[Support] Linuxserver.io - Musicbrainz

11 minutes ago, Moose_Flunky said:

I'm not certain this is the place to ask, but when I try to use the chromium browser in Picard, I get a warning and then an error.  The warning is "You are using an unsupported command-line flag: --no-sandbox. Stability and Security will suffer."

The error occurs when I attempt to log in to my musicbrainz account in the browser. "Forbidden Request - Musicbrainz 10.x.x.x:5000"

As I said, I don't know how much involvement you have in this, but any guidance would be appreciated.

The --no-sandbox flag message can't really be avoided, but it doesn't matter anyway as the containers are essentially sandboxed anyway.

If you are running the normal https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/musicbrainz/ docker for a MB mirror locally, it doesn't support log ins. So you wont be able to use AcousticID or anything with that mirror server. I honestly haven't seen any benefit running the local MB mirror vs online, maybe half a second speed increase. But of course depending on your internet speed, YMMV.

If you want more functionality locally you will have to look at something like - https://github.com/metabrainz/musicbrainz-docker

3 minutes ago, blade316 said:

If you want more functionality locally you will have to look at something like - https://github.com/metabrainz/musicbrainz-docker

Have you tried this and any pointers how to get started? I indeed loved the indexed search feature, which should make this local docker lightning-fast / instant. Also, log-in would be amazing to have local to get my personal tags.

I wish to do myself, but don't have any coding skills. Maybe someone with the right skills could help create an Unraid docker for it?

3 minutes ago, steve1977 said:

Have you tried this and any pointers how to get started? I indeed loved the indexed search feature, which should make this local docker lightning-fast / instant. Also, log-in would be amazing to have local to get my personal tags.

No haven't tried that docker container, as I don't have any need for it. 

Also I stopped using the local mirror docker, as it ended up being slower than online lookups for me, despite the container running on SSD cache pool, with more than sufficient reources allocated to it. I'm sure there could be some db tweaks to get the lookups as optimal as possible, but as my online lookups are quicker, I just use online.

8 minutes ago, steve1977 said:

I wish to do myself, but don't have any coding skills. Maybe someone with the right skills could help create an Unraid docker for it?

This will really only happen if either:

A. There is enough demand for it; OR

B. Someone is nice enough to bother doing it

:) 

On 4/16/2020 at 8:28 AM, blade316 said:

No haven't tried that docker container, as I don't have any need for it. 

Also I stopped using the local mirror docker, as it ended up being slower than online lookups for me, despite the container running on SSD cache pool, with more than sufficient reources allocated to it. I'm sure there could be some db tweaks to get the lookups as optimal as possible, but as my online lookups are quicker, I just use online.

I got your point that this local docker now is slower and agree that it isn't too helpful for me in this state either.

However, I am curious whether this wouldn't be different with the docker linked above? It allows indexed search, which should make it lightning fast? Isn't the issue right now that the current implementation doesn't offer this? So if the official docker with indexed search were to be implemented, you'd in fact have a need for it?

On 4/16/2020 at 8:30 AM, blade316 said:

This will really only happen if either:

A. There is enough demand for it; OR

B. Someone is nice enough to bother doing it

:) 

I'd wish to believe that at least the first holds true. There are 15 pages just on this forum, which shows there is quite some interest (most other dockers have far less pages).

You are obviously right that it would require to be nice to put the effort in to make this happen. I'd hope that it isn't too difficult though as a docker already exists and what's missing is the Unraid implementation? https://github.com/metabrainz/musicbrainz-docker

1 minute ago, steve1977 said:

got your point that this local docker now is slower and agree that it isn't too helpful for me in this state either.

However, I am curious whether this wouldn't be different with the docker linked above? It allows indexed search, which should make it lightning fast? Isn't the issue right now that the current implementation doesn't offer this? So if the official docker with indexed search were to be implemented, you'd in fact have a need for it?

Yeah local mirror server is slow as shit lol ... from what I understand there is a difference between a local mirror server and a local slave server - I think mirror servers only mirror data but cannot send data or acousticID data back to MB - whereas a slave server has two way replication (but I’m not 100% sure on that)

2 minutes ago, blade316 said:

Yeah local mirror server is slow as shit lol ... from what I understand there is a difference between a local mirror server and a local slave server - I think mirror servers only mirror data but cannot send data or acousticID data back to MB - whereas a slave server has two way replication (but I’m not 100% sure on that)

Are you saying that the other docker (https://github.com/metabrainz/musicbrainz-docker) would be equally slow and not the unlock I'd be hoping for?

2 minutes ago, steve1977 said:

I'd wish to believe that at least the first holds true. There are 15 pages just on this forum, which shows there is quite some interest (most other dockers have far less pages).

15 pages is nothing, plus most of that is the same few people back and forth etc

4 minutes ago, steve1977 said:

You are obviously right that it would require to be nice to put the effort in to make this happen. I'd hope that it isn't too difficult though as a docker already exists and what's missing is the Unraid implementation? https://github.com/metabrainz/musicbrainz-docker

So why not just go through the install steps yourself and give it a go? Worst that can happen is it doesn’t work. 

4 minutes ago, blade316 said:

So why not just go through the install steps yourself and give it a go? Worst that can happen is it doesn’t work. 

Not a lack of will or time, but you over-estimate my capabilities... I never even worked with any nix system besides Unraid. So creating my own docker in Unraid goes way beyond. Fair push though and let me see whether I can find some form of how-to guide how to create my own docker. Will likely fail though ;-(

2 minutes ago, steve1977 said:

Not a lack of will or time, but you over-estimate my capabilities... I never even worked with any nix system besides Unraid. So creating my own docker in Unraid goes way beyond. Fair push though and let me see whether I can find some form of how-to guide how to create my own docker. Will likely fail though ;-(

you are over complicating it mate - docker is baked into unraid, you can spin up any docker container (within reason) through the add container GUI - community apps is not the only way to use dockers on unraid, it’s just a tool to make it really easy to deploy - but you can just as easily put the docker commands in the extra parameters field or just spin it up from the shell.

For their instructions they give, they are just running docker in a Linux VM. But you wouldn't have to do that. You could for example build the image yourself using docker desktop, export it to a tar archive with docker export, move it to UnRAID and then use docker load to bring it into the local registry

Just give it a try mate - you might surprise yourself :) 

13 minutes ago, blade316 said:

you are over complicating it mate - docker is baked into unraid, you can spin up any docker container (within reason) through the add container GUI - community apps is not the only way to use dockers on unraid, it’s just a tool to make it really easy to deploy - but you can just as easily put the docker commands in the extra parameters field or just spin it up from the shell.

For their instructions they give, they are just running docker in a Linux VM. But you wouldn't have to do that. You could for example build the image yourself using docker desktop, export it to a tar archive with docker export, move it to UnRAID and then use docker load to bring it into the local registry

Just give it a try mate - you might surprise yourself :) 

I am a "windows guy" and even adding a docker through CA took me a while to understand how all this path and port mapping works. You may be laughing, but I am quite illiterate when it comes to *nix.

I downloaded the image in Windows (which I believe equates to what you call building the image). Now I need to find a way to turn it from zip to tar (which I am sure I can do). And then I copy the tar file into a new folder in my docker folder? And then select "add container" and create my own template? And then try to follow the github description as closely as possible?

9 minutes ago, steve1977 said:

I am a "windows guy" and even adding a docker through CA took me a while to understand how all this path and port mapping works. You may be laughing, but I am quite illiterate when it comes to *nix.

I downloaded the image in Windows (which I believe equates to what you call building the image). Now I need to find a way to turn it from zip to tar (which I am sure I can do). And then I copy the tar file into a new folder in my docker folder? And then select "add container" and create my own template? And then try to follow the github description as closely as possible?

Why not just use the Linux subsystem that built into windows 10 and then you can just follow the whole install guide as if your were on a Linux VM?

https://docs.docker.com/docker-for-windows/wsl-tech-preview/

5 minutes ago, blade316 said:

Why not just use the Linux subsystem that built into windows 10 and then you can just follow the whole install guide as if your were on a Linux VM?

https://docs.docker.com/docker-for-windows/wsl-tech-preview/

First of all, thanks for your advice to getting me a bit more familiar with dockers. Let me give this a try. In case I am successful, it wouldn't be too hard to move things over than from Windows to Unraid? My Windows is in a VM and I prefer to not always have it running.

• 4 months later...

I followed the op and updated the sub WEB_SERVER { "localhost:5000" } with my local IP but the webui still does not display correctly?

Not real worried about that but when trying to use the picard lookup option I am also getting this error:

Internal Server Error
Oops, something went wrong!

Error message: (No details about this error are available)

Time: 2020-09-15 15:16:07 UTC

Host: 291dbacfa9f7

URL: http://my local IP here:7209/taglookup?artist=England%20Dan%20%26%20John%20Ford%20Coley&release=self%20titled&track=&tracknum=&duration=&filename=&tport=8000

Request data:

$VAR1 = {
          'body_parameters' => {},
          'query_parameters' => {
                                  'artist' => 'removed',
                                  'release' => 'removed',
                                  'tport' => '8000',
                                  'filename' => '',
                                  'track' => '',
                                  'duration' => '',
                                  'tracknum' => ''
                                }
        };

We're terribly sorry for this problem. Please wait a few minutes and repeat your request â the problem may go away.

Any ideas?

• 2 months later...

Same problem here. The web ui works, searching on the UI is working OK.

However, when using the button "Lookup in Browser"in Picard it will produce the same unspecific error message

Internal Server Error

Oops, something went wrong!

Error message: (No details about this error are available)

Time: 2020-11-22 11:15:21 UTC

Host: 3ba754cc6c04

URL: http://myunraid.test:6000/taglookup?artist=redacted&release=redacted&track=redacted&tracknum=redacted&duration=redacted&filename=redacted&tport=8000

Request data:

$VAR1 = { 'query_parameters' => { 'filename' => 'redacted', 'artist' => 'redacted', 'duration' => 'redacted', 'tport' => '8000', 'track' => 'redacted', 'tracknum' => 'redacted', 'release' => redacted' }, 'body_parameters' => {} };

We're terribly sorry for this problem. Please wait a few minutes and repeat your request — the problem may go away.

I am wondering what the parameter tport is actually.. it does at least not match the TCP port of my musicbrainz mirror.

There are no log messages written by the musicbrainz mirror process when this error occurs!

Any ideas what's wrong with my installation and how to fix it?

Edited by b0m541

Looks like there is a dependency that needs to be changed looking at the logs

FATAL: database files are incompatible with server
DETAIL: The data directory was initialized by PostgreSQL version 10, which is not compatible with this version 12.4.

Or maybe the db needs another nuke and pave

Edited by tjb_altf4
3 hours ago, b0m541 said:

Thats what I did, since then 502 Bad Gateway, also still after the most recent update today.

It looks like the fix has been made, it just needs to make its way to the docker image.

Should appear for us within the next day

It also looks like the nuking the existing db content was required in any case

EDIT: updated image is available, but doesn't seem to fix the issue :(

Edited by tjb_altf4
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tjb_altf4 said:

Doesn't look like a fix is coming soon, so I've rolled back to an older image which unfortunately required nuking the db again.

What version exactly did you roll back to? The repo name that I would need to enter into the docker template?

Edited by TexasUnraid
29 minutes ago, TexasUnraid said:

What version exactly did you roll back to? The repo name that I would need to enter into the docker template?

linuxserver/musicbrainz:v-2019-08-08-ls6

That's the tag I used, its the latest prior to rebase to alpine which had all the recent updates.

Possibly one of the early rebased tags will work, but I'm not redownloading a few GB in db files to keep testing different versions haha

9 hours ago, tjb_altf4 said:

linuxserver/musicbrainz:v-2019-08-08-ls6

That's the tag I used, its the latest prior to rebase to alpine which had all the recent updates.

Possibly one of the early rebased tags will work, but I'm not redownloading a few GB in db files to keep testing different versions haha

Thanks, I will switch to that if I have any issues. Although I never could get lookup to work in the locally hosted version.