[Support] Linuxserver.io - Musicbrainz

13 minutes ago, guruleenyc said:

I searched, but can't seem to find a solution to the webUI not responding in a browser on port 5000. I edited the proper .pem file and followed above install instructions. I am not sure what I am missing...?

You are not supposed to edit any files if changing ports. You just change the container template. If you already had it working, check your log.

post it and the docker run command.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Things used to work, but now it's broken for me. Maybe because of a recent docker update?

I can access the MBZ main site and can also search for artist. When selecting the artist, I receive an error message.

Error in log: 

2019-06-07 14:30:47.361 CST [424] ERROR: column ac.edits_pending does not exist at character 414

Error on site: 

Error message: (No details about this error are available)

Request data:

$VAR1 = { 'query_parameters' => {}, 'body_parameters' => {} };

On 6/7/2019 at 2:33 AM, steve1977 said:

Things used to work, but now it's broken for me. Maybe because of a recent docker update?

I can access the MBZ main site and can also search for artist. When selecting the artist, I receive an error message.

Error in log: 

2019-06-07 14:30:47.361 CST [424] ERROR: column ac.edits_pending does not exist at character 414

Error on site: 

Request data:

$VAR1 = { 'query_parameters' => {}, 'body_parameters' => {} };

I'm getting the same errors in log and the webUI.  Were you able to resolve this?

Log:   

2019-06-11 20:47:56.927 EDT [426] ERROR: column ac.edits_pending does not exist at character 414

webUI:

Internal Server Error

Oops, something went wrong!

Time: 2019-06-12 00:19:11 UTC

Host: b52c55c216de

URL: http://192.168.0.109:5000/

Request data:

$VAR1 = { 'body_parameters' => {}, 'query_parameters' => {} };

We're terribly sorry for this problem. Please wait a few minutes and repeat your request — the problem may go away.

• 5 weeks later...

Same issue as above 2 posts, seeing inter page hyperlink errors on docker MB that have no issues on the public MB.

All searches on docker MB page find desired results, but all links fail with either Release Not Found or Internal Server Error.

API calls from Headphones/Beets are also failing.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2019 at 10:33 AM, tjb_altf4 said:

Same issue as above 2 posts, seeing inter page hyperlink errors on docker MB that have no issues on the public MB.

All searches on docker MB page find desired results, but all links fail with either Release Not Found or Internal Server Error.

API calls from Headphones/Beets are also failing.

Fixed the problem with another nuke and pave :/

On 7/30/2019 at 12:59 PM, tjb_altf4 said:

Fixed the problem with another nuke and pave :/

Great to see you got it working again. Can you elaborate step-by-step what you have done to get it working again?

Do you happen to use Picard and got it working with the latest version?

17 minutes ago, steve1977 said:

Great to see you got it working again. Can you elaborate step-by-step what you have done to get it working again?

Basically I started from scratch. I removed MB docker via docker page, then deleted its app data.

I then reinstalled from community apps. Make a copy of your musicbrainz token as a precaution, but your docker template should still have info from previous install.

I had issues with current latest version of Picard, 2.1.3 (even after fixing MB docker), so I rolled back to 2.1 I happen to still have and it doesn't crash anymore.

Edited by tjb_altf4
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have set this up several times and each time it runs great for about a day.  When everything finishes downloading i think it was around 36GB on the cache drive.  I see a music brainz folder on the array also that is 42gb.  After its run for near a day I notice beets will start getting errors finding song information.  Then when I try to open the musicbrains gui it will now be displaying some kind of internal web server error when it was working fine just hours before.   This seems to occur once a day.  I read somewhere in the thread musicbrainz tries to update once a day.  Is there a way to disable that to see if that is causing it to break?  

Edited by warham
  • 2 months later...
On 11/3/2019 at 7:58 AM, warham said:

I have set this up several times and each time it runs great for about a day.  When everything finishes downloading i think it was around 36GB on the cache drive.  I see a music brainz folder on the array also that is 42gb.  After its run for near a day I notice beets will start getting errors finding song information.  Then when I try to open the musicbrains gui it will now be displaying some kind of internal web server error when it was working fine just hours before.   This seems to occur once a day.  I read somewhere in the thread musicbrainz tries to update once a day.  Is there a way to disable that to see if that is causing it to break?  

I have the same thing happening 100%. I start fresh, fresh image container, fresh data and config folders. Then after a day I'm getting "502 Bad Gateway" when trying to load the webui on port 5000. Any solution? 

• 1 month later...

Having similar issues. Installed musicbrainz for the first time, can't log into web gui. Just times out.

Using port 5000. I've tried using a custom IP for the docker as well as bridge. Musicbrainz itself functions as I can see it doing database work as folders are created etc. Just can't access the web gui.

Using Unraid 6.8.2
My appdata is hosted on a Unassigned device using RW/slave.

EDIT:
Solved - Sort of.
It seems that musicbrainz doesn't like being run in unassigned devices. I was able to get it working using /mnt/cahce/musicbrainz/ instead of my normal app data location.

My new issues is that Picard can't use my mirror server. It requires a Authentication key only generated by the master site.

Edited by pXius
  • 3 weeks later...

What are the chances of getting Musicbrainz Picard added to a docker image and supported on Unraid?  

I was trying to figure out what the benefits of having musicbrainz local. Are there really many benefits? Sure less WAN bandwidth (if you care about that), maybe reduced latency.   It would be nice to see this called out in the post description as to why one would want to do this container.   

1 hour ago, pish180 said:

What are the chances of getting Musicbrainz Picard added to a docker image and supported on Unraid?     

If your happy to dive in, the mikenye/picard image is pretty good I thought, just a bit of initial setup adding variables.

I mainly use this musicbrainz instance as most of the public servers were timing out frequently and causing issues with other applications that rely on that data, but YMMV.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2020 at 4:31 PM, tjb_altf4 said:

If your happy to dive in, the mikenye/picard image is pretty good I thought, just a bit of initial setup adding variables.

I mainly use this musicbrainz instance as most of the public servers were timing out frequently and causing issues with other applications that rely on that data, but YMMV.

Thanks for the update. Are you saying this MBZ docker is working again? Does it work with Picard 2.3.1 or only with the dockered version?

On 3/29/2020 at 4:48 PM, pish180 said:

I was trying to figure out what the benefits of having musicbrainz local. Are there really many benefits? Sure less WAN bandwidth (if you care about that), maybe reduced latency.   It would be nice to see this called out in the post description as to why one would want to do this container.   

FYI I worked with the dev mikenye for a few hours yesterday on the Musicbrainz Picard container, and we now implemented chromium browser in the container, which allows both the ability to sign into your MB account and get your auth code, and also use the browser integration within the container itself. 

Update it and enjoy.

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, blade316 said:

FYI I worked with the dev mikenye for a few hours yesterday on the Musicbrainz Picard container, and we now implemented chromium browser in the container, which allows both the ability to sign into your MB account and get your auth code, and also use the browser integration within the container itself. 

Update it and enjoy.

I'm not certain this is the place to ask, but when I try to use the chromium browser in Picard, I get a warning and then an error.  The warning is "You are using an unsupported command-line flag: --no-sandbox. Stability and Security will suffer."

The error occurs when I attempt to log in to my musicbrainz account in the browser. "Forbidden Request - Musicbrainz 10.x.x.x:5000"

As I said, I don't know how much involvement you have in this, but any guidance would be appreciated.