for displaying the progress of preclear (it can be followed under Unassigned Devices).

Ah, so it is, hadn't noticed that.  Thanks!

Sure, but just to be clear, when I clicked on the "start preclear" link, nothing happened...

For how long? I've seen 20-30 second lags between a button push and the window finally opening.

Yep, I waited a long time to see a response.  I do web development, so I understand non-responsive links.  So not sure whats up as I can't see behind the link, but it was unresponsive...even after several minutes (I'd click and leave it alone)...

A problem with the Plugin responding to the start button was reported by several users. If you do not see a response it might take several ( 20-30)

button presses to get a response. A work-around is to use IE for PreClear instead of other browsers.

The first response should be a set up screen before the Preclear starts.

• 3 weeks later...
A work-around is to use IE for PreClear instead of other browsers.

The first response should be a set up screen before the Preclear starts.

I tried a number of different browsers (IE, Firefox, WaterFox, Chrome, Safari, TOR) and all behaved exactly the same.  There's just nothing behind the link.

Then...yesterday I installed a new server (6.1.6) and preclear worked with no issues.  Other server at 6.1.4, so as soon as I can figure out the upgrade but (6.1.4 to 6.1.6 just hangs!), I'll see if that fixes the problem...

• 1 month later...

Adding a new 5TB drive to my system replacing a failing 2 TB drive.  Running latest versions of everything.  Back to the same issue I had at the beginning of this post.  Preclear load, all looks well, Start Preclear link is unresponsive. 

Just FYI, I tried Chrome, Edge, Waterfox - none of them worked.  Then I tried Safari and it worked without issue - include the fast preclear setting!

Has 6.1.7 broken the preclear script?  Does everyone use Safari!?!  ;)

Main screen -

20160203-ilpa-193kb.jpg

Preclear screen -

20160203-mbge-75kb.jpg

Odd.  Any thoughts on why it would ONLY work on Safari?  The only thing that has changed from before, is that to get it to work last time, upgrade to 6.1.6 and it work.  Recent upgrade to 6.1.7 and now it does not?  Could there be a problem with 6.1.7 and the plugin?  Not sure how to diagnose...

It's not a problem with Unraid as it would have failed for trurl and I.  Try clearing your browser cache?