Help setting up Sabnzbd and Sick Beard?

Jawswing

Sorry if this isn't the relevant forum, I was a little unsure where to post this.

I've just set up my Unraid server. I literally have nothing on it at the moment. And I'm attempting to get Sab and Sick Beard set up, but, honestly I'm a little confused.

I've managed to get Sab set up and did a test download, which worked!

But then I've attempted to set up Sick Beard, and, honestly I feel a little out of depth with it. Spent my last two evenings trying to set it up, but I just can't do it.

So I'm here for a bit of help.

I've literally got nothing at all on my server at the moment. I've got the array, and a cache drive set up on there, and I'm using Unraid 6.1.5.

I've set up three shares for my array. Movies, Music and Television.

I've tried looking for guides, but most of them seem to be for the old plugins.

So, I'm going to start from scratch, delete the dockers and docker image and begin from the beginning if anyone is willing to help.

I had created a further share and set it to write to cache only, and called it Dockers as seen below.

So, where is the best place to install the image?

Currently I have it set to: /mnt/user/Dockers/docker.img

With Sab, where do I set the /config and /data paths?

Currently I have them set to: /mnt/user/Dockers/SAB/config and /mnt/user/Dockers/SAB/config/data

With Sickbeard, where do I set the /config /data and /media paths?

This is one of the bits that confused me the most, I've tried multiple different paths, but they're currently set to: /mnt/user/Dockers/SAB/ and /mnt/user/Dockers/SAB/config/Downloads/complete and /mnt/user/Television/

So, I'm basically getting confused at the first hurdle really. I imagine I'll probably need help after I've got the basics set up. I'm looking to download the TV Shows and have them processed and moved to my /Television share.

Thanks in advance for any help!

I don't have Sickbeard setup anymore, but Sickrage is quite similar.

First, the general recommendation is to install dockers on the cache drive.  Second, parts of each docker will live in the Docker image and part will live in the file system of the cache drive.  Rather than give you generic paths I'll give you exactly what I have so you can see a working example.

I have a cache-only share called apps.

My Docker image is /mnt/cache/apps/docker/docker.img

My /config entry for Sickrage is /mnt/cache/apps/sickrage/

My /downloads entry is /mnt/cache/apps/downloads/complete/tv/  => this is where Sickrage looks for downloads from Sab

My /tv entry is /mnt/user/TVShows/

My /config entry for Sab is /mnt/cache/apps/sabnzbd/

My /downloads entry for Sab is /mnt/cache/apps/downloads/ and uses the category tv

So, there's a common /downloads directory to share data between Sab and Sickrage, external to the docker image.  Everything happens on the cache drive until the data is moved to /tv.

Editorial comment.  Sickbeard is old but stable.  Sickrage is based on Sickbeard and better in all ways... except that there's a bunch of drama right now among the Sickrage development team.  Sonarr is different but very nice and what I'll use if the drama on Sickrage doesn't die down.

Hope that helps.