Linus from LinusTechTips switches his 45drives storinator to unRAID

jonp

"This video is only available to Vessel subscribers.

Start your free month!"

That says to me you have to pay.  Pay for another YouTube clone?  What's that about?

Vessel is an early access paid video platform.  You pay a few bucks a month and get access to a bunch of premium content before it hits YouTube. It's basically another way for youtubers to make a little extra cash from their subscribers willing to pay. For those willing to wait, its about a week later that videos show up on YouTube.

too cheap, I'll wait for youtube, on the flip side im glad he got a real storage setup  ;D ;D ;D

So.... someone has to ask sooner or later....

Linus is running a 6.2 beta still on kernel 4.1.13 I notice, and a pretty flash screen that came up for a moment. 

Now what I'd like to know is when are us lot going to get a beta?

too cheap, I'll wait for youtube, on the flip side im glad he got a real storage setup  ;D ;D ;D

So.... someone has to ask sooner or later....

Linus is running a 6.2 beta still on kernel 4.1.13 I notice, and a pretty flash screen that came up for a moment. 

Did you see the option for the 2nd parity drive or was that only in the 2nd video?

https://www.vessel.com/videos/ACzIFRoaW

Well clearly you have to be on the A list! Us mere mortals must wait for the scrap bread to be thrown out the window  :'( I'm probably going to have to boycott visiting this site for at least a week... umm 3 days..., 1 hour... yeah 1 whole hour! WATCH ME DO IT!

Well clearly you have to be on the A list! Us mere mortals must wait for the scrap bread to be thrown out the window  :'( I'm probably going to have to boycott visiting this site for at least a week... umm 3 days..., 1 hour... yeah 1 whole hour! WATCH ME DO IT!

Yeah, we're not famous enough.... lol

Wait till Linus comes here for help.... hehe, we can boycott support until he gives us a copy....

Wait till Linus comes here for help.... hehe, we can boycott support until he gives us a copy....

Brilliant, as always.

or charge him a fee unless he's prepared to wait a week for help.

THIS GUY!  He Gets It.

8)

There wont be a need to deliberately delay help, as he will be running a version of unraid that others wont have, so I doubt any of the non specials will be able to offer help.

There wont be a need to deliberately delay help, as he will be running a version of unraid that others wont have, so I doubt any of the non specials will be able to offer help.

Good point, so we'll all have to reply "Sorry, we can't help, we're not allowed THAT version, we're not worthy, and sit back smugly..."  ;D