[Support] Linuxserver.io - Musicbrainz

1 minute ago, saarg said:

And your /config is mapped to /mnt/cache/appdata/musicbrainz? 

Yes.  I used to have a musicbrainz cache only share that I used, but I went this way in the hope that my appdata backups would speed up restoration

29 minutes ago, DZMM said:

Yes.  I used to have a musicbrainz cache only share that I used, but I went this way in the hope that my appdata backups would speed up restoration

That is most likely the issue. Don't map another volume inside the same folder as the config.  That is asking for trouble. We specify two volume mappings for a reason. 

40 minutes ago, saarg said:

That is most likely the issue. Don't map another volume inside the same folder as the config.  That is asking for trouble. We specify two volume mappings for a reason. 

thanks - will try that to see if I get more stability.  I still had problems when I used a separate share, but maybe those issues are resolved now

Hi,

I'm having issues trying to install this fresh.

I set /data to a RW/Slave share I have on a separate file server.

appdata is mounted to /mnt/usr/appdata/musicbrainz

It seems to start working at the beginning. My /data directory has ~2.5 GB in it now.

The log is endlessly spammed with below

postgres: could not access the server configuration file "/config/postgresql.conf": No such file or directory
postgres: could not access the server configuration file "/config/postgresql.conf": No such file or directory

I've tried re-installing a few times now.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

3 hours ago, Quiks said:

Hi,

I'm having issues trying to install this fresh.

I set /data to a RW/Slave share I have on a separate file server.

appdata is mounted to /mnt/usr/appdata/musicbrainz

It seems to start working at the beginning. My /data directory has ~2.5 GB in it now.

The log is endlessly spammed with below

I've tried re-installing a few times now.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Try using /mnt/cache instead of /mnt/user. If you don't have a cache drive you can use /mnt/diskX. X is the disk number you want to use. 

54 minutes ago, saarg said:

Try using /mnt/cache instead of /mnt/user. If you don't have a cache drive you can use /mnt/diskX. X is the disk number you want to use. 

Hey, thanks for responding.

I deleted some stuff and set it as you said, but was still receiving the error. I decided to delete everything and start over.

After it downloads a few things, I get the same error.

Config below as well as log

image.png.7e57f92fe3c87b01972b836a58f85c05.png

image.png.5be7f3534cee735d18d7bf223d336a0f.png

2 hours ago, Quiks said:

I deleted some stuff and set it as you said, but was still receiving the error. I decided to delete everything and start over.

image.png.5be7f3534cee735d18d7bf223d336a0f.png

Ditto - I'm getting this problem as well

2 hours ago, DZMM said:

no

Do you have the config file in the /data/dbase? 

Your initialize database scripts exits with an error and  in that script the config file is copied from /data/dbase to /config. 

From what I see in the log, your database is not created, so most likely it didn't download all it should. If it manage to create the database, there should be more output on the screen and take an hour or two. 

Edited by saarg
15 minutes ago, saarg said:

Do you have the config file in the /data/dbase? 

Your initialize database scripts exits with an error and  in that script the config file is copied from /data/dbase to /config. 

From what I see in the log, your database is not created, so most likely it didn't download all it should. If it manage to create the database, there should be more output on the screen and take an hour or two. 

it's not downloading anything.  When it does work I know it's best to leave it alone to download the database - I know this because after a couple of days (I'm assuming when it's doing an update) it usually starts generating errors.  Normally I just do a fresh install and it works, but this time for over a week I haven't been able to get it to install.

Here's a fresh log from an install until the error:

ErrorWarningSystemArrayLogin

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...

-------------------------------------
_ _ _
| |___| (_) ___
| / __| | |/ _ \
| \__ \ | | (_) |
|_|___/ |_|\___/
|_|

Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We gratefully accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donations/
GID/UID
User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 20-brainzcode: executing...
[cont-init.d] 20-brainzcode: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 30-initialise-database: executing...
[cont-init.d] 30-initialise-database: exited 56.
[cont-init.d] 35-generate_css: executing...
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
[15:11:25] Using gulpfile /app/musicbrainz/gulpfile.js
[15:11:25] Starting 'default'...
[15:11:48] Finished 'default' after 22 s
[cont-init.d] 35-generate_css: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-config: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-config: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.

Luckily, for once the main MB server seems to working very well with headphones so not having my own installation hasn't been too much of a problem!

Edited by DZMM
8 hours ago, saarg said:

Is the config file there if you check it manually? 

Hi,

The config file is NOT there.

image.png.39cb6831bc880236aada9254e27b329e.png

However, my data directory DOES have files. see below

image.png.2645ca995cd19489a2880fefefa6d2fb.png

dbase is empty

redis is empty

import has a folder in it with these below it

image.png.6f3fbdaef7f6d083a1866c6307c65c86.png

On 5.10.2017 at 8:55 AM, Quiks said:

Can you try using a local share for the /data volume and not a remote one?

49 minutes ago, saarg said:

It just gets stuck saying 'sending request' at the bottom of my chrome tab with nothing seeming to happen

Edit:

Timed out eventually

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at ftp://ftp.musicbrainz.org/pub/musicbrainz/data/fullexport/20171007-001758/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Edited by DZMM
1 hour ago, DZMM said:

It just gets stuck saying 'sending request' at the bottom of my chrome tab with nothing seeming to happen

Edit:

Timed out eventually

The webpage at ftp://ftp.musicbrainz.org/pub/musicbrainz/data/fullexport/20171007-001758/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

That's your problem then. Might be your ISP has problems, so probably best to ask them. 

Maybe try Googles dns. 

2 hours ago, saarg said:

Can you try using a local share for the /data volume and not a remote one?

Looks like it's working now with a local share.

Any idea why I can't use a remote one?

The share is completely open to everyone read/write/execute on windows server 2012. 

It was also set to RW/Slave

Edited by Quiks
2 hours ago, DZMM said:

Edit:

Timed out eventually

grr I removed my pfsense VM last week and went back to my ISPs router, so this is why I can't connect anymore.  It works in a VPN so it's definitely my router - will contact my ISP.

Thanks

1 minute ago, DZMM said:

grr I removed my pfsense VM last week and went back to my ISPs router, so this is why I can't connect anymore.  It works in a VPN so it's definitely my router - will contact my ISP.

Thanks

Try doing a traceroute on ftp.musicbrainz.org and see where it fails. That should give you more information to go on with your ISP.

50 minutes ago, Quiks said:

Looks like it's working now with a local share.

Any idea why I can't use a remote one?

The share is completely open to everyone read/write/execute on windows server 2012. 

It was also set to RW/Slave

Definitively a permission issue. Not sure how to fix it though. 

• Like 1