Turning off autostart from command line

whophil

I've got a number of simultaneous problems right now. I had a Windows guest with a passthrough Radeon 6450 running just fine. I tried to switch out the graphics card for an Nvidia GT 730 and it's given me nothing but problems so far. Trying to start the VM crashes the ENTIRE SYSTEM (dom0) and forces a reboot.

Unfortunately, autostart was "on" for this Windows guest VM, which means that powering on the machine puts me into a boot loop. Thankfully I can still get into Unraid safe mode.

Here's my question: how do I turn off autostart from the command line? Or alternately, where does KVM manager keep the .xml files, so that I can edit out the offensive lines?

• 3 years later...
On 12/6/2015 at 1:12 PM, jonp said:

Command is:

Virsh autostart $domainname --disable

How do I run this command if I don't have VM's enabled? I don't have VM's enabled because I have a VM set to autostart, that the instant VMs starts booting, it freezes the system.

EDIT: workaround was to rename the image file of the VM found in domain, preventing the VM from starting.

Edited by bobo89
  • 2 years later...