[Support] Linuxserver.io - Serviio

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least unraid and fix common errors is good now. Now I will work on the Roku boxes...they no longer like the content (won't accept any from the server) but nothing changed on the server side except the docker settings...I suspect I need to go turn the scraper setting back on in the Web interface.

Thanks again!

UPDATE: For anyone interested - I found the cause of the missing content. There was an update for Serviio this morning. It recreated without the drive mappings for my media. Everything is being rescraped right now.

Edited by Unqualified Spectator
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, Since version 162 (servio version 1.10) I cannot view the majority of my media files. All mkv files get indexed but then the is a "Unknown sever error (500, undefined) when browsing via the web or a device. MP4 and AVI files are fine and some hevc mkv files. Aside from converting all my files ot mp4 or going back to version 161 I am stuck, any ideas, I have done a full reset on permissions in unraid and still nothing.

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, gsayer said:

Looks like 1.10 is broken I cannot browse any files either after this 'upgrade',  I guess we need to sit tight until a fixed version is released.

Without some more detailed information on how to reproduce, or logs, or docker run command, you may be waiting a while......

28 minutes ago, gsayer said:

Good point, apologies I have attached my zipped up logs. If someone could have a look that would be greatly appreciated. 

tower-diagnostics-20190203-1009.zip

Unfortunately those are the system logs, whereas the information that might be helpful are the docker run command and the docker logs.  Info on how to find these can be found in the docker faq or in my signature.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Hope this is helpful for someone to help with my Serviio issue.

Thanks very much.

Command:
root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='serviio1' --net='host' -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'TCP_PORT_23423'='23423' -e 'TCP_PORT_8895'='8895' -e 'UDP_PORT_1900'='1900' -e 'TCP_PORT_23424'='23424' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'PUID'='99' -v '/mnt/user/Downloads/Movies/':'/movies':'ro' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/serviio/tmp/':'/tmp':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/serviio':'/config':'rw' 'lsiocommunity/serviio' 
97e6fb60ea490ea4f376469d34498052a32812c7f853f3a31d4f5ea95fa84dce

The command finished successfully!

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...

-------------------------------------
_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/

Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We gratefully accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
GID/UID

User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 30-config: executing...
[cont-init.d] 30-config: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.

Ran the docker logs command and got this:

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...

_         ()
         | |  ___   _    __
         | | / __| | |  /  \
         | | \__ \ | | | () |
         |_| |___/ |_|  \__/

Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We gratefully accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
GID/UID

User uid:    99
User gid:    100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 30-config: executing...
[cont-init.d] 30-config: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.

When I installed the latest version the media browser  only listed the top folders and inside the folders where all the movies are were blank and there was a 500 undefined error at the top of the page. Mostly MKV files in the system. Once I returned to version 161 the files all appeared again instantly. I checked the permissions: "-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users 15574070714 Jul 30  2013" for each file and it looks ok. folder structure: root@Tower:/mnt/user/Movies/Action

Any ideas, or do you need anything more to debug the problem. Seems odd that at least 2 people have the problem.

Regards

Henry

• 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, Ong Hui Hoong said:

So sad got to know serviio docker is deprecated :(

This is one of the DNLA server i can find that allow streaming without transcoding (fully disable transcoding).

Anyway, thanks for all the hard work :)

Plex and emby should work without transcoding if the client supports the media.

11 hours ago, saarg said:

Plex and emby should work without transcoding if the client supports the media.

I do have a Plex running at home and the DLNA is messy. In Serviio i can disable all the "Categories" and only show 'folder' :)

Serviio served me well all this year on Windows desktop app, until recently I build a UNRAID system (damn I'm excited!) and migrated my Serviio server to UNRAID docker.

My old 'smart' TV only capable of runnung DLNA client >.< So until I upgraded my TV to a Plex apps capable one, I will continue using this Serviio DLNA Server :)

image.thumb.png.caf2b9d0f98209fb168f313001dc2d1f.png

I moved over to Plex and installed the plex app on my LG tv and it seems to be fine generally.

The only thing to note is make sure that the appdata folder is set to cache with --> 'Yes' or 'Prefered'

The jury's out on which one is best otherwise the database will keep breaking.

• 6 months later...

ok is there any special reason for that? havent find any details to that.

Been searching for alternates now...

jellyfin - DLNA doenst work

Emby is paid , so jellyfin is fork

koel - has no DLNA

Libresonic - no update for last 2-3y

Airsonic - really oldschool UI and issue with DLNA

any other tips?

Thanks

Edited by killeriq
  • 2 months later...

I got Serviio 2.0 working on my unraid (with my Sony Bravia TV).

I based all of this on the riftbit serviio container.  That has been updated 9 months ago (not sure if it will be supported beyond that, but it is 2.0).  That container is described here (you don't need anything from this page -- it's just an fyi).

https://registry.hub.docker.com/r/riftbit/serviio

1) Create a directory on your server that can be used to store library data.  I chose to use /mnt/myapps/Serviio-riftbit.  You should create a directory on your server before continuing.

2) Run the following commands.

• Replace the reference to the directory from step 1 with whatever directory you created.
  • For each "-v" section below, map each of your media directories (I hope this part is self evident).  The format is "-v [source directory]:[docker directory]:rw". You can probably use :ro at the end, but I haven't tried that to see if it causes any errors.  I use RW since serviio can be configured to download metadata and subtitles etc
docker pull riftbit/serviio
docker run --name serviio_r -d --network host -p 23423:23423/tcp -p 23424:23424/tcp -p 8895:8895/tcp -p 1900:1900/udp -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -v /mnt/myapps/Serviio-riftbit/library:/opt/serviio/library:rw -v /mnt/user/unraid/Videos/Movies:/media/Movies:rw -v /mnt/user/unraid/Videos/Movies_Viewed:/media/Movies_Viewed:rw -v /mnt/user/unraid/Videos/Kids:/media/Kids:rw -v /mnt/user/unraid/videos_tv:/media/videos_tv:ro riftbit/serviio                                   

3) Go to the docker page within your server.  You will see a new "serviio_r" docker there.

• Disable any other serviio instances, or anything that uses conflicting ports (8895, 23424,23423)
  • stop and restart the "serviio_r" docker

4) Navigate your browser to "[your unraid server]:23423/console

5) Configure serviio.  In particular, add each of the media paths to the shared folders under the "Library" section.

Note that the docker can not be configured or updated within the Unraid docker page.  It can only be stopped/started/deleted (or the console accessed) from that page.  If you want to make a change (for example, adding a new media directory), edit your command from step 2 (the first line is not needed again), delete the "serviio_r" docker (via the unraid Docker page), edit your script from step 2, and run it again.  My experience is that Serviio configuration settings survive when I do this (although I have only tried it once or twice).

I hope that this helps others!  I'm not really intending to support this, but will try to do my best to help if I can.  If I had more time and energy, the next logical step is to make this all configurable from within Unraid, without requiring the script.

Tim

Edited by tcharron