[Support] Linuxserver.io - Serviio

i am hoping someone can help me i am really struggling to get riftbit/serviio working the service wont start i have tried the above and to use CA but it just wont work.  i installed the linuxserver.io version its perfect just not the latest version i would like the latest version

please help

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, SohailS said:

i am hoping someone can help me i am really struggling to get riftbit/serviio working the service wont start i have tried the above and to use CA but it just wont work.  i installed the linuxserver.io version its perfect just not the latest version i would like the latest version

please help

5 hours ago, jjslegacy said:

Why don’t you open an issue on the docker GitHub?  You want get much help here I imagine. 

We deprecated this container a long time ago. So you need to use another serviio container.

I have found issues with getting Plex to run well.  Sure I could probably get it going, but Serviio was just too familiar to me.  I still run serviio on my unraid.

I put this into /boot/config/setup-riftbit.sh

docker pull riftbit/serviio
docker run --name serviio_r -d --network host -p 23423:23423/tcp -p 23424:23424/tcp -p 8895:8895/tcp -p 1900:1900/udp -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -v /mnt/myapps/Serviio-riftbit/library:/opt/serviio/library:rw -v /mnt/user/unraid/Videos/Movies:/media/Movies:rw -v /mnt/user/unraid/Videos/Movies_Viewed:/media/Movies_Viewed:rw -v /mnt/user/unraid/Videos/Kids:/media/Kids:rw -v /mnt/user/unraid/videos_tv:/media/videos_tv:ro riftbit/serviio

Then run it:

/boot/config/setup-riftbit.sh

The only downside is that it can't be configured from the docker page (even though it shows up there).  If you ever want to change the setup, just destroy the container, edit the file, and run it again.

Update:  Here's a small script that will destroy the old container, update the image and then restart it:

docker stop serviio_r
docker rm serviio_r
docker pull riftbit/serviio
docker run --name serviio_r -d --network host -p 23423:23423/tcp -p 23424:23424/tcp -p 8895:8895/tcp -p 1900:1900/udp -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -v /mnt/myapps/Serviio-riftbit/library:/opt/serviio/library:rw -v /mnt/user/unraid/Videos/Movies:/media/Movies:rw -v /mnt/user/unraid/Videos/Movies_Viewed:/media/Movies_Viewed:rw -v /mnt/user/unraid/Videos/Kids:/media/Kids:rw -v /mnt/user/unraid/videos_tv:/media/videos_tv:ro riftbit/serviio

Edited by tcharron
added last script
  • 1 year later...

I'm new to Unraid and Serviio... I wanted to have a DLNA friendly media server that my stereo could connect to, while supporting OGG vorbis files serving, which many DLNA implementations don't.  Serviio did the trick!

One thing I noticed is that when serviio is running, my disk array never spins down anymore. It is set to spin down after an hour of being 'idle', meaning no connections to the array. I tried to turn off the constant scanning done by unchecking "keep library automatically updated"  on my server, but that did not make a difference.

I'd like to be able to spin down my array at night, or when no one is using the server for a while. Is there a way to configure serviio to either not interfere with Unraid's array settings or to schedule the server to stop/restart at set times in the day (for instance at night?)

Thanks for suggestions.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

https://github.com/soerentsch/docker-serviio

There is a new Docker of Serviio (search in apps), as this former one is not beeing updated anymore

But still from some reason Serviio (this former docker) and even the New one is not promoting, nothing visible in the network as before.

No clue if is issue with the product it self or some setting in Docker. Haven't found it...

I believe last version which was working for me was around 1.9 or so

---

I did try other options "Universal-Media-Server" - Not promoting

Gerbera - works right away after docker start...searches for tracks in folder i picked and promoting on network.

---

If someone could help with Serviio I would he glad ;)