Mobile Server to Ipad Streaming

kizer

I still catch my wife watching SD TV when the same program is on in HD.

That is the sadist thing I have heard all day  :'( SD is just nasty...

I had to have a conversation today to explain HD vs SD to my parents and then hear my wife say "I can't tell the difference!"  A little piece of my heart broke at that moment.  I may have to file for divorce, shame, quite liked her up until that point..  ;D

I understand your pain, I have heard those same words... My first thought is are you freaking BLIND! but then I reign in all of my disappointment and just shake my head.

I still catch my wife watching SD TV when the same program is on in HD.

That is the sadist thing I have heard all day  :'( SD is just nasty...

I had to have a conversation today to explain HD vs SD to my parents and then hear my wife say "I can't tell the difference!"  A little piece of my heart broke at that moment.  I may have to file for divorce, shame, quite liked her up until that point..  ;D

I understand your pain, I have heard those same words... My first thought is are you freaking BLIND! but then I reign in all of my disappointment and just shake my head.

What about this then:

Personally, I haven't bothered to switch my collection of 4000+ movies from DVD to BluRay, as I just don't see much difference in the visual quality on my 70" screen.    Ageing eyes may contribute to that, but the simple fact is DVDs are plenty "good enough".    If I wanted to pause frames and study them in detail -- count the leaves on a tree, etc. -- I'm sure BluRay would be better.    But it's not a transition I'll be making anytime soon.

What about this then:

Personally, I haven't bothered to switch my collection of 4000+ movies from DVD to BluRay, as I just don't see much difference in the visual quality on my 70" screen.    Ageing eyes may contribute to that, but the simple fact is DVDs are plenty "good enough".    If I wanted to pause frames and study them in detail -- count the leaves on a tree, etc. -- I'm sure BluRay would be better.    But it's not a transition I'll be making anytime soon.

count_the_leaves_by_alban_expressed-d5iqi9z.jpg

One... Two... Three...

Name and shame I say!  ;D

<cough>gary<cough>

<cough>gary<cough>

;D I see I'm not the only one who has paid attention to trurl's "How to search the forum guide"  ::)

<cough>gary<cough>

;D I see I'm not the only one who has paid attention to trurl's "How to search the forum guide"  ::)

I'm sure trurl will be glad that he helped out everyone here in a thread he never even posted in.... 8)

Actually, I didn't use forum search, I was pretty sure I remembered that post. Not too many people humble brag on the size of the screen they use to watch DVD quality rips.  ;D

:)  And that's exactly how I remembered it  :)  Had to search to find it again, but the post stuck out in my mind

Why not run Linux on the netbook and use the Linux Air Video server on that? You lose having to depend on Windows and all the associated bloat.

The original air video was brilliant on my older Unraid server and I use the HD version in a docker on my current server - a N54 HP.

Yeah I remember that! I still remember trying it the first time and being absolutely amazed that I was watching a video on my phone in bed, and getting frustrated that my then gf was not in the remotely bit impressed by it...

Airvideo is the best I have found so far. My mother uses it too via my server and she is 150 miles from me - given she is 75 years old I think that stands testament to how easy it is to use.

Looking forward to the (soonish) update for my new Ipad pro.