[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nginx

19 minutes ago, SMCSUser said:

Correct, go to Apps tab type Wordpress and set it up from there. You do not need Nginx separately. 

Dear Lord I needed you about 4AM last night!!!!!!

Thank You So Much!!!!!!

it took me less than 5 minutes to get everything working!!

I love this community because of people like you.

Vic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

some www/ files hidden over network - might be a general Unraid thing, but we'll see...

I'm developing a site in appdata/nginx/www from a windows box, and occasionally files and folders that I can see on Unraid are not visible through smb.  EG, /appdata/nginx/www/assets/internal/js/scripts.js is not visible over the network, but another js file in that folder is.

If I try and recreate the file from Windows, I get a message saying it already exists, but I can't see it to open and edit it.

Any ideas?

• 7 months later...
On 8/22/2022 at 5:54 PM, xaositek said:

Looks like we migrated to PHP 8 today.

I'm assuming that this is the reason that none of my websites are accessible today. Any ideas how to fix it?

*EDIT* Disregard. Fixed it. Appears that the new version of Nginx requires Conf files to have the .conf extension or it won't load them.

Edited by NeoDude
1 hour ago, NeoDude said:

I'm assuming that this is the reason that none of my websites are accessible today. Any ideas how to fix it?

*EDIT* Disregard. Fixed it. Appears that the new version of Nginx requires Conf files to have the .conf extension or it won't load them.

Thank you!

Adding '.conf' extension to the configuration files helped me solve it quickly.

• 4 months later...

Ran into an odd issue where websites would get a 502 Gateway error after today's rebase to Alpine 3.17. The following error will fill the logs:

nginx: [emerg] "stream" directive is not allowed here in /etc/nginx/conf.d/stream.conf:3

Ending up figuring out you can do the following, then restart your Container and it'll fix it.

ls -al /etc/nginx/conf.d/ /etc/nginx/stream.d/

mv -v /etc/nginx/conf.d/stream.conf /etc/nginx/stream.d/

I did open https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-nginx/issues/87

Edited by xaositek
  • Thanks 1
On 1/11/2023 at 1:40 AM, xaositek said:

Ran into an odd issue where websites would get a 502 Gateway error after today's rebase to Alpine 3.17. The following error will fill the logs:

nginx: [emerg] "stream" directive is not allowed here in /etc/nginx/conf.d/stream.conf:3

Ending up figuring out you can do the following, then restart your Container and it'll fix it.

Thanks for the help! It worked for me.

Seems that the images were rebuilt on Thursday, but saw it only after applying your fix.

On 1/10/2023 at 3:40 PM, xaositek said:

Thank you for this. I woke up to my websites not working and this fixed the issue. 

So NGIX has failed a few times over the last couple of days ... same error as before

I had to run the commands posted above to get NGIX to work again. Does anyone know how to get this work so we are not constantly having to do this? 

Edited by SiRMarlon
On 1/26/2023 at 4:40 AM, emeybee said:

For those having issues with the stream error, check your Swag logs and it will tell you which config files need to be updated. Most likely you need to update your nginx.conf and ssl.conf files using the new sample files in appdata. That fixed the issue for me.

Same, only required to do ot with nginx.conf tho, not ssl.conf.

For reference for other people, is is how the warning looks like in Swag log:

image.png.0364067cbc2495584dbf1369dced51c7.png

I shut swag down and replaced the .sample with .conf and its working again :)

• 6 months later...