[Support] Linuxserver.io - Musicbrainz

Thanks. I compared again with whast @sparklyballs have shared from his "du -h". He has 14GB of index data (on-top of 28GB data), which has not been created at my docker. I re-ran "du -h" on my musicbrainz directory, but below doesn't show up. Any thoughts how below indexdata has been created?

1. sparklyballs@Docker-Host:~/docker-data/musicbrainz$ du -h
  2. 3.3M    ./indexdata/tag_index
  3. 396M    ./indexdata/url_index
  4. 68M ./indexdata/annotation_index
  5. 8.0M    ./indexdata/place_index
  6. 495M    ./indexdata/work_index
  7. 10G ./indexdata/recording_index
  8. 658M    ./indexdata/releasegroup_index
  9. 508K    ./indexdata/instrument_index
  10. 27M ./indexdata/label_index
  11. 1.2G    ./indexdata/release_index
  12. 284M    ./indexdata/artist_index
  13. 50M ./indexdata/cdstub_index
  14. 27M ./indexdata/area_index
  15. 106M    ./indexdata/editor_index
  16. 1.4M    ./indexdata/series_index
  17. 14M ./indexdata/event_index
  18. 14G ./indexdata

Got it. So, this is basically to confirm that the docker is working for me. However, as I don't have an indexer, the speed gain is marginal.

My use case for the local docker is Picard. I'd like to update a very large local library with improved tags (already fully tagged with Picard before). The idea to use the local mirror is that this will be massively faster as I don't need to ping the MBZ server all the time, but all info is local.

Do I need local indexing as well or do you have any other thoughts how I can accomplish my objective?

1 hour ago, steve1977 said:

Got it. So, this is basically to confirm that the docker is working for me. However, as I don't have an indexer, the speed gain is marginal.

My use case for the local docker is Picard. I'd like to update a very large local library with improved tags (already fully tagged with Picard before). The idea to use the local mirror is that this will be massively faster as I don't need to ping the MBZ server all the time, but all info is local.

Do I need local indexing as well or do you have any other thoughts how I can accomplish my objective?

i cobbled together indexing and searching locally from consulting the all knowing and all seeing google

if you want to index locally then i suggest that is your best path also

As the system i have is unstable at best and needs frequent nursing etc so i'm not in a position to tell you how to do it and it's not something i would consider supporting at this time

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I can't tell from the docker description:

Does this docker scan and tag local files on the server (like the windows version), or is it meant to host/serve public data on behalf of Musicbrainz? Or both?

5 hours ago, Odessa said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I can't tell from the docker description:

Does this docker scan and tag local files on the server (like the windows version), or is it meant to host/serve public data on behalf of Musicbrainz? Or both?

It is just a local mirror of the musicbrainz server. 

• 1 month later...

Is there any way to trigger an update manually?

The Db of my MB server is from 16 Dec 2017, because I haven't had it running for long time. Now it is getting the updates in every hour, but only incremental updates. Meaning, if there was a MB update 5 times on 17 Dec, then it takes 5 hours for my server to get there, then it needs to catch up with the days since 16 Dec. So can I quicken this process somehow to get up to date at once?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It used to work, but just stopped working for me. Anyone else facing same issue?

When opening the URL:

Internal Server Error

Oops, something went wrong!

Error message: (No details about this error are available)

Time: 2018-12-01 10:38:55 UTC

Host: < removed >

URL: http://192.168.11.125:5000/

Request data:

$VAR1 = { 'query_parameters' => {}, 'body_parameters' => {} };

5 hours ago, steve1977 said:

Some more logs below. Any thoughts what went wrong with the permissions and how to fix it?

FATAL: data directory "/data/dbase" has group or world access
DETAIL: Permissions should be u=rwx (0700).

It says which permissions in the error message by the looks of it. 

40 minutes ago, steve1977 said:

Great, you’re right, i got it fixed.

Unfortunately, my database is now at the status it had before the permission error occurred.

Will it eventually update over next days or do i need to do it anything for it to “catch up”?

I don't know how the update checks, so you'll have to wait and see. 

• 2 months later...

I had a working docker, but now did something wrong and it stopped working.

I had moved the docker database from the array to an UD drive (NVME) to gain some speed and avoid constant writing to the array. Unfortunately, this did not go smoothly. Please see below error from the log. Any idea how to fix this or rebuild the database?

HINT: The server must be started by the user that owns the data directory.
FATAL: data directory "/data/dbase" has wrong ownership

I had a working docker, but now did something wrong and it stopped working.

I had moved the docker database from the array to an UD drive (NVME) to gain some speed and avoid constant writing to the array. Unfortunately, this did not go smoothly. Please see below error from the log. Any idea how to fix this or rebuild the database?

HINT: The server must be started by the user that owns the data directory.
FATAL: data directory "/data/dbase" has wrong ownership

You moved it using the root user and therefor changed the permissions. It should be owned by nobody:users 

Thanks. Just did this, but now receiving a new error message in the logs:

FATAL: data directory "/data/dbase" has group or world access
DETAIL: Permissions should be u=rwx (0700).

Any thoughts?

Eh... It's not enough with the message in the error? 

On 2/26/2019 at 3:53 AM, saarg said:

Eh... It's not enough with the message in the error? 

It should be ;-) But not for those like me who have little clue how linux works.

I googled and tried "chmod 700 -R pathto/data/dbase".

Still not working though, but the error message is different:

(node:278) Warning: Possible EventEmitter memory leak detected. 12 resolve listeners added. Use emitter.setMaxListeners() to increase limit

I upgraded the docker and now (yet again) a different error message:

2019-03-01 22:02:40.538 CST [531] FATAL: database files are incompatible with serve
2019-03-01 22:02:40.538 CST [531] DETAIL: The data directory was initialized by PostgreSQL version 9.6, which is not compatible with this version 11.1.

I upgraded the docker and now (yet again) a different error message:

2019-03-01 22:02:40.538 CST [531] FATAL: database files are incompatible with serve
2019-03-01 22:02:40.538 CST [531] DETAIL: The data directory was initialized by PostgreSQL version 9.6, which is not compatible with this version 11.1.

Sounds like some packages have been updated. I have to check the build log to see what changed. 

• Like 1

HI There, I'm new to Unraid and have been testing to see if it'll become my daily driver.

Music is a big thing for me and I've been using the Musicbrainz docker to speed up metadata lookups on my collection with beets but I've suddenly started getting this error from the webui along with beets saying it's unreachable;

undef error - Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, stat '/app/musicbrainz/root/static/build/rev-manifest.json' at Object.statSync (fs.js:851:3) at statSync (/app/musicbrainz/root/static/manifest.js:40:22) at Object.pathTo [as css] (/app/musicbrainz/root/static/manifest.js:69:55) at css (/app/musicbrainz/root/layout/components/Head.js:60:15) at processChild (/app/musicbrainz/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom-server.node.development.js:2122:14) at resolve (/app/musicbrainz/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom-server.node.development.js:2048:5) at ReactDOMServerRenderer.render (/app/musicbrainz/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom-server.node.development.js:2333:22) at ReactDOMServerRenderer.read (/app/musicbrainz/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom-server.node.development.js:2307:19) at Object.renderToString (/app/musicbrainz/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom-server.node.development.js:2679:25) at renderToString (/app/musicbrainz/root/server/response.js:76:31) at Socket.getResponse (/app/musicbrainz/root/server/createServer.js:72:31) at bound (domain.js:395:14) at Socket.runBound (domain.js:408:12) at Socket.emit (events.js:182:13) at Socket.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:441:20) at addChunk (_stream_readable.js:283:12) at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:264:11) at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:219:10) at Pipe.onStreamRead [as onread] (internal/stream_base_commons.js:94:17) at lib/MusicBrainz/Server/Plugin/React.pm line 18.

I haven't made any changes to my config or modified any perms or the like, this just started happening as far as I can tell. I'm trying to rule out any plugins I might have had running but has anyone else experienced this or can someone point in the right direction to troubleshoot please?