Jump to content
bb12489

[Support] Google Music Manager

50 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

I'm getting an error after logging in to google:


 

Quote

 

Couldn't connect to Google Play.

Could not establish a secure connection to Goole Play.


 

 

I'm 100% sure the credentials are correct. Any ideas?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, jj_uk said:

I'm getting an error after logging in to google:

I'm 100% sure the credentials are correct. Any ideas?

 

Are you sure you don't have your google account locked down too tight? No clue if play is even handled at all similar to email, but I know you have to relax the security on the google email to log in with some devices or programs.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for the reply -  I've not change any of the defaults for Google login. It's using email/pass logins; I've turned off 2-factor but still get the same error. I don't use or have a google email address. It's not a prerequisite for a google account.

 

It would be good if the original author could maybe post a link that could be copied into an external browser for auth-ing, then a box to paste in the auth-code.

 

I (briefly) managed to get this working:

 

https://github.com/jaymoulin/docker-google-music-uploader

 

I created a new container, copied the required settings as new fields in the template and auth-ed via the terminal as per the instructions.

It was working ok then I managed to break the container whilst trying to force it to store stuff to appdata.

 

If this container is no longer supported, maybe someone could take it over and implement a template that uses the above uploader?

 

My skills with docker and linux are not good enough to do this myself, as I found out when I broke the template.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I have recreated a more stable image for the official Google MusicManager. It should appear in Community apps any minute:

https://github.com/rix1337/docker-templates/blob/master/rix1337/google-musicmanager.xml

 

This one runs on --net=host to ensure the MAC adress does not cause issues.

It also runs VNC on the host, with a port that can be set up by an environment variable.

 

The host display :20 should not be in use, as this could break things.

 

The MusicManager should always be visible on container launch.

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, rix said:

I have recreated a more stable image for the official Google MusicManager. It should appear in Community apps any minute:

https://github.com/rix1337/docker-templates/blob/master/rix1337/google-musicmanager.xml

 

This one runs on --net=host to ensure the MAC adress does not cause issues.

It also runs VNC on the host, with a port that can be set up by an environment variable.

 

The host display :20 should not be in use, as this could break things.

 

The MusicManager should always be visible on container launch.

has it been added yet?  I tried adding via your docker template but it didn't work, so I probably did something wrong

Share this post


Link to post

It's in my repo, but does not show up on community apps.. I'll have to check again. The container is up and running on dockerhub, however. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, rix said:

It's in my repo, but does not show up on community apps.. I'll have to check again. The container is up and running on dockerhub, however. 

Which one is yours on dockerhub?  Thanks

Share this post


Link to post

https://hub.docker.com/r/rix1337/docker-google-musicmanager/

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/26/2018 at 3:20 AM, rix said:

It's in my repo, but does not show up on community apps.. I'll have to check again. The container is up and running on dockerhub, however. 

Any word on this showing up in community apps?

Share this post


Link to post

Tonight with the CA update switching to the different fees

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, kpereira said:

Any word on this showing up in community apps?

Update CA

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, kpereira said:

Any word on this showing up in community apps?

I just tried installing but got an error

 

oot@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='Google-MusicManager' --net='host' --cpuset-cpus='5,6,7,19,20,21' -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PORT'='5920' -e 'PASSWORD'='Removed' -v '/mnt/user/media/other_media/music/':'/music':'ro' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/dockers/Google-MusicManager':'/config':'rw' false 'rix1337/docker-google-musicmanager' false
Unable to find image 'false:latest' locally
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: pull access denied for false, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login'.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

The command failed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DZMM said:

I just tried installing but got an error

 


oot@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='Google-MusicManager' --net='host' --cpuset-cpus='5,6,7,19,20,21' -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PORT'='5920' -e 'PASSWORD'='Removed' -v '/mnt/user/media/other_media/music/':'/music':'ro' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/dockers/Google-MusicManager':'/config':'rw' false 'rix1337/docker-google-musicmanager' false
Unable to find image 'false:latest' locally
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: pull access denied for false, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login'.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

The command failed.

 

CA's fault.  Wait til after I get off of work

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, DZMM said:

I just tried installing but got an error

 


oot@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='Google-MusicManager' --net='host' --cpuset-cpus='5,6,7,19,20,21' -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PORT'='5920' -e 'PASSWORD'='Removed' -v '/mnt/user/media/other_media/music/':'/music':'ro' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/dockers/Google-MusicManager':'/config':'rw' false 'rix1337/docker-google-musicmanager' false
Unable to find image 'false:latest' locally
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: pull access denied for false, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login'.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

The command failed.

 

If you toggle the advanced view and remove the false values, you can get it working until a permanent fix is made.

Share this post


Link to post

I just tried again and I managed to login which is one step further than I get on my VM, but then I just got a blank black screen in the VNC Viewer

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, DZMM said:

I just tried again and I managed to login which is one step further than I get on my VM, but then I just got a blank black screen in the VNC Viewer

Same issue - got through login but then just a blank screen (expecting prompt to select sync folder)

UnRAID v6.6.1

Edited by MattC
Added UnRAID version

Share this post


Link to post

It was uploading files in the background so it was 'working'. However, stopped it as I need to be able to add several sub-folders.

 

I worked out how to get the client working on my VM (changed mac) so using this method.

Share this post


Link to post

Well I signed up finally after lurking on these forums after quite some time just to ask a question about this.  I finally got it working after much hand wringing.  My question is this; I have many duplicates now on my Google Play library due to the fact that it has re-uploaded everything.  So, what are my workarounds for this?  Can I delete my entire library from the cloud?  Will this re-upload all the music again?  Any suggestions?

 

I guess I should have deleted my entire library from Google before attempting to get this working.  I was just so excited with myself for figuring this out (I'm a total unRaid NOOB) it never occured to me that it would re-up everything.

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/5/2018 at 12:32 PM, MattC said:

Same issue - got through login but then just a blank screen (expecting prompt to select sync folder)

UnRAID v6.6.1

 

On 10/5/2018 at 7:48 AM, DZMM said:

I just tried again and I managed to login which is one step further than I get on my VM, but then I just got a blank black screen in the VNC Viewer

 

After you login through VNC and you get the "blank screen" that means it's working.  It does everything "silently"..... my whole library was uploaded.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, cyberspectre said:

Could someone provide a brief tutorial on how to use this?

I just wiped and reinstalled this a few days ago.  I'll try to write something up in the next few days.  Be forewarned; I've never attempted a write up of anything unRaid related..... so don't get your hopes up too high. LoL

Share this post


Link to post

GMusic1.png.0aba2a27ef9258cc1dae77bc2f653d75.png

 

This is how I've got mine setup.  I had to change the default port from 5900 to 5920 as I've got something running on the same port and it caused a conflict.  The Host Path1 should point to the location of your music files that live on your unRaid Array.  

The default password is GoogleMusic. So leave it as is or, change it to whatever you want.

The rest of the settings, leave as is.

 

Once it's pulled the required data and you have the docker up and running, you're going to need a VNC Viewer to connect to the docker.  I am using TightVNC Viewer because it's freeware.  I'm sure there are others out there.

 

2019_10_10_20_40_48_Window.png.23b16cbb97fe064b5d2542abff23bd0b.png

 

For Remote host, you want the IP address that your unRaid NAS is followed by the port.  If you left the default port it's 5900, if you changed it to some other port, enter it after the IP Address.  After you hit Connect, the password dialogue box will show up.  Enter your password and, if all went well, you should be looking at a Google UI asking you for your Gmail address and password.

 

WORD OF CAUTION/ADVICE:

I had music already uploaded to my Google Music library previously.  I then had since discovered the Docker Beets and used that to tag my MP3/FLAC etc audio files.  After running this docker, I had a LOT of duplicate songs in my Google Music Library (pre-Beets tagging and post-Beets tagging).   So, if you've got files in your Google Music Library and you've made changes to your audio files locally, expect duplicates.  

I just erased my entire Google Music Library and started uploading everything all over again (all 7k+ files) to get rid of the duplicates.

 

Well hope this little tutorial helps some people out using this Docker.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, CoZ said:

GMusic1.png.0aba2a27ef9258cc1dae77bc2f653d75.png

 

This is how I've got mine setup.  I had to change the default port from 5900 to 5920 as I've got something running on the same port and it caused a conflict.  The Host Path1 should point to the location of your music files that live on your unRaid Array.  

The default password is GoogleMusic. So leave it as is or, change it to whatever you want.

The rest of the settings, leave as is.

 

Once it's pulled the required data and you have the docker up and running, you're going to need a VNC Viewer to connect to the docker.  I am using TightVNC Viewer because it's freeware.  I'm sure there are others out there.

 

2019_10_10_20_40_48_Window.png.23b16cbb97fe064b5d2542abff23bd0b.png

 

For Remote host, you want the IP address that your unRaid NAS is followed by the port.  If you left the default port it's 5900, if you changed it to some other port, enter it after the IP Address.  After you hit Connect, the password dialogue box will show up.  Enter your password and, if all went well, you should be looking at a Google UI asking you for your Gmail address and password.

 

WORD OF CAUTION/ADVICE:

I had music already uploaded to my Google Music library previously.  I then had since discovered the Docker Beets and used that to tag my MP3/FLAC etc audio files.  After running this docker, I had a LOT of duplicate songs in my Google Music Library (pre-Beets tagging and post-Beets tagging).   So, if you've got files in your Google Music Library and you've made changes to your audio files locally, expect duplicates.  

I just erased my entire Google Music Library and started uploading everything all over again (all 7k+ files) to get rid of the duplicates.

 

Well hope this little tutorial helps some people out using this Docker.

 

 

Thanks! You know, I just now discovered Plex, which can stream music directly from your server to any device. So now, I'm not sure I need Google Music anymore. I might still use it because I have some concerns about opening a port to the public, though. Either way, I'll set it up. Good to have.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, cyberspectre said:

Thanks! You know, I just now discovered Plex, which can stream music directly from your server to any device. So now, I'm not sure I need Google Music anymore. I might still use it because I have some concerns about opening a port to the public, though. Either way, I'll set it up. Good to have.

I've had Plex running for a few years now with an open port and so far no issues. Some people use a reverse proxy to safeguard against any malicious attacks but I haven't had any issues. I forget the name of the docker... NG-something or other. I tried to set it up but wasn't successful. 

 

I look at Google music as a backup for my music. Once you get this up and running it will automatically upload any new music to the Google servers. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.